New CB

New LB

Lee

Allott

New CM

Taylor

New CF

New CF

With people like Whitaker, Stam, Alessandra, Smalley, O' Grady and Lomax as back up

We need a strong pacey centre back to play with Reuban. A left footed Left back who can go forward but is good defensively aswell, maybe Jones but if not someone similar.

A new creative CM with same kind of play as Wellens. A big tall target man who can chip in with a few goals as well. A pacey CF who will bang the goals in for us.

Get rid of Gregan, Maher, Wolfenden, Kalala and a few other dead wood who isnt needed anymore.

supple

Eardley

Hazell

New CB

New LB

Lee

westlake

New CM

Taylor

New CF

New CF

With people like Whitaker, Stam,flemming,allott, Alessandra, Smalley, O' Grady and Lomax as back up

We need a strong pacey centre back to play with Reuban. A left footed Left back who can go forward but is good defensively aswell, maybe Jones but if not someone similar.

A new creative CM with same kind of play as Wellens. A big tall target man who can chip in with a few goals as well. A pacey CF who will bang the goals in for us.

Get rid of Gregan, Maher, Wolfenden, Kalala and a few other dead wood who isnt needed anymore.

Get rid of Gregan?

What team do you actually watch? One of maybe two or three (at an absolute push) who've come out of this disastrous season with any credit.

Reuben!?!? Watched him closely yesterday and what a disgrace to a contract he was.

E4e

CLOWN

Fleming

Eardley

Hazell

New CB

New LB

Lee

Allott

New CM

Taylor

New CF

New CF

With people like Whitaker, Stam, Alessandra, Smalley, O' Grady and Lomax as back up

Your being very generous to our midfield Allot for me is lucky to be offered a new contract not the player he was last season and Lee like Allessandra and Smalley is still only a player of potential a good player one day he maybe but not one who should be a first team regular just yet

Fleming/new kepeer

Eardley

Gregan

Hazell/ new CB

New LB

New RW

Allott

New Attacking midfielder

Taylor

2 new strikers

Subs

Fleming/new keeper, 3rd new striker, Allessandra, Westlake, Hazell/new CB

Most important for me is to sign 3 proper forwards, maybe 2 permanent one on a season long loan. These plus Allessandra as back up will see us up there. Dare I say it, 2 decent strikers at the top of that team would have won us the game yesterday. The midfield would have looked a lot better with something decent in front of them to get the ball to.

Get rid of Gregan?

What team do you actually watch? One of maybe two or three (at an absolute push) who've come out of this disastrous season with any credit.

Reuben!?!? Watched him closely yesterday and what a disgrace to a contract he was.

E4e

CLOWN

Gregan has cost us so many goals this season and is becoming a liability, captain? ha dont make me laugh, id rather have flippin' Fleming as captain than Gregan hes that useless!

Reuban on his day is a very very good defender, yes he may be making mistakes recently but last season and early this season has proved he deserved his contract.

Allott deserved his contract because recently he is the only player who atually has put effort in! and he plays because he cares about the club unlike some.

Forgot to mention PLEASE DONT SIGN WESTLAKE because he has done nothing for me to warrant a contract.

Gregan has cost us so many goals this season and is becoming a liability, captain? ha dont make me laugh, id rather have flippin' Fleming as captain than Gregan hes that useless!

Reuban on his day is a very very good defender, yes he may be making mistakes recently but last season and early this season has proved he deserved his contract.

Allott deserved his contract because recently he is the only player who atually has put effort in! and he plays because he cares about the club unlike some.

Forgot to mention PLEASE DONT SIGN WESTLAKE because he has done nothing for me to warrant a contract.

Give over. Gregan has his shortcomings but they are fewer than almost anyone else in this team.

A lot will depend on budget but, if we can bring in a decent standard of player for next season, the only ones of the current crop that should get near the first team are Gregan, Taylor, Allott and Eardley (although, if a decent offer came in I'd let him go in a shot).

Edit: Lee too, by most accounts. The only times I've seen him, he's look utterly unfit and off the pace.

Im gonna be controvertial here

GK Fleming

DR Eardley (credit where its due he has improved alot as of late)

DC New

DC New

DL New

MR New (who can cross)

MC Allott

MC Lee

ML New (who can cross)

FC Taylor

FC New

Keep as backup norm (makes sense if we are going to have a small budget), whittaker, stephens, plus the new trainees

I know this more than likely wont happen and we wont have the money for such an overhaul, but this years team has waved the white flag one too many times for my liking, and I think the core needs ripping out

The rest can go for all I care

Edited by Lookers_Carl

If we get a new manager who knows who will stay or go. If Joe stays I think that nearly every player is expendable. The players we have are either not good enough or could be sold to raise cash for Joe to wheel & deal with possibly a couple of exceptions (Allott and Hazell spring to mind).

There'll be big changes this summer, it's impossible to say who is coming in and frankly I don't really care who is playing for us as long as they care and do a job.

For my money Gregan has to go, both for the fact that I think he's fading as a player (although would still probably get a game), he's probably on a fair amount of money and finally I don't like the rumours that surround him - he's allegedly had a hand in the departure of Davies, bullied Taylor and along with Hughes is one of the senior guys whi I think let Sheridan down.

Get rid of him and some of the other dead wood, and the team that remains should be;

Fleming

Eardley Hazell Stam Black

Smalley Allott Lee Taylor

Alessandra O'Grady

Subs: Crossley (hopefully as a player/coach), Stephens, Whitaker, Lomax and any youth players we have who we think are good enough.

Starting from that base, I think we need a centre-forward and a centre-half, and I think we could do a lot worse than looking at Graham from Carlisle and Trotman on loan until January. With a big, strong CF we'd need to play with width, and look to Taylor and Smalley to get balls into the box.

Whether that team is going to be good enough is a matter for debate, but you have to be realistic. We have been hugely spoilt by having guys of the quality of Wellens and Kilkenny, and if our budget is short then we aren't going to get them again - unless we look to use the loan market. Given the budget we have to use what we have to maximum effect, and I'd say that the two signings above would give us that. Plus you have versatile guys like Taylor, O'Grady, Lee and Smalley who can be used to cover other postions.

We need to be smarter with loans this season too. Maybe look to get a left-back in until January, depending on how good the training staff see Black as being... If we have slim resources then we cannot afford not to give our youngsters a chance, and that is what I want to see next season.

Edited by De_La_Vega

For my money Gregan has to go, both for the fact that I think he's fading as a player (although would still probably get a game), he's probably on a fair amount of money and finally I don't like the rumours that surround him - he's allegedly had a hand in the departure of Davies, bullied Taylor and along with Hughes is one of the senior guys whi I think let Sheridan down.

Get rid of him and some of the other dead wood, and the team that remains should be;

Fleming

Alessandra O'Grady

Subs: Crossley (hopefully as a player/coach), Stephens, Whitaker, Lomax and any youth players we have who we think are good enough.

Starting from that base, I think we need a centre-forward and a centre-half, and I think we could do a lot worse than looking at Graham from Carlisle and Trotman on loan until January. With a big, strong CF we'd need to play with width, and look to Taylor and Smalley to get balls into the box.

Whether that team is going to be good enough is a matter for debate, but you have to be realistic. We have been hugely spoilt by having guys of the quality of Wellens and Kilkenny, and if our budget is short then we aren't going to get them again - unless we look to use the loan market. Given the budget we have to use what we have to maximum effect, and I'd say that the two signings above would give us that. Plus you have versatile guys like Taylor, O'Grady, Lee and Smalley who can be used to cover other postions.

We need to be smarter with loans this season too. Maybe look to get a left-back in until January, depending on how good the training staff see Black as being... If we have slim resources then we cannot afford not to give our youngsters a chance, and that is what I want to see next season.

That team would be propping up league 1 by a considerable margin

Fleming

Alessandra O'Grady

I don't think that midfield would win many tackles.

Propping up League 1? Hmmm, I think you over-estimate the ability of the average team in this division...

The fact of our situation is that Eardley, Fleming, Taylor, Lee and Smalley are talented youngsters who we need to build around. That back 3 mirrors very closely the one that did so well the season before last, and the midfield has a fair bit going for it - our problem would be goals. Hence you bring in a striker.

As the Meerkat says, "simples".

Stop being so negative; the awful performances of a team low on confidence and morale are not always the best indication of the talent within a side.

Propping up League 1? Hmmm, I think you over-estimate the ability of the average team in this division...

The fact of our situation is that Eardley, Fleming, Taylor, Lee and Smalley are talented youngsters who we need to build around. That back 3 mirrors very closely the one that did so well the season before last, and the midfield has a fair bit going for it - our problem would be goals. Hence you bring in a striker.

As the Meerkat says, "simples".

Stop being so negative; the awful performances of a team low on confidence and morale are not always the best indication of the talent within a side.

Are we going to have a decent budget? Are we going to have Joe in charge? These are the answers we don't have.

So in the scenario that they don't throw money at the team, we may as well cut costs to one that the club can pay for. In that case, like LDV says, this team will do a job of keeping in the division. No more, but hell, paying players through the nose hasn't done that either.

Personally I'd off Stam and stick with Gregan...

Fleming

Eardley Hazell Gregan Lomax

Alessandra O'Grady

Subs: Crossley (hopefully as a player/coach if not some kid), Stephens, Whitaker, Black etc.

As for the midfield. I reckon it would do okay. One midfield battler who struggles with his forward game. Three young players. Doesn't sound like the type that will be continuously outdone. If it is struggling, then play with one forward and add a midfielder, or other such tictacs.

Kieran Lee - what am I missing?

how much training and how many games does he need to play for "he's unfit" & "he's lacking match practice" to get replaced with "he's :censored:"?

as ever, I hope he proves me wrong at some point but I've seen nothing to warrant the adulation he gets on here.

Edited by dfOAFC

Fleming

Alessandra O'Grady

At least it will be exciting...fighting relegation.

E4e

LGUE2

Kieran Lee - what am I missing?

how much training and how many games does he need to play for "he's unfit" & "he's lacking match practice" to get replaced with "he's :censored:"?

as ever, I hope he proves me wrong at some point but I've seen nothing to warrant the adulation he gets on here.

The fact he's not Danny Whittaker?

gk supple/fleming

new back 4 (like to see jones stay)

taylor plus 3 new

new front line

simple we are not a good team,stats show this at both ends

bench possibly eardley,smalley,allessandra,maybe gregan plus whoever

this wont happen but for me,joe or a.n.other could get rid of most of our team and i wouldnt be bothered after this season

Id go for:

New keeper (personally dont rate fleming)

Eardley

Hazell

New Centre Back

Jones (if we can get him, or new left back

Lee

Allott

New Central Midfielder (ala Wellens)

Taylor

New striker

New striker

Get shot of Gregan (too expensive and over rated) Maher, Whittaker, Kalala (average at best) Wolfy, Lomax (never moved on fom young players with potential)

have stam, Stephans, black etc as back up.

With Hughes, Liddell and Possibly gregan and Crossley not on the pitch next year, we are likely to have a very young team, with the likes of Allott and Hazell as our experienced pro's. Therefore i think our new signings at centre back and 1 of the strikers have to be experienced heads. i dont like signing players 32+ personally, by experienced i mean 28 +

Fleming

Eardley

Hazell

New CB

New LB

Lee

Allott

New CM

Taylor

New CF

New CF

gregans been our most consistant player all season.

GK Fleming / ?

RB ?

CB ?

CB ?

LB?

RM Taylor

CM Lee

CM Westlake

LM ?

ST ?

ST ?

position cover:

GK: fleming/?

DEF: eardley, gregan, black,

MID: smalley, allott, stephens, ?

ST: alessandra, ?

youth: ollerenshaw, brooke, etc.

squad of 20 what you would call decentish players with the starting 11 having the main key people playing with people like stephens as coer is ok.

out: crossley, hazell (moved on), jones, maher, kalala, whitaker, wolfenden, liddell, hughes, o'grady

Edited by shefflatic