"I want fitness, hunger and desire..."

Echo the sentiments of all...

To be fair to Palmer1 though, it does depend on how you read his question as to whether it would make you need to "rise" to it. I read his question and thought of his question about Ernie, as a player that's left our club and well before he fell ill. He left and was held as a legend instantly (in my eyes too, for the reasons you've stated.) And Palmer1 drew the comparison there to why Ernie was and Warne wasn't a Legend at the time of leaving OAFC. And you could add in another Legend IMO, Tony Carss...again, the same in that the lack of talent was made up by the 110% effort, committment and desire.

That there, is what I felt Palmer1 was asking, rather than being him being insensitive. Just wanted to say that.

Good shout, I hope people don't take offence against Palmer 1. Looking at the broader picture I do get a little niggled by people being obsessed with "commitment & work rate" as though it's enough alone to get you through at this level, Warne was a good example. would you rather have him or Taylor who can drift in and out of games for a while? (prob not the best example I know) My concern is that we have a workhorse - Allott, and we need a lot of creativity around him next season, that's where our problems have stemmed from this season.

I hope we don't become a team of "water carriers" - I want a bit of flair for my money.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic