Paul Black

I think the polite way to put it is that he will have learnt alot today.

Couple of mistakes, and was moved back and forth a bit for LB to LW which probably didn't help him. He wasn't dreadful, but nor did his performance demand that he gets a start on Monday. I hope it was a positive experience though - I think he could come good. (And by Christ do we need a left back).

I think the polite way to put it is that he will have learnt alot today.

Couple of mistakes, and was moved back and forth a bit for LB to LW which probably didn't help him. He wasn't dreadful, but nor did his performance demand that he gets a start on Monday. I hope it was a positive experience though - I think he could come good. (And by Christ do we need a left back).

we had one in gouldbourne,but joe decided he didnt want him,didnt do much wrong whilst here

Guest sheridans_world
we had one in gouldbourne,but joe decided he didnt want him,didnt do much wrong whilst here

He was also a waste of money, considering our current position.

I mean we need a permanent left back, not a loanee. Doubt there was ever any prospect of making Golbourne a permanent signing, and I'm not sure there's much chance of that with Jonesy either.

as i understand it,jones is surplus to requirements at wolves,but they want a fee,we have first refusal should anything happen.

that said is he a left back or left midfield???

cant remember last time we had a decent left back....armstrong???

Jones worries me defensively at times, but didn't seem to offer much at left midfield yesterday either. I think his best position is as an attacking wing back, but I think I'd rather see someone who's more solid defensively.

Last good left back? Yes, Armstrong I reckon, certainly for any length of time.

as i understand it,jones is surplus to requirements at wolves,but they want a fee,we have first refusal should anything happen.

that said is he a left back or left midfield???

cant remember last time we had a decent left back....armstrong???

Simon Charlton until he remembered his age.

Giddings was a solid defender, we've had a lot worse. Something must have gone wrong for him to fall to that level. Charlton was an inspired signing, he immediately sorted out the back four and sorted Taylor out at the same time. As Mike says it caught up with him but his experience carried him through where other people would have sunk.

Giddings was a solid defender, we've had a lot worse. Something must have gone wrong for him to fall to that level. Charlton was an inspired signing, he immediately sorted out the back four and sorted Taylor out at the same time. As Mike says it caught up with him but his experience carried him through where other people would have sunk.

Injuries. Could be that he can't cope with League football.