Joes Comments on LW tonight...

Well there you go.......things are not always as we imagine.

Looks like you can add another criticism of Shez to your list!!!

Hmmmm...if it's true then fair enough. Could fit the bill to lump it all on the last manager who can't defend himself. :wink:

PS I've enough on that list...don't need anymore :wink

Just to clear up this reciprecated comment of yours oafc0000 now that I am allowed to mention it in a public arena

For the past 5 weeks Barry has been visiting his mother who is seriously ill very often. In fact I had a call off him an hour ago telling me that he cant now make the forum due to the fact the doctors are not expecting his poorly mother to last for much longer !

Hope that doesnt make you feel to :censored: but heyho...... sometimes people have to log off not only Owtb but there general routine in life !

Sorry Rich, but that goes down as a low blow in my book. Best wishes to Barry and family in this matter, but it's hardly relevant to the point Mr0000000000 made. I don't suppose he wishes any harm on Mrs Owen in wishing for Barry to communicate more fully with the fans.

not necessarily there fault,we are merely guessing who is to blame without actually knowing all the facts.

that season we had the horrific injury pile up,and had no choice but to bring in loans and play the kids,the effect of playing the kids,meant that the reserve team wich had been promoted was made up of trainees,trialists and youth players,and they got battered most games to the point where tp was pulling his hair out because there confidence and morale had gone,it was literally kids against men.

what should of happened the next season was that we signed adequate cover and first team players allowing the said kids to go back to the reserves and get there games confidance and everything else right.

yes we signed a good few players and said how much cover we had etc etc,but then scrap the ressie side,there by not giving anybody in the first squad any chance of regular football,there for not maintaining fitness levels and so on,so when they are called upon there not ready,and get slagged off for not performing.

the decision will have been taken by the manager,his assistant,and other coaches,citing footballing reasons.

Good points, but highlights the balance of the judgement. Last season we were throwing boys in against teams that would have murdered a decent reserve side because of injuries, that's no good. Before that we were in a league that our stronger reserves usually won in without breaking sweat. There is always going to be a trade off between quality and numbers, I guess Shez banked on less numbers and therefore enough football to keep the principles fit, with loans filling in the gaps that appeared. I think most of us will agree that he made mistakes in not following this policy and looking within the squad first to fill the gaps that appeared. Never mind unfit strikers, we've had enough 3rd/4th goalkeepers in recent years to know that they are usually :censored:.

Hope that doesnt make you feel to :censored: but heyho...... sometimes people have to log off not only Owtb but there general routine in life !

That's a bit like the old "I'm not racist but..."

Done with every intention of making the lad feel bad. He asked the question, he wasn't to know the background was he.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

2) " Not having a reserve side this season has killed us"

If anything has been so major in our downfall this season, this is it. Not Shez's fault either...infact, I've said a bit how Shez has struggled to keep players happy and this has been a big factor in it (and that's before getting round to discussing fitness levels etc.)

I'd love to have seen the meeting where that decision took place. Who took it even...I do wish Shez had've kicked off about it. Even to the point of saying...I can't work like that. Massive, massive mistake that this season...the biggest mistake the club has made in years!

==================

I went to the meeting at the end of last season at the Chaddy con club where Simon C and some of the staff were there.

I think the reason they gave for scrapping the reserve side was not to save money but they felt that the level they were playing in was not competitive enough for them and they could organize better opposition as well as having the Manchester senior cup or something similar.

I said to SC that i thought it was a big mistake and they would look back at the end of the season and regret it.

If only they had listened to me !!!!!!

Edited by losesome

You say this....

not necessarily there fault,we are merely guessing who is to blame without actually knowing all the facts.

Then you say this...

the decision will have been taken by the manager,his assistant,and other coaches,citing footballing reasons.

Notice the problem :)

Like I said before....if only we had a fan on the board who speaks to us regularly and who could clear these issues up...oh wait...

Edited by oafc0000

I went to the meeting at the end of last season at the Chaddy con club where Simon C and some of the staff were there.

I think the reason they gave for scrapping the reserve side was not to save money but they felt that the level they were playing in was not competitive enough for them and they could organize better opposition as well as having the Manchester senior cup or something similar.

I said to SC that i thought it was a big mistake and they would look back at the end of the season and regret it.

If only they had listened to me !!!!!!

You know the managers job is free if you fancy a crack :)

You say this....

Then you say this...

Notice the problem :)

Like I said before....if only we had a fan on the board who speaks to us regularly and who could clear these issues up...oh wait...

i was answering your post because again,your ahving a go at the wrong people as in the board,when quite clearly it wasnt.

i was answering your post because again,your ahving a go at the wrong people as in the board,when quite clearly it wasnt.

You said we dont know who took the decision and we are just guessing... You then state it was a decison by the manager and was a footballing one... So you know this for a fact ?

Edited by oafc0000

You say it's not Shez's fault as though you know it for fact!!

This is an email I sent to Alan Hardy earlier today along with his reply.... it will clear up the debate about who actually made the decision to scrap our reserve side this season.

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:44:25 +0000

To: <alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk>

Subject: Reserve team.

Hi Alan,

Don't know if you can answer this question but it's a hot topic on OWTB at the moment.

Who's decision was it to scrap the reserve side this season?

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Graham Keen.

---------------------------------------

Hi Graham

It was at the request of the Manager but against my recommendation but the Manager said he would arrange friendly games to compensate.

Therefore the directors supported him on that basis.

Alan

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Well there you go.......things are not always as we imagine.

Looks like you can add another criticism of Shez to your list!!!

This is the nearest to a fact with any substance I feel.

Hmmmm...if it's true then fair enough. Could fit the bill to lump it all on the last manager who can't defend himself. :wink:

PS I've enough on that list...don't need anymore :wink

Well seen as someone else has posted a direct communication now, I'll just say that it was Alan who said exactly the same thing to me in a meeting 8 months ago when I asked him about it. He was against the move at the time, but as he said it was the managers choice. So it isn't a matter of lumping it on now the manager has gone... (just in case the :wink: gets missed BB80).

Anway whatever it was a bad call as BB80 and others have pointed out.