Westlake...whether you rate him or not...

This post is really to see who you want to go up and who you don't want to go up...which leads me to who I really, really don't want to go up...

It should naturally be Leeds but now, for me, Peterborough really really are coming a close 2nd. These cheating bastards this season have badly injured two of our players...Jones down there and Westlake at ours. I'm actually quite concerned for the guys health after reading about his relapse today and hope he makes a very speedy recovery. He got a right crack in the face vs Posh and again they got away with such thuggery. Add to that, the penalties we've had against us and the fact of their manager and I'd be gutted if they went up now!

So...who do you want to see go up with Leicester? And who would ya hate to see go up?

This post is really to see who you want to go up and who you don't want to go up...which leads me to who I really, really don't want to go up...

It should naturally be Leeds but now, for me, Peterborough really really are coming a close 2nd. These cheating bastards this season have badly injured two of our players...Jones down there and Westlake at ours. I'm actually quite concerned for the guys health after reading about his relapse today and hope he makes a very speedy recovery. He got a right crack in the face vs Posh and again they got away with such thuggery. Add to that, the penalties we've had against us and the fact of their manager and I'd be gutted if they went up now!

So...who do you want to see go up with Leicester? And who would ya hate to see go up?

Mongs - Hate everything they stand for, I would love it if it all went tits up for them and say in 2 or 3 years team they were playing then rightful Dons, and definitely a possibility.

Leeds - would be piss funny watching them all squirm for another year

Scunny - Scummy twats that always seem to pull a couple of 20 goals a season strikers out of thin air and Adkins is a :censored: of the highest order

If it come down to it I could cope with Millwall and Perterborough going up. although I fear we will see the usual rioting at The New Den when it all goes tits up for them in the play offs.

I'd love it if Scunthorpe somehow managed it, and for some reason the Football League decided that no one was going up through the play offs.

I'd be gutted if Peterborough or MK went up, as consecutive promotions would be a right smack in the chops. Leeds are just filth. Millwall's my closest game, and I'd hate to lose that.

Edited by Zorrro

Peterborough have the son of Satan for a gaffer. Not them.

MK Dons. Nah. Wrong 'uns.

Scunthorpe. Not keen on Adkins. Bit of a pleb.

Tranmere. God no.

Millwall? The least likely of most choices but they can go up for me. We might struggle to score down there again now Hughes has gone.

Edit* I appear to have completely discounted Leeds. Yeah, it'll be Leeds who who win the plays off then as I seem to have completely forgotten about them.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Peterborough have the son of Satan for a gaffer. Not them.

MK Dons. Nah. Wrong 'uns.

Scunthorpe. Not keen on Adkins. Bit of a pleb.

Tranmere. God no.

Millwall? The least likely of most choices but they can go up for me. We might struggle to score down there again now Hughes has gone.

Edit* I appear to have completely discounted Leeds. Yeah, it'll be Leeds who who win the plays off then as I seem to have completely forgotten about them.

Pretty much how I feel (apart from Leeds winning playoffs...they won't)...Tramps or Millwall for me...

Westlake?

Not been overwhelmed by him. Not sure he's better than what we have, but if Joe can get more out of him than the others I'll take that.

Promotion?

Don't care about Peterborough or Scunny, so they can have it.

MK, Leeds, Millwall or Trannies losing to a last minute offside goal would be sweet.

I hope Leeds go up alongside one of Mk Dons and Peterborough.

Tramere, Scunthorpe and Millwall won't be as strong as those three next season (due to funds) so would prefer us to have to play them rather than 2 of those 3.

Fair play to MK and Peterborough a decent amount of cash spent on young exciting talent (especially Peterborough) has almost got them two promotions on the bounce. I didn't support Wimbledon so couldn't give a toss about the franchise nonsense. If the yanks did it to United or Liverpool most of us would piss ourselves.

I didn't support Wimbledon so couldn't give a toss about the franchise nonsense. If the yanks did it to United or Liverpool most of us would piss ourselves.

I don't think I would to be perfectly honest. The Franchise nonsense is messing with the fabric of football, and it's a game I'm falling out of love with as each year passes thanks to the inbalance of revenue killing off smaller clubs.

It'd never happen though, because United and Liverpool are already a success. The whole thing about Wimbledon was someone coming in, stripping everything out of the club (yet still keeping the nickname, bizarrely) in a shortcut to making lotsadosh. Let's never lose sight of that eh?

Westlake?

Not been overwhelmed by him. Not sure he's better than what we have, but if Joe can get more out of him than the others I'll take that.

Promotion?

Don't care about Peterborough or Scunny, so they can have it.

MK, Leeds, Millwall or Trannies losing to a last minute offside goal would be sweet.

Its one of those heart and head things... my head says it would make sense if Leicester, Leeds and Peterboro' went up.... my heart says pretty much identical to the statement above.

To be honest it would right royally naff me off if any of Millwall, Scunny, and the Dippers went up... just bloody average sides who have shown they wanted it far more than any of our rabble did...

... actually, the more I think about it. Just anyone but Tranmere. Also a logical thing about that, we tend to compete for players with the Dippers, lashers, Donny, 'Udders and Leeds.... it would right royally annoy me if we were adrift at the bottom of the food chain...

What does Westlake bring to the team that players we have already got dont? Nothing waste of time me thinks we wont be showing any ambition to get out of this league signing players like him

Dunno, I quite like him a bit me. I think his workrate is pleasing, and he gets stuck in a bit. It's pretty hard to form a solid opinion of him from the 2 games I've seen him in and going off what Royle's said and what came from the Cheltenham fans (who to a man they were pretty sorry to see him go) I think he could have more to offer us.

It'd never happen though, because United and Liverpool are already a success. The whole thing about Wimbledon was someone coming in, stripping everything out of the club (yet still keeping the nickname, bizarrely) in a shortcut to making lotsadosh. Let's never lose sight of that eh?

I hope they go up as they play attractive football, have a decent(ish) ground and are ambitious. I'm not bothered where they came from to get here.

The only issue I had with it all was the massive move in distance for the fans. If some multi millionaire wanted to buy us and create Tameside Athletic, moved ground to Ashton (within distance of Oldham) and pumped in loads of cash I'd jizz my knickers.

If things stand still they crumble and waste away.

What does Westlake bring to the team that players we have already got dont? Nothing waste of time me thinks we wont be showing any ambition to get out of this league signing players like him

And you can tell that after what? 3 games...and if you missed Orient, then 2 games...one of which, he got the above mentioned crack in the face and has been puking up and dizzy most of the time since. Nice one! I bow to your superior knowledge.

I hope they go up as they play attractive football, have a decent(ish) ground and are ambitious. I'm not bothered where they came from to get here.

The only issue I had with it all was the massive move in distance for the fans. If some multi millionaire wanted to buy us and create Tameside Athletic, moved ground to Ashton (within distance of Oldham) and pumped in loads of cash I'd jizz my knickers.

See this is the problem...move us to Tameside??? Sorry fella but doing to us what was done to Wimbledon would be like moving us to Warrington...be jizzing yaself then??? Or pissed off, angry and demand ya football club is sacred and it's history not be ripped apart like a Rottweiler with a cheap toy!!!

And you can tell that after what? 3 games...and if you missed Orient, then 2 games...one of which, he got the above mentioned crack in the face and has been puking up and dizzy most of the time since. Nice one! I bow to your superior knowledge.

And first half against Orient him and Jones ran the show and looked excellent together.

Bully for you. Your sanitised view of football today is clearly different from mine. C'est la vie.

Yeah, I would too but it isn't comparable to what happened to the Wombloes. It's like someone moving us to Barrow and making a massive success of it all. Bit different.

True. That's evolution for yer. But football should still protect morals and values. And there should be a way of doing things like this, such as starting a club up from scratch, or better still picking a non-league team and pumping money into that. Hmm, I wonder why Winkleman didn't do that?

You go girlfriend!!! :sign0003:

So you asked people what they thought of him then when people are critical you jump on them? Nice one! I bow to your superior knowledge.

Perhaps you should tell people what answers you want from them when you ask the original question.

True. That's evolution for yer. But football should still protect morals and values. And there should be a way of doing things like this, such as starting a club up from scratch, or better still picking a non-league team and pumping money into that. Hmm, I wonder why Winkleman didn't do that?

I'll text him and ask him. B)

So you asked people what they thought of him then when people are critical you jump on them? Nice one! I bow to your superior knowledge.

Perhaps you should tell people what answers you want from them when you ask the original question.

I think if you read back...you'll see I didn't ask what anyone thought of him whatsoever and was actually stating that he's quite ill and I hope he gets better "whether you rate him or not"...try harder next time eh!

What I did actually ask for is who people want to go up and not to go up...can't say I was too impressed with your "opinion" on that one either...Warrington Athletic??? Up for it then???

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think if you read back...you'll see I didn't ask what anyone thought of him whatsoever and was actually stating that he's quite ill and I hope he gets better "whether you rate him or not"...try harder next time eh!

What I did actually ask for is who people want to go up and not to go up...can't say I was too impressed with your "opinion" on that one either...Warrington Athletic??? Up for it then???

It's actually double the distance than that mate. Try Whitchurch Latics or Goole Blues instead. Mmm.

Where is the question about westlake being good or not :unsure:

Back to the original question I hope Milwall and Scunny go up... Cant stand any of the teams in the play offs but these two are marginally less annoying than the other three

"Westlake...whether you rate him or not..., Also...who do you want to go up?"

Is the main title. Forgive me for interpreting "Westlake...whether you rate him or not..." as a comment on his health and not an open invite to comment on whether we rate him or not.

Yes, Warrington Athletic would be double sweet. What sport you guys play? I'm sure your really great with top lads like yourself on board.

I'm sure if we debate this any further you'll be sad enough to quote yourself from posts that are 18months old so we'll leave it at:

Your title was bobbins, your opinion on Westlake is no more valid than anyone elses on this board and Warrington Athletic are officially the best Gay Wheelchair Ice Hockey team in Cheshire.

It's actually double the distance than that mate. Try Whitchurch Latics or Goole Blues instead. Mmm.

Yup true...couldn't think of many places without a team that distance. Goole's a good one! It's just ignorance that leads to it being acceptable as to what MK Scum did. Still waiting to hear whether he's jizzing about Warrington Athletic though...

Edited by boundaryblue80

"Westlake...whether you rate him or not..., Also...who do you want to go up?"

Is the main title. Forgive me for interpreting "Westlake...whether you rate him or not..." as a comment on his health and not an open invite to comment on whether we rate him or not.

Yes, Warrington Athletic would be double sweet. What sport you guys play? I'm sure your really great with top lads like yourself on board.

I'm sure if we debate this any further you'll be sad enough to quote yourself from posts that are 18months old so we'll leave it at:

Your title was bobbins, your opinion on Westlake is no more valid than anyone elses on this board and Warrington Athletic are officially the best Gay Wheelchair Ice Hockey team in Cheshire.

Are you feeling ok? Need me to call the nurse with your pills?

By the way, the sport would be football, the shirt would be blue and white, Gregan would be the captain, Taylor our roving winger, the club crest would have an Owl on it...do you get it now? No...you don't...coz you've ignored it...sadly, you've shown more ignorance by completely ignoring what is a very close comparison to what MK Scum have done. That, to me, renders you an idiot who's opinion is complete and utter :censored:e. Feel free to feel the same though!

Edited by boundaryblue80