Behind every Rainbow

It is fair enough to point out that if you don't want to plough your own money into a football club, you don't buy one. Luckily, TTA don't seem to mind.

I'm another who gets fed-up with all the bleating about how fed up TTA must be from the lambs of Sheefoot Lane. We're all fed up.

Speak for yourself, I'm not !!! Don't assume everyone is as doom and gloom as your are corp. Please make sure you don't include me in your constant negative sentiments.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself, I'm not !!! Don't assume everyone is as doom and gloom as your are corp. Please make sure you don't include me in your constant negative sentiments.

You are-you just won't admit it.

Or perhaps there really are people out there who love being associated with endless failure.

All together now, 'We're just glad we've still got a club to watch...'

(Where's that mint sauce gone?)

You are-you just won't admit it.

Or perhaps there really are people out there who love being associated with endless failure.

All together now, 'We're just glad we've still got a club to watch...'

(Where's that mint sauce gone?)

Complete opposite views ..... the day I ever agree with you then I;ll be getting my coat. Never ever seen Latics as a failure.

If the TTA are sick and death of ploughing money in then they can f**k off.... They have appointed three crap managers...is it really that surprising that people are not prepared to declare this a fantastic appointment...

Sick and tired of people :censored:ting it over if we hurt their poor feelings....its business and they are here to make money out of us...dont shed to many tears for them...that dosent mean I am not thankful for what they did five years ago...

Lets hope this does not hurt your poor feelings but your attitude stinks and is just the thing to help our our club along to total extinction. I certainly would not shed tears if you were to dissappear from this board after your brainless comments and throwing a mardy because didums didn't get the manager he wanted.

Lets hope this does not hurt your poor feelings but your attitude stinks and is just the thing to help our our club along to total extinction. I certainly would not shed tears if you were to dissappear from this board after your brainless comments and throwing a mardy because didums didn't get the manager he wanted.

His points have been fair, and I'm sure he only expressed them like that in the face of the slightly frustrating ravings of another poster. I'm sure that TTA would be prepared to admit that they've made mistakes on the football side: too many managers in such a short space of time and too large a turnover of players has hardly done anything to aid the kind stability and sense of belonging amongst players and management that is indispensible to achievement on the pitch. They are, too, on record as saying that they bought the club mainly because of the potential of the surrounding land, and hope to use it to both make money for themselves and rebuild the club's infrastructure.

They are hard-headed businessmen and will not base their decisions on emotional outbursts on internet message boards, whether these express pro-TTA sentiments or not.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

There is a massive black cloud!!!!!!! - With our supporters!

I cant believe the initial response from a lage amount of our suporters RE Dave Penney, I have had a numbere of arguments already, who the hell do some of our fans think we are?? what gives them the right to slate a guy who hasnt even managed the team yet? These are the same people who have droned on about how good Shez is!!!!! Dave Penney has done more in football management than Shez ever will............ Lets give him the 3 years grace that Shez has had please...... If you dont know ur football, shut your mouth - simple!

I am amazed at the amount of rubbish spouted on here, and the names which have been plucked out of the sky!!!! We are small club with a hardcore support of around 3500 fans, not a Championship club with over 10,000 gates. Too many fans are living in cookoo land and this is why the club and the players are failing.

Dave Penney is a well respected manager with a proven record of managing smaller clubs, with lower budgets - and has promotions on his CV, I am sure Darlo would be in league one too if they hadnt been docked points!!!

GET REAL and GET BEHIND THE NEW REGIME!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH

I agree with u 100% some fans are defo blind and cant see we are just a basic football team and from the interviews i have seen upto know he seems to say the right words looking good so far

His points have been fair, and I'm sure he only expressed them like that in the face of the slightly frustrating ravings of another poster. I'm sure that TTA would be prepared to admit that they've made mistakes on the football side: too many managers in such a short space of time and too large a turnover of players has hardly done anything to aid the kind stability and sense of belonging amongst players and management that is indispensible to achievement on the pitch. They are, too, on record as saying that they bought the club mainly because of the potential of the surrounding land, and hope to use it to both make money for themselves and rebuild the club's infrastructure.

They are hard-headed businessmen and will not base their decisions on emotional outbursts on internet message boards, whether these express pro-TTA sentiments or not.

I honestly don't know why people try and kid themselves it is something else.

What I will add, is that TTA seem honest blokes who won't screw us. But the reasons why they are here they have openly admitted.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I know this is an old post and, as you can see I'm hardly a regular poster, but this post has really riled me. I remember 2005 in the Rochdale Road End when 1,500 (including me) demanded Hardy and Corney sign Moore up as manager permanently, and a year later Sheridan was made manager mainly to appease the fans as there were concerns about season ticket sales if Moore had stayed on. So maybe TTA have learnt something, which is to ignore us 'experts' calling for Gannon or Ritchie and appoint someone for football reasons alone.

I must admit I know very little about Penney, but the more I read and hear, the more I like the sound of him in terms of what he says and what he has done.

Let's give him a few games at least...

An excellent post that's sadly gone unnoticed it seems! Can't applaud this enough...

I sincerely hope they have chosen to ignore the "experts"...the only proper experienced manager (who got a team out of L1) we had in the last 3yrs is the one that's gone down as one of the worst in our history supposedly! I just hope if Penney is the next Ronnie (ala in the 09/10 season builds in the 1st year, moves us up the table, unpretty at times but getting results) that TTA can be strong enough to see it through even if there's 2,500 of us turning up at the start of our 2010/11 league winning season :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

omg...

Another lamb...

The club is greater and more important than TTA feeligns...

At least someone else is awake...

Edited by oafc0000

Just reading a few more posts in this thread, particularly on the subject of TTA, their motives, their feelings etc.

I don't think it's easy for many of us fans, ordinary folk with ordinary lives and ordinary jobs/studies, to really understand what makes TTA tick.

They are highly self-motivated, successful businessmen. And they are football fans. These two facts are equally important.

Quite early on in their first season in charge, I was lucky enough to have a conversation with Simon Corney on the train home from an away match. The Simon you see in video interviews is exactly as he is one to one - he is a highly intelligent, passionate person. We spoke about the game much as you would with any other fan, his disappointment with the result as genuine as any of us. He gave us a bit of a grilling about how we saw things, clearly keen to understand the fans' view. He then told us as much as he could about TTA's intentions and their business plan for the club. And this was where his eyes burned brightest, the challenge of combining those two passions of football and business; implementing a business plan that would transform a run of the mill, ailing third division club requiring handouts to survive into a state of the art set up with varied 365 day income streams with the sole focus of funding the club, making the club financially self-sufficient enough to sustain and consolidate itself in the Championship. Their goal is to turn Oldham Athletic into a club that will make itself money, a club that can flourish on its own.

Perhaps more importantly, as far as TTA are concerned, Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd. is not an investment. Their combined business and football knowledge - even then - would have made it pretty clear that you do not make money out of investing in an ailing 3rd division football club. Even if and when the business model comes to fruition, I don't see any intention on the part of TTA for Oldham to make them money - as football fans, I honestly think they'd be more than happy to still be around, running the club, taking it further forward still without skimming a single penny, simply enjoying the fact their business plan worked and they're no longer dipping their hands in their own pockets to keep the club afloat.

Finally, when TTA took over they made no secret of the fact they'd never done this before and would be learning as they go. Yes I think they've made mistakes, but as all good businessmen do they have learned from them. It is up to us the fans to question them at every turn, but I also think it's up to us to believe in them and support them - they do and will listen, but it's my own personal view that they may have learned not to listen too much.

Leaving aside the issue of Dave Penney, about whom I'm cautiously happy, the main problem with this club isn't over-expectation, but a lack of ambition and, especially on the part of many fans, an abject loser mentality. It's because of this attitude that we squandered our best chance to grow as a club, nearly two decades ago.

If we don't expect success, we'll get failure. If we want to be mediocre, we'll be mediocre.

Having ambition amongst the fans is all very well and good but the fact is money is more important than anything we say on here, you dont know the clubs profit and loss account neither do I, fans can have high expectations but if the money isnt there to back the expectations up then there is nothing we can do, we all remember what happened last time the club were over-ambitious with the money

There is a massive black cloud!!!!!!! - With our supporters!

I cant believe the initial response from a lage amount of our suporters RE Dave Penney, I have had a numbere of arguments already, who the hell do some of our fans think we are?? what gives them the right to slate a guy who hasnt even managed the team yet? These are the same people who have droned on about how good Shez is!!!!! Dave Penney has done more in football management than Shez ever will............ Lets give him the 3 years grace that Shez has had please...... If you dont know ur football, shut your mouth - simple!

I am amazed at the amount of rubbish spouted on here, and the names which have been plucked out of the sky!!!! We are small club with a hardcore support of around 3500 fans, not a Championship club with over 10,000 gates. Too many fans are living in cookoo land and this is why the club and the players are failing.

Dave Penney is a well respected manager with a proven record of managing smaller clubs, with lower budgets - and has promotions on his CV, I am sure Darlo would be in league one too if they hadnt been docked points!!!

GET REAL and GET BEHIND THE NEW REGIME!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITHcouldn't of worded it any better,

If the TTA are sick and death of ploughing money in then they can f**k off.... They have appointed three crap managers...is it really that surprising that people are not prepared to declare this a fantastic appointment...

Sick and tired of people :censored:ting it over if we hurt their poor feelings....its business and they are here to make money out of us...dont shed to many tears for them...that dosent mean I am not thankful for what they did five years ago...

And you have the gall to retort with ''over-reaction of the year'' and ''this message board has sunk to new depths today''

What a :censored:e post you have just made there....

'Challenging' TTA is one thing, talking utter :censored:e is another, 'mate' :) :) :) :) :)