Behind every Rainbow

There is a massive black cloud!!!!!!! - With our supporters!

I cant believe the initial response from a lage amount of our suporters RE Dave Penney, I have had a numbere of arguments already, who the hell do some of our fans think we are?? what gives them the right to slate a guy who hasnt even managed the team yet? These are the same people who have droned on about how good Shez is!!!!! Dave Penney has done more in football management than Shez ever will............ Lets give him the 3 years grace that Shez has had please...... If you dont know ur football, shut your mouth - simple!

I am amazed at the amount of rubbish spouted on here, and the names which have been plucked out of the sky!!!! We are small club with a hardcore support of around 3500 fans, not a Championship club with over 10,000 gates. Too many fans are living in cookoo land and this is why the club and the players are failing.

Dave Penney is a well respected manager with a proven record of managing smaller clubs, with lower budgets - and has promotions on his CV, I am sure Darlo would be in league one too if they hadnt been docked points!!!

GET REAL and GET BEHIND THE NEW REGIME!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe the initial response from a lage amount of our suporters RE Dave Penney, I have had a numbere of arguments already, who the hell do some of our fans think we are?? what gives them the right to slate a guy who hasnt even managed the team yet? These are the same people who have droned on about how good Shez is!!!!! Dave Penney has done more in football management than Shez ever will............ Lets give him the 3 years grace that Shez has had please...... If you dont know ur football, shut your mouth - simple!

I am amazed at the amount of rubbish spouted on here, and the names which have been plucked out of the sky!!!! We are small club with a hardcore support of around 3500 fans, not a Championship club with over 10,000 gates. Too many fans are living in cookoo land and this is why the club and the players are failing.

Dave Penney is a well respected manager with a proven record of managing smaller clubs, with lower budgets - and has promotions on his CV, I am sure Darlo would be in league one too if they hadnt been docked points!!!

KEEP THE FAITH

Dont let it get to you. Some people will never be happy and there is no point getting stressed about it :grin:

KEEP THE FAITH

you are right, I admit I dont see him as an ideal choice, but we have to be realistic about who we are and what we can expect, I think the problem with our fans is that as a club we dont know what we are and maybe the case with some supporters is that they will have over inflated expectations, we shall see what happens from what I've been told he's no different to the last 3 managers but the fact is he's only been in charge a matter of minutes and not one of us knows what is going to happen or where we're going to be within a years time

Edited by Tommy_Fent

KEEP THE FAITH

Calm down, dear. Stop having a conniption; you'll do yourself a mischief.

Well said Eddie..I have posted elsewhere my grandads reaction Dave Penny Dalington Bloody Hell...as if expecting Mourinho...

Just give the bloke some backing and lets see. At least no old boys crap, someone to prove himself.

The thing is, these same people are the same fans who think our "so called younger players" are worldbeaters. Well lets see whats in Joes dossier to Penney, I will put money that now Shez has gone (who has probable been blowing smoke up some of the younget lads arses for the last 8 years) Joe Royle and Dave Penney dont see the same quality Shez has been seeing.... Unless they get a spine and some balls over the summer!

BUT IT WILL ALL BE PENNEYS FAULT LOL!!!!

i think people are showing their dissapointment because the managers they wanted were not in the frame

Thats how thick they are, they would rather have Andy Ritchie!!!! or a Un proven name - Than someone who has actually built a hardworking, disciplined sides that win promotion and get in play offs LOL!!!!! The mind boggles. The Oldham Chron doesnt help, because these clowns set the benchmark for the muppets parade!

Thats how thick they are, they would rather have Andy Ritchie!!!! or a Un proven name - Than someone who has actually built a hardworking, disciplined sides that win promotion and get in play offs LOL!!!!! The mind boggles. The Oldham Chron doesnt help, because these clowns set the benchmark for the muppets parade!

yeah but they still have an opinion....not everyone in the world is gonna agree that dave penney should be oafc manager

yeah but they still have an opinion....not everyone in the world is gonna agree that dave penney should be oafc manager

Certainly not people (as stated in the initial rant) that believe that Sheridan shouldn't have been sacked in the first place. They may be a bit harder to win around on this one.

They arnt TTA, who must be sick to death of ploughing there own cash in, then to be critisized for making any decision that doesnt involve a previous manager or player!! Some of our fans are never happy!!! I dont understand why they bother coming. Its ok having an opinion, but come on!!!!

It will be a very interesting few months !!!

DAVE PENNEYS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!

KEEP THE FAITH

Overreaction of the year :)

I think you need to understand that while many people where exactly jumping for joy at the new appointment that dose not mean for a second we wont be getting behind him and giving him our support.

It winds me up that sometimes you have to be seen to be a super fan on here.... Dave Penney dosent exactly get me excited and I would of gone for someone else but now he is here he has more full support and backing.

People like you need to get off your white horse... No doubt you was over the moon when Brain, Ronnie and Shez where appointed and where also the first to call for their heads. Just guessing like...

Certainly not people (as stated in the initial rant) that believe that Sheridan shouldn't have been sacked in the first place. They may be a bit harder to win around on this one.

Why?

Sheirdan's leaving is not relevant to Penney's appointment. I thought shez should have been given to the end of the season, but once JR was in place, he had my backing. There's no point trying to turn back the clock, you just have to accept that things have happened and have to move forward.

They arnt TTA, who must be sick to death of ploughing there own cash in, then to be critisized for making any decision that doesnt involve a previous manager or player!! Some of our fans are never happy!!! I dont understand why they bother coming. Its ok having an opinion, but come on!!!!

It will be a very interesting few months !!!

DAVE PENNEYS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!

If the TTA are sick and death of ploughing money in then they can f**k off.... They have appointed three crap managers...is it really that surprising that people are not prepared to declare this a fantastic appointment...

Sick and tired of people :censored:ting it over if we hurt their poor feelings....its business and they are here to make money out of us...dont shed to many tears for them...that dosent mean I am not thankful for what they did five years ago...

Edited by oafc0000

Overreaction of the year :)

I think you need to understand that while many people where exactly jumping for joy at the new appointment that dose not mean for a second we wont be getting behind him and giving him our support.

It winds me up that sometimes you have to be seen to be a super fan on here.... Dave Penney dosent exactly get me excited and I would of gone for someone else but now he is here he has more full support and backing.

People like you need to get off your white horse... No doubt you was over the moon when Brain, Ronnie and Shez where appointed and where also the first to call for their heads. Just guessing like...

Im on no white horse fella, just not really heard anything positive. the pointless POLL speaks volumes. The club needs a reality check, and I get a feeling we are going to see many changes. Just out of interest who did u want???????????

If the TTA are sick and death of ploughing money in then they can f**k off.... They have appointed three crap managers...is it really that surprising that people are not prepared to declare this a fantastic appointment...

Sick and tired of people :censored:ting it over if we hurt their poor feelings....its business and they are here to make money out of us...dont shed to many tears for them...that dosent mean I am not thankful for what they did five years ago...

What a clown u are!!! They can f*ck off!!! Who do u think will be at the door to take over! Get a grip, ur talking utter nonsense

Im on no white horse fella, just not really heard anything positive. the pointless POLL speaks volumes. The club needs a reality check, and I get a feeling we are going to see many changes. Just out of interest who did u want???????????

If you haven't heard anything positive then you haven't read much... Just as many people happy as unhappy... People just giving their initial reactions... Heard very few people slate him...

Think you need to chill out mate....

And who I wanted is now totally irrelevant...

Why?

Sheirdan's leaving is not relevant to Penney's appointment. I thought shez should have been given to the end of the season, but once JR was in place, he had my backing. There's no point trying to turn back the clock, you just have to accept that things have happened and have to move forward.

Just guessing, but if you off someone that they liked and then replace him with someone they don't even know, then maybe they won't be doing cartwheels down the High Street.

What a clown u are!!! They can f*ck off!!! Who do u think will be at the door to take over! Get a grip, ur talking utter nonsense

I think your the clown mate...

One thing I learn when Chris Moores was here is that owners need to be watched and need to be challenged...

BUT because of Chris Moores and what happened people are very scared of questioning anything TTA do... Constantly I read "shut up or they might leave" comments... So they cant be questioned ?? Come on, you tell me... Should we not question what they do ?

That sort of thinking leads to another Chris Moores situation....

Not saying TTA are anything like Chris Moores, but they should be open to critisim and question...

If you haven't heard anything positive then you haven't read much... Just as many people happy as unhappy... People just giving their initial reactions... Heard very few people slate him...

Think you need to chill out mate....

And who I wanted is now totally irrelevant...

I have heard loads of people moaning!!! Followed by who is he anyway - same old latics fans, usually the ones who dont even go or choose the odd game. Why is the question about ur choice irrelevant?

I think your the clown mate...

One thing I learn when Chris Moores was here is that owners need to be watched and need to be challenged...

BUT because of Chris Moores and what happened people are very scared of questioning anything TTA do... Constantly I read "shut up or they might leave" comments... So they cant be questioned ?? Come on, you tell me... Should we not question what they do ?

That sort of thinking leads to another Chris Moores situation....

Not saying TTA are anything like Chris Moores, but they should be open to critisim and question...

Have they not supported every manager they have put in charge????? I dont understand your point Mr OAFC, What do you want to challenge them about??? What have they done so wrong for u to have an issue?????/

I have heard loads of people moaning!!! Followed by who is he anyway - same old latics fans, usually the ones who dont even go or choose the odd game. Why is the question about ur choice irrelevant?

"usally the ones who dont even go"

You know, your really know very little I feel... How old are you out of interest ?

And its irrelevant because DP is our now manager plus I have already stated it on other threads and had conversations regarding it...

Have they not supported every manager they have put in charge????? I dont understand your point Mr OAFC, What do you want to challenge them about??? What have they done so wrong for u to have an issue?????/

???

OMG!

TTA have done loads of cock ups. All of which have been talked to death on here. They have also done some great things.

We are talking about why people are moaning and are questioning DP's appointment... Well he has been put in charge by the same masterminds who put Talbot, Moore and Sheridan in charge. So try and put two and two together... TTA track record on appointment managers has been woeful... Is it wrong to hold that opinion in case I make TTA cry ? Get real...

Edited by oafc0000

"usally the ones who dont even go"

You know, your really know very little I feel... How old are you out of interest ?

And its irrelevant because DP is our now manager plus I have already stated it on other threads and had conversations regarding it...

I didnt say u dont go, read boy!!! Whats my age got do with anything??????

???

OMG!

TTA have done loads of cock ups. All of which have been talked to death on here. They have also done some great things.

We are talking about why people are moaning and are questioning DP's appointment... Well he has been put in charge by the same masterminds who put Talbot, Moore and Sheridan in charge. So try and put two and two together... TTA track record on appointment managers has been woeful... Is it wrong to hold that opinion in case I make TTA cry ? Get real...

So you think all the managers were at fault??? And TTA are at fault for hiring them, because their cristal ball wasnt working that day? Please!