"I want fitness, hunger and desire..."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was umming and arghing about getting a season ticket but listening to the interview has made my mind up now. Hopefully another 4499 will have the same feeling and I'll get meself a £70 bonus!!

I dont know what to do........i (cant) attend weekday matches (home/ away) unless i drop lucky.......working out each home game on sats is equivalent to a season ticket(ish).......but the missus (underdog) is seeeking asylum.....in bp.........the question i put to you is do i buy a season ticket and give her the home week games or pay on the day????

I dont know what to do........i (cant) attend weekday matches (home/ away) unless i drop lucky.......working out each home game on sats is equivalent to a season ticket(ish).......but the missus (underdog) is seeeking asylum.....in bp.........the question i put to you is do i buy a season ticket and give her the home week games or pay on the day????

Buy 2 and get £140 off :)

Edited by laticsrblue

whys one of them a legend?

one left quietly..the other left with uproar from alot of fans

I can't think either are a legend, but they both left an imprint of what a player should be doing in an Oldham Athletic shirt.

I don't remember too much uproar for either leaving. We just didn't think* they were good enough skill-wise to take us forward.

*Although Warne must have been a close run thing.

Can't see your predicament I am afraid.

Pay on the day £20

Cost per match if up to 4,499 season tickets sold £13 and a bit

Cost per match if 4,500 or more season tickets sold £10 and a bit

Get a season ticket - you will thank yourself in the future when you can guarantee a ticket for the Play-Off Semi Finals before the wasters who decided not to get a season ticket :grin:

Also, I always get one, so that no matter what happens financially during the season I "might as well go darling, afterall, it is already paid for"

Go on. You know it makes sense.

Can't see your predicament I am afraid.

Pay on the day £20

Cost per match if up to 4,499 season tickets sold £13 and a bit

Cost per match if 4,500 or more season tickets sold £10 and a bit

Get a season ticket - you will thank yourself in the future when you can guarantee a ticket for the Play-Off Semi Finals before the wasters who decided not to get a season ticket :grin:

Also, I always get one, so that no matter what happens financially during the season I "might as well go darling, afterall, it is already paid for"

Go on. You know it makes sense.

Im getting your point there rick, my mind was nearly made up b4 i posted that........just to spread the ecstacy n heartbreak.....4kit i was going to go every weekend match so i may as well live in hope...

so why is ernie classed as a legend?

To question that is a tad naive don't you think.

I think you are very aware as to why Ernie is now classed as such.

If you are classing either as legends as players then that would and has been up to much debate, though I think Ernies classification as legendary is to the way he approached the game, coming in to it so late and the way he battled and and conducted himself through his last months.

a tragic loss of a young mans life.

Perhaps i had no need to answer your 'trolling' question - however I did and regardless as to your answer i'll leave it there.

Im getting your point there rick, my mind was nearly made up b4 i posted that........just to spread the ecstacy n heartbreak.....4kit i was going to go every weekend match so i may as well live in hope...

Excellent. That's tangerinedreams and me in.

4,498 to go

To question that is a tad naive don't you think.

I think you are very aware as to why Ernie is now classed as such.

If you are classing either as legends as players then that would and has been up to much debate, though I think Ernies classification as legendary is to the way he approached the game, coming in to it so late and the way he battled and and conducted himself through his last months.

a tragic loss of a young mans life.

Perhaps i had no need to answer your 'trolling' question - however I did and regardless as to your answer i'll leave it there.

i wasnt "trolling" briefs, i was simply asking the question ...i wanted peoples views to a question a few are afraid to answer.

you did and thankyou for that......it is tragic loss i know, i lost familly last year to it aswell.

is he a legend? as man to many maybe the way he dealt with everything put infront of him

as a oldham athletic player? im my view no..a good pro but that is all

may he r.i.p

i wasnt "trolling" briefs, i was simply asking the question ...i wanted peoples views to a question a few are afraid to answer.

you did and thankyou for that......it is tragic loss i know, i lost familly last year to it aswell.

is he a legend? as man to many maybe the way he dealt with everything put infront of him

may he r.i.p

You are wrong. He was not an extraordinary footballer, but he embodied the way that the vasy majority of fans would like to believe they would have approached the game if they were given the same breaks that Ernie got. He never seemed to take anything for granted and always remained "grounded" unlike so many others in the modern game.

Now move on and discuss the topic.

may he r.i.p

He brought joy to a miserable summer and carried it on all season. Legend

You are wrong. He was not an extraordinary footballer, but he embodied the way that the vasy majority of fans would like to believe they would have approached the game if they were given the same breaks that Ernie got. He never seemed to take anything for granted and always remained "grounded" unlike so many others in the modern game.

Now move on and discuss the topic.

Here Here!

may he r.i.p

OK, I'll rise.

He's a legend because he put more effort in during his short time here than I've seen 99.9% of other players. It was made more special due to the fact he clearly wasn't as good as any of his peers at this level, but he'd battle hard to his last breath.

He's a legend because unlike you, he can't wake up in a morning, or kiss his newborn child to sleep of an evening, and it's a cruel world which allowed him to pass away. Because of this he is elevated, way past Warne's status in my eyes.

Both were thought of so fondly during their time here, but for me Cooksey epitomised everytthing about Latics. When the chips were down, and it was looking like our darkest hour yet, he arrived and put a smile on everyones faces. He did something no other player did around that time.

That there son, is a legend.

OK, I'll rise.

He's a legend because he put more effort in during his short time here than I've seen 99.9% of other players. It was made more special due to the fact he clearly wasn't as good as any of his peers at this level, but he'd battle hard to his last breath.

He's a legend because unlike you, he can't wake up in a morning, or kiss his newborn child to sleep of an evening, and it's a cruel world which allowed him to pass away. Because of this he is elevated, way past Warne's status in my eyes.

Both were thought of so fondly during their time here, but for me Cooksey epitomised everytthing about Latics. When the chips were down, and it was looking like our darkest hour yet, he arrived and put a smile on everyones faces. He did something no other player did around that time.

That there son, is a legend.

Echo the sentiments of all...

To be fair to Palmer1 though, it does depend on how you read his question as to whether it would make you need to "rise" to it. I read his question and thought of his question about Ernie, as a player that's left our club and well before he fell ill. He left and was held as a legend instantly (in my eyes too, for the reasons you've stated.) And Palmer1 drew the comparison there to why Ernie was and Warne wasn't a Legend at the time of leaving OAFC. And you could add in another Legend IMO, Tony Carss...again, the same in that the lack of talent was made up by the 110% effort, committment and desire.

That there, is what I felt Palmer1 was asking, rather than being him being insensitive. Just wanted to say that.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Echo the sentiments of all...

To be fair to Palmer1 though, it does depend on how you read his question as to whether it would make you need to "rise" to it. I read his question and thought of his question about Ernie, as a player that's left our club and well before he fell ill. He left and was held as a legend instantly (in my eyes too, for the reasons you've stated.) And Palmer1 drew the comparison there to why Ernie was and Warne wasn't a Legend at the time of leaving OAFC. And you could add in another Legend IMO, Tony Carss...again, the same in that the lack of talent was made up by the 110% effort, committment and desire.

That there, is what I felt Palmer1 was asking, rather than being him being insensitive. Just wanted to say that.

at times im not the most articulate on here, but that was the point i was trying to make.

im not one to try on upset and anger people on here for fun.....well once or twice :wink: