other clubs Aprils fools

Yeovil appoint new coach

Yeovil Town manager Terry Skiverton has announced this morning, that hospitality manager Clive Robinson will be assisting the new management duo until the end of the season.

Robinson, 67 who has recently obtained his UEFA A Coaching Licence, will be assisting both Terry and Nathan in the dugout for the first time on Saturday, for the Glover's match against Stockport County.

Neil killkenny plays well for Leeds

Neil Kilkenny has bided his time for the opportunity to shine again in a Leeds United shirt, but having returned to the starting line-up he is enjoying every minute of it.

The Australian Olympic star started his first game for two months against Scunthorpe in February and he has played a prominent role in United's last eight matches.

With Jonathan Douglas reverting to right-back in the absence of Frazer Richardson, Kilkenny has forged a new-look midfield partnership with Jonny Howson, and he is enjoying life in the centre of the park.

"I came here a year and a bit ago to play central midfield and after the first four games or so I didn't play there," he explained. "This is the first time really since I first came that I've played in the middle of a 4-4-2. I've enjoyed it, and hopefully I can keep performing to the level I am."

Swindon ????

STAND BUY ME - BUY ONLINE!

Posted on: Wed 01 Apr 2009

If you are yet to purchase a Stand Buy Me ticket then why not buy online at stfconlineshop.co.uk?

The "Stand Buy Me" lottery will allow the winner to personally name The County Ground's Stratton Bank for the next two seasons.

Proceeds from the lottery will be going to the STFC Centre of Excellence, with sales limited to 1,969 lottery tickets, at £10 each.

from Doncaster

From our local paper, very poor.

DONCASTER Rovers are set to unveil a surprise new signing later today.

Most fans had assumed that transfer activity was over after the loan deadline passed last week.

But today the club will introduce teenage talent Loopafril to the press after snapping him up on a free transfer.

New boy Loopafril is a 17-year-old striker who scored 36 goals for Botswanan Premier League side Great North Tigers in his debut season last year and had been courted by the Arsenal youth academy.

But the Tigers' Dutch manager, Joos Kiddink, revealed he had released the youngster because Loopafril specifically asked to be allowed to join Rovers.

Kiddink said: "Of course we were disappointed. This kid could turn out to be the next Drogba, he could have his pick of any club in the world. But he had his heart set on a move to Doncaster."

"You couldn't make it up."

Just to confirm I'm not the April Fool because I wasnt the one that told the joke

must say the one newcastle pulled was a cracker realy had me going "the new mesia"" shearer our savior " all the deluded geordie bottlers getting exited cracker that one had me well sucked in .

must say the one newcastle pulled was a cracker realy had me going "the new mesia"" shearer our savior " all the deluded geordie bottlers getting exited cracker that one had me well sucked in .

Actually that was true, it was the Dowie bit that must have been the joke..!