Team For Next Season?

Team for next season?

Gregan, Fleming and Taylor apart they can all sod off.

No way I am interested in watching the majority of the bottle merchants that have turned out for this season - can't bring myself to say they have played for us because all they've done is go through the motions. Bin them all.

As long as they give their all week in week out I couldn't give a monkey's who we sign as long as those that have let us all down so badly are never afforded the honour of wearing Royal Blue again.

Why don't you rate him?

he ha some very good goalkeeping attributes but for me doesnt command his area. i like a keeper who is constantly communicating with his defence and to be blunt he is one step from mute.

is it coincidence we lost form when norm got injured? 2 clean sheets in 20 odd is partially down to him. harsh to blame him soley but he has played his part.

i like him but not enough

he ha some very good goalkeeping attributes but for me doesnt command his area. i like a keeper who is constantly communicating with his defence and to be blunt he is one step from mute.

is it coincidence we lost form when norm got injured? 2 clean sheets in 20 odd is partially down to him. harsh to blame him soley but he has played his part.

i like him but not enough

Fairy nuff.

I think he's excellent!

There are a number of mixed opinions regarding Lee on here. Personally, I would like to see him tried out in CM instead of the wing because a winger, he ain't.

I'd go with Stephens and Lee at Walsall in CM, young lads full of energy box to box players - just what we need in the middle, a bit of energy.

Your being very generous to our midfield Allot for me is lucky to be offered a new contract not the player he was last season and Lee like Allessandra and Smalley is still only a player of potential a good player one day he maybe but not one who should be a first team regular just yet
gregan was our best play this season lee is crap lomax crap alexandra crap allot touch and go 2 new strikers bobs your uncle

I'd go with Stephens and Lee at Walsall in CM, young lads full of energy box to box players - just what we need in the middle, a bit of energy.
lee is crap thats for starters!!!! stephens we havent seen alot of allot is touch and go,lomax total :censored: need i say more,

There are a number of mixed opinions regarding Lee on here. Personally, I would like to see him tried out in CM instead of the wing because a winger, he ain't.

what is he?

i honestly don't know what his strengths are.

passing, tackling, crossing or shooting certainly don't seem to be. which leaves what?

all he seems to do is run around a lot and make little flicks that rarely come off.

gregan was our best play this season lee is crap lomax crap alexandra crap allot touch and go 2 new strikers bobs your uncle

Think you have just proved that you know absolutely :censored:all about football! If you think two strikers will remedy our current short-comings you are a deluded fool. Lee is a quality footballer, anyone who knows anything about football can see that. The only issue I see with him is which is his best position.

Think you have just proved that you know absolutely :censored:all about football! If you think two strikers will remedy our current short-comings you are a deluded fool. Lee is a quality footballer, anyone who knows anything about football can see that. The only issue I see with him is which is his best position.

lee has been hampered by no reserve team,sick of saying it really but its the brutal honest truth.

players like lee and stephens,getting regular action in competative games week in week out,will be ready to step into the first team as and when required,this season every time lee was asked to play under shez he was nowhere near fit,in fact i could of probably played longer than he could,and im 42...

get a decent pre season under there belts,and out the traps at the start and you will see why he is here.

Could someone please tell me why we would want Jones next season? I just don't see why he is so highly rated.

He is pacey and can sometimes put a good delivery into the box but he is definately no left back. If he was willing to concede that he could be a useful winger then I would be all for that but I have not seen anything to suggest he is better defensively than what we have in Lomax.

Get rid of him and some of the other dead wood, and the team that remains should be;

Fleming

Eardley Hazell Stam Black

Smalley Allott Lee Taylor

Alessandra O'Grady

Subs: Crossley (hopefully as a player/coach), Stephens, Whitaker, Lomax and any youth players we have who we think are good enough.

Starting from that base, I think we need a centre-forward and a centre-half, and I think we could do a lot worse than looking at Graham from Carlisle and Trotman on loan until January. With a big, strong CF we'd need to play with width, and look to Taylor and Smalley to get balls into the box.

........Plus you have versatile guys like Taylor, O'Grady, Lee and Smalley who can be used to cover other postions.

We need to be smarter with loans this season too. Maybe look to get a left-back in until January, depending on how good the training staff see Black as being... If we have slim resources then we cannot afford not to give our youngsters a chance, and that is what I want to see next season.

That team you have listed above would see us in trouble i feel; but i know you weren.t suggesting that to be your starting 11 full stop; it's the starting basis of the under contract players we have left to be added to with new signings.

I’d personally offer Gregan another deal; on slightly reduced terms if he’s take it. The players we have left need a vocal leader; and Gregan is about the only player we have who talks at all during the game. Plus, I think for the most part he’s had a good season.

Stam gets a basic deal with bonuses for playing; if he doesn’t accept then its thanks Stefan & bye – we could get just as good elsewhere.

As you say, we need to be cuter in the loan market than we have been recently. 2 or 3 season long loans for players would help with squad depth & if we’re better at bringing certain types of players in; should help with player quality too. None of this 1 month deals; that just doesn’t bring the continuity that you need; if you’re going into the loan market it has to be for a minimum 6 months; but hopefully for the season IMO.

I too don’t see the DJ-bumming that goes on here sometimes; he’s no great shakes for me; he’s neither a LB nor a LW – once again there is better out there if you look for it.

Think we need a new CB, LB, a new CM & a new RW with 2 new ST’s.

COG gets into the squad & actually plays next season for me as I rate him at this level. If we can find a position for Lee then he’d get games for me next season; maybe in the hole at the top of a midfield diamond? He doesn’t look like an outright CM to me; so maybe in a free role higher up the pitch we’d see him shine?

Stephens; I don’t know – he’s looked ok in the few games I’ve watched him in; but then fades 2nd half. If fitness is sorted out with him; he could be option to mix things up in the midfield?

The 1st year pro’s might have to feature, Ollerenshaw as the back-up keeper to Fleming; as I think Norm is off & Brooke might get a few bench appearances if we’re struggling for ST’s.

Of the 6 new players I think we need; I’m not sure who we should go for; as I have no idea how big or small the budget will be, but I’d be happy with a couple of these:

• George Elockobi – CB – Wolves – season loan (going upto the Prem will see him further down the pecking order at Wolves)

• Darcy Blake – CB – Cardiff – season loan (Eardleys Welsh U-21 team mate, loan deal to get 1st team games)

• Stuart Giddings – Coventry – LB – free transfer (did well for us when here, pick up on a free, good defender & the needed LB)

• Nicky Law – CM – Sheff Utd – season loan (Loan deal this season to Bradford in L2; not ready for the Sheff Utd 1st team just ye; especially if they go up – would be the ball playing CM we need IMO)

• Robbie Garrett – Glentoran – CM – buy for small fee (a younger Allott / Maher type; but with a bit of quality on the ball too)

• Tom Saunders – RW – Dag & Redbridge – buy for a fee (4 gaols in his last 4 games have been screamer too, tricky winger who wouldn’t break the bank)

• Rhys Murphy – ST – Arsenal – season loan (up & coming striker; 1st team experience needed for his development; don’t ask don’t get?)

• Richard Mooney – ST – Reading – season loan (on loan at Norwich so maybe Championship level already & might not want to drop to L1, but big lad who has scored a few too)

That team you have listed above would see us in trouble i feel; but i know you weren.t suggesting that to be your starting 11 full stop; it's the starting basis of the under contract players we have left to be added to with new signings.

I’d personally offer Gregan another deal; on slightly reduced terms if he’s take it. The players we have left need a vocal leader; and Gregan is about the only player we have who talks at all during the game. Plus, I think for the most part he’s had a good season.

Stam gets a basic deal with bonuses for playing; if he doesn’t accept then its thanks Stefan & bye – we could get just as good elsewhere.

As you say, we need to be cuter in the loan market than we have been recently. 2 or 3 season long loans for players would help with squad depth & if we’re better at bringing certain types of players in; should help with player quality too. None of this 1 month deals; that just doesn’t bring the continuity that you need; if you’re going into the loan market it has to be for a minimum 6 months; but hopefully for the season IMO.

I too don’t see the DJ-bumming that goes on here sometimes; he’s no great shakes for me; he’s neither a LB nor a LW – once again there is better out there if you look for it.

Think we need a new CB, LB, a new CM & a new RW with 2 new ST’s.

COG gets into the squad & actually plays next season for me as I rate him at this level. If we can find a position for Lee then he’d get games for me next season; maybe in the hole at the top of a midfield diamond? He doesn’t look like an outright CM to me; so maybe in a free role higher up the pitch we’d see him shine?

Stephens; I don’t know – he’s looked ok in the few games I’ve watched him in; but then fades 2nd half. If fitness is sorted out with him; he could be option to mix things up in the midfield?

The 1st year pro’s might have to feature, Ollerenshaw as the back-up keeper to Fleming; as I think Norm is off & Brooke might get a few bench appearances if we’re struggling for ST’s.

Of the 6 new players I think we need; I’m not sure who we should go for; as I have no idea how big or small the budget will be, but I’d be happy with a couple of these:

• George Elockobi – CB – Wolves – season loan (going upto the Prem will see him further down the pecking order at Wolves)

• Darcy Blake – CB – Cardiff – season loan (Eardleys Welsh U-21 team mate, loan deal to get 1st team games)

• Stuart Giddings – Coventry – LB – free transfer (did well for us when here, pick up on a free, good defender & the needed LB)

• Nicky Law – CM – Sheff Utd – season loan (Loan deal this season to Bradford in L2; not ready for the Sheff Utd 1st team just ye; especially if they go up – would be the ball playing CM we need IMO)

• Robbie Garrett – Glentoran – CM – buy for small fee (a younger Allott / Maher type; but with a bit of quality on the ball too)

• Tom Saunders – RW – Dag & Redbridge – buy for a fee (4 gaols in his last 4 games have been screamer too, tricky winger who wouldn’t break the bank)

• Rhys Murphy – ST – Arsenal – season loan (up & coming striker; 1st team experience needed for his development; don’t ask don’t get?)

• Richard Mooney – ST – Reading – season loan (on loan at Norwich so maybe Championship level already & might not want to drop to L1, but big lad who has scored a few too)

Some good suggestions there, but skint or not given the dramatic effect our over reliance on loanees has had on our season, I'd prefer to use the loan market more sparingly next season.

GK FLEMING

RB EARDLEY

LB JONES (IF WE CAN GET ON THE CHEAP, IF NOT GIVE BLACK/LOMAX A RUN)

CB HAZELL (WITH CONFIDENCE, AS IT IS SHOT AT THE MOMENT)

CB BIG QUICK DEFENDER (IN THE TROTMAN MOULD)

CM ALLOTT

CM WESTLAKE (OR SIMILAR)

CM WHITTAKER / ALLESSANDRA / LEE / STEPHENS

ST SMALLEY

ST TAYLOR

ST O GRADY / BIG STRIKER WHO CAN SCORE (IN THE KUQI MOULD)

Subs

ollenshaw (why sign him as a pro if he isn't good enough to sit on the bench)

lomax (can cover several positions)

hazell (can cover several positions and if the budget allows would prefer two new centre backs)

one of the attacking mids as above

o grady (as hopefully will sign a number 1 striker)

i would give the full backs as much chance to go forward and therefore would need pace at the back and a combatitive midfield. I would look for the front three to all get 10+ goals in the season, with the attacking midfielder also getting similar and the rest about 5 each. Giving about 70 goals.

therefore we need to sign a big quick centre back, a big target man striker who will get on the crosses from eardley/jones and a combative midfielder.

I think a squad of 22 is ideal, with injuries and suspensions being covered by loan market signings when necessary. We already have 16 of those signed up with allott offered a deal, so we would be looking at signing a further 5 players on top of what we have.