Ernie Cooksey Memorial Day

From 2pm This Sunday at the Rifle Range,

Latic fans are holding a day to remember

The late great

Ernie Cooksey

The day is all about continuing the great work all latic fans have done so far for Link4 Pink also remembering its almost a year since we lost a player, a friend an idol to a dreadful disease!

At the event will be Latic Players past and present

Joe Royle

A question and answer session with Simon Corney

Raffles

Auctions

Bouncy Castles

Face paints for kids and adults a like :wink:

BBQ

karaoke with sinbad .... plue more on the day

So if your free and having nothing to do, make your way to the Rifle Range from 2pm and enjoy the days activities

From 2pm This Sunday at the Rifle Range,

Latic fans are holding a day to remember

The late great

Ernie Cooksey

The day is all about continuing the great work all latic fans have done so far for Link4 Pink also remembering its almost a year since we lost a player, a friend an idol to a dreadful disease!

At the event will be Latic Players past and present

Joe Royle

A question and answer session with Simon Corney

Raffles

Auctions

Bouncy Castles

Face paints for kids and adults a like :wink:

BBQ

karaoke with sinbad .... plue more on the day

So if your free and having nothing to do, make your way to the Rifle Range from 2pm and enjoy the days activities

Don't want to rain on the parade Rick, but went to fthe fundraiser last year for ernie and whilst it was a good event and very worthwhile cause quite a few only stayed for a short time, the Rifle Range is too small to hold such an event and unfortunately puts me off right away. It's a shame 'cos I would have been up for that.

*having said that the weather was shocking, so hopefully it may ease the congestion a little if the sun makes an appearance.

Don't want to rain on the parade Rick, but went to fthe fundraiser last year for ernie and whilst it was a good event and very worthwhile cause quite a few only stayed for a short time, the Rifle Range is too small to hold such an event and unfortunately puts me off right away. It's a shame 'cos I would have been up for that.

*having said that the weather was shocking, so hopefully it may ease the congestion a little if the sun makes an appearance.

Thats it Paul you spin doctor you :lol:

The event is not just in the Rifle Range I'm told :wink:

Ive booked some Sun for Sunday so it should be good weather :grin:

The OS is promoting this event: http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1643689,00.html

and the rarely wrong Chron mentions it, saying:

Proceeds from Sunday’s event at the Rifle Range Inn, Chadderton, which kicks-off at 3pm — will go to the Christie Hospital. There will be a question and answer session with Simon Corney, raffles, auctions, a barbecue and a bouncy castle.

What an absolute quality day.

The discussion in our house went along these lines....

Me : Should we go to the rifle range for a couple?

Wife : Why?

Me : Because its the Ernie benefit day and it will be good.

Wife : Sounds ok, who's driving?

Me : I will drive there and have just one then drive home.

Wife : Ok, lets go there then.

Now i need to point out that we got there about 3:15pm, had a fantastic day and fell through our front door about midnight. My lad loved it as he was on the pool table most of the night, then i made a complete arse of myself on Karaoke (no change there then) and even woke up the next day to find out i had bought a stereo system in the auction which i deffinately didnt need but hey ho, its all for a good cause.

The paracetomol even made an appearance yesterday morning as i was so rough.

Good turn out by the ex players as well. Stitch, Johnny Eyre, John Hallworth, Dux, Tony P. (sorry if ive missed any) and even Ernies wife turned up which i thought was the perfect touch for a great day.

Well done to the organisers.

What an absolute quality day.

The discussion in our house went along these lines....

Me : Should we go to the rifle range for a couple?

Wife : Why?

Me : Because its the Ernie benefit day and it will be good.

Wife : Sounds ok, who's driving?

Me : I will drive there and have just one then drive home.

Wife : Ok, lets go there then.

Now i need to point out that we got there about 3:15pm, had a fantastic day and fell through our front door about midnight. My lad loved it as he was on the pool table most of the night, then i made a complete arse of myself on Karaoke (no change there then) and even woke up the next day to find out i had bought a stereo system in the auction which i deffinately didnt need but hey ho, its all for a good cause.

The paracetomol even made an appearance yesterday morning as i was so rough.

Good turn out by the ex players as well. Stitch, Johnny Eyre, John Hallworth, Dux, Tony P. (sorry if ive missed any) and even Ernies wife turned up which i thought was the perfect touch for a great day.

Well done to the organisers.

Anything interesting come out of the Simon Corney Q&A?