A decent side in there somewhere

Don't blame the ref too much. Shocking decision for the penalty but what happened in the second half? First half I thought we were excellent and but foor the lack of a goalscorer would have been out of sight. Second half? Never came out of the dressing room. If they can play that well consistently then all would be well but not so much a game of two halves as two completely different games.

Is Lomax injured? Hazell sure isn't a right back - he had a mare and even if the pen wasn't it was an accident waiting to happen. I'm thinking of making a comeback as a fat unfit 46 year old as I wouldn't have looked out of place by Gregan.

[ I'm thinking of making a comeback as a fat unfit 46 year old as I wouldn't have looked out of place by Gregan.

Just as long as you can read the game as well as he did today and shut out their central attack. Not the least annoying thing was that we managed to lose, despite the fact that our central defence worked so well that Supple did not have a shot to save apart from the goals, neither of which was his fault.

[ I'm thinking of making a comeback as a fat unfit 46 year old as I wouldn't have looked out of place by Gregan.

Just as long as you can read the game as well as he did today and shut out their central attack. Not the least annoying thing was that we managed to lose, despite the fact that our central defence worked so well that Supple did not have a shot to save apart from the goals, neither of which was his fault.

Watched a different game I think. Gregan may well have read the game well but he gave the ball away far too many times

Is Gregan the stand in scapegoat while Eardley is away on international duty?

Well said LL. I'm sick to the back teeth of Gregan getting slaughtered, whilst there's other players who are just not pulling their weight. Eardley's a bloody joke, if he can play for Wales!!!!!! Sure Gregan's one of the older ones, but he puts his heart and soul into the game. And yes, he has off games but so does everyone else. Eardley most matches I'd say. :ranting:

Well said LL. I'm sick to the back teeth of Gregan getting slaughtered, whilst there's other players who are just not pulling their weight. Eardley's a bloody joke, if he can play for Wales!!!!!! Sure Gregan's one of the older ones, but he puts his heart and soul into the game. And yes, he has off games but so does everyone else. Eardley most matches I'd say. :ranting:

I'm also having a go at people calling Eardley as well! Obviously professional coaches and scouts know absolutely nothing, poor performances = international call ups? I don't think so. They can clearly see he has plenty of ability and gets no support in terms of movement ahead of him. Strikers (bar LA) who never look to go and ask for the ball to feet, forcing him to play hopeful percentage balls, it's hardly the ideal circumstances for him to shine. What has DJ done since he has come back? Half decent against Leeds and that's about it, why? Suffering from the same thing as Eardley, no movement, no support and forced to play percentages and look a mug for giving the ball away 'cheaply'. Last time he was here we had LA in the side who gives the full backs something to hit into feet, it's no surprise without him in the team, both full backs struggle to find a man more than once with their distribution during a game. I'm amazed so few people can see this and instead just think he's hoofing it because that's how he thinks the game should be played. Ridiculous.

I'm also having a go at people calling Eardley as well! Obviously professional coaches and scouts know absolutely nothing, poor performances = international call ups? I don't think so. They can clearly see he has plenty of ability and gets no support in terms of movement ahead of him. Strikers (bar LA) who never look to go and ask for the ball to feet, forcing him to play hopeful percentage balls, it's hardly the ideal circumstances for him to shine. What has DJ done since he has come back? Half decent against Leeds and that's about it, why? Suffering from the same thing as Eardley, no movement, no support and forced to play percentages and look a mug for giving the ball away 'cheaply'. Last time he was here we had LA in the side who gives the full backs something to hit into feet, it's no surprise without him in the team, both full backs struggle to find a man more than once with their distribution during a game. I'm amazed so few people can see this and instead just think he's hoofing it because that's how he thinks the game should be played. Ridiculous.

ive watched most of eardleys games for wales and its very rare you will see him pass the ball more than 10 yards....thats because hes got players come looking for it....only option hes got here is a long 30-35 yarder down the line...midfield to blame for me..they dont want it,,especially in our own half

ive watched most of eardleys games for wales and its very rare you will see him pass the ball more than 10 yards....thats because hes got players come looking for it....only option hes got here is a long 30-35 yarder down the line...midfield to blame for me..they dont want it,,especially in our own half

Good point! Eardley has been suffering since Wellens left because thats because Wellens would always come short to take the ball off the back four and get us moving result less hoofing more passing and possesion.

Good point! Eardley has been suffering since Wellens left because thats because Wellens would always come short to take the ball off the back four and get us moving result less hoofing more passing and possesion.

Moral of the story: let go of your quality players and they take the quality with them.

here here...allott..whits..maher..not one of them will go get it off the full backs or centre halfs...only option is long ball to the forwards with no one of any real quality,size to win the ball...we need a screamer in the middle of the park...demanding the ball of the back 4

here here...allott..whits..maher..not one of them will go get it off the full backs or centre halfs...only option is long ball to the forwards with no one of any real quality,size to win the ball...we need a screamer in the middle of the park...demanding the ball of the back 4

Thats where it has been going wrong all season. I dont buy into this we are good enough to go up. We dont have quality in the centre and that is why we are where we are in the league and why Shez has ultimately lost his job.

Thats where it has been going wrong all season. I dont buy into this we are good enough to go up. We dont have quality in the centre and that is why we are where we are in the league and why Shez has ultimately lost his job.

best team ive seen at oldham this season and i dont know why they are doing crap are carlisle,,,,thats because they have graham kavanagh playing for them..as soon as both full backs or centre halfs got the ball he was there...5-10 yards away wanting the ball..then it was just a simple pass and away they went...i know hes getting on but hed be in my team for next season..

We never really developed the option of the Maher/Whitaker partnership.

I understand why Shez wouldn't want to drop Allott, but for me Maher is a better player.

i dont think any of them are any good...why did southend let him go if hes that good...no not my cup of tea and worst midfield we have had for god knows how long

i dont think any of them are any good...why did southend let him go if hes that good...no not my cup of tea and worst midfield we have had for god knows how long

Are we doing a vote for worst post of the season, because I had several corp jones ones on the list but I think the matter has been settled.