Top Posters In This Topic

come august there will be the chanting of

DAVE PENNYS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

by 3000 in the chaddy

at the other end there will be chants of

by 3000 rocky rd end

i can see it now

It would be refreshing to say the least - I love away games cos everyone is mainly on the same page!

So you think all the managers were at fault??? And TTA are at fault for hiring them, because their cristal ball wasnt working that day? Please!

Do I think the board have a responsibility to appoint the right people...yes...

Do I think the board have a responsibility to change the managed at the right time....yes....

Do I think the board have a responsibility to over see what the manager does and detect and sort out all the :censored: has allegedly gone on over the past 12 or more months...yes...

TTA have done tons of good...but they have done a lot of questionable stuff...

Can I ask you a question...do you think the TTA should be beyond question ? No on should say, hang on, I aint keen on that....

by 3000 in the chaddy

by 3000 rocky rd end

i can see it now

I'd suggest telling your eyes to lay off the Class As.

Do I think the board have a responsibility to appoint the right people...yes...

Do I think the board have a responsibility to change the managed at the right time....yes....

Do I think the board have a responsibility to over see what the manager does and detect and sort out all the :censored: has allegedly gone on over the past 12 or more months...yes...

TTA have done tons of good...but they have done a lot of questionable stuff...

Can I ask you a question...do you think the TTA should be beyond question ? No on should say, hang on, I aint keen on that....

All I am saying is I love our football club, and I would rather have TTA than anyone else. Nothing in business or football has a guarantee. You make decisions for the right reasons at the time. :censored: happens! Yes I agree Shez should have gone earlier, but Shez was the manager and results were ok, just, what would the reaction have beeb then.

I want a football club, and frankly I think we would strugle to have one if TTA went......

All I am saying is I love our football club, and I would rather have TTA than anyone else. Nothing in business or football has a guarantee. You make decisions for the right reasons at the time. :censored: happens! Yes I agree Shez should have gone earlier, but Shez was the manager and results were ok, just, what would the reaction have beeb then.

I want a football club, and frankly I think we would strugle to have one if TTA went......

I love our football club...

You didn't answer my question... Are the TTA above question ?

Sounds like it to me mate. Things could be so much worse

Well there is your problem...

Someone says I dislike the TTA choices for the managers job...

and you take it as...

I F**KING HATE TTA AND EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE AND I HOPE THEY ROT IN HELL....

I hope you see this now....

Can they do what they like? Wouldn't the trust have something to say about that?

The trust have like 3% of the vote... So basically the trust could shout all they wanted but have no real control...

But, we do have a ghost on the board who is rarely spotted or critical of the TTA and can apparently inform us if they do anything wrong or dodgy...

Edited by oafc0000

The trust have like 3% of the vote... So basically the trust could shout all they wanted but have no real control...

But, we do have a ghost on the board who is rarely spotted or critical of the TTA and can apparently inform us if they do anything wrong or dodgy...

The point I was trying to make is that we have a glass half full attitude amongst many of our supporters.

???

OMG!

TTA have done loads of cock ups. All of which have been talked to death on here. They have also done some great things.

We are talking about why people are moaning and are questioning DP's appointment... Well he has been put in charge by the same masterminds who put Talbot, Moore and Sheridan in charge. So try and put two and two together... TTA track record on appointment managers has been woeful... Is it wrong to hold that opinion in case I make TTA cry ? Get real...

I know this is an old post and, as you can see I'm hardly a regular poster, but this post has really riled me. I remember 2005 in the Rochdale Road End when 1,500 (including me) demanded Hardy and Corney sign Moore up as manager permanently, and a year later Sheridan was made manager mainly to appease the fans as there were concerns about season ticket sales if Moore had stayed on. So maybe TTA have learnt something, which is to ignore us 'experts' calling for Gannon or Ritchie and appoint someone for football reasons alone.

I must admit I know very little about Penney, but the more I read and hear, the more I like the sound of him in terms of what he says and what he has done.

Let's give him a few games at least...

Edited by simon222

you are right, I admit I dont see him as an ideal choice, but we have to be realistic about who we are and what we can expect, I think the problem with our fans is that as a club we dont know what we are and maybe the case with some supporters is that they will have over inflated expectations, we shall see what happens from what I've been told he's no different to the last 3 managers but the fact is he's only been in charge a matter of minutes and not one of us knows what is going to happen or where we're going to be within a years time

Leaving aside the issue of Dave Penney, about whom I'm cautiously happy, the main problem with this club isn't over-expectation, but a lack of ambition and, especially on the part of many fans, an abject loser mentality. It's because of this attitude that we squandered our best chance to grow as a club, nearly two decades ago.

If we don't expect success, we'll get failure. If we want to be mediocre, we'll be mediocre.

What a clown u are!!! They can f*ck off!!! Who do u think will be at the door to take over! Get a grip, ur talking utter nonsense

It is fair enough to point out that if you don't want to plough your own money into a football club, you don't buy one. Luckily, TTA don't seem to mind.

I'm another who gets fed-up with all the bleating about how fed up TTA must be from the lambs of Sheefoot Lane. We're all fed up.

by 3000 in the chaddy

by 3000 rocky rd end

i can see it now

I didn't know we had a pre-season friendly with Real Madrid lined up.