Come on Stitch and a FEW others - Grovel

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue

QUOTE (Stitch_KTF @ Jan 31 2009, 15:25 PM)

Make your mind up.

As for your opening comment I put in bold.....I'm lost for words. I havent heard anything so ridiculous since I was in the playground with a load of reds.

Normally I'd think your post was a wind-up, but worryingly I somehow don't think it is....

Anyway, thanks for a chuckle I'm off to the game.

From....Fylde Blue.... January...

Hope you and everyone enjoyed yet more crap from this Manager and this team who ARE QUITE BLATANTLY SHOWING they have no respect for him and his management skills or team selection.

This is the best team for Home matches I guess ? ah well looks like I'd better order another few thousand of those Rose Coloured Glasses, I'll get the special ones which only show two places in the league ( 10th and 11th ....forecast for you all )

Most of you who decided to read my letter earlier have obviously disagreed, no problems there, quite clearly none of you have absolutely the slightest knowledge of football.... this present team is crap, we have taken on new players and for whatever reason their faces don't fit, so we tell the fans "Craig Davies has a future at Boundary Park"... then within weeks/DAYS EVEN ! .... make it very obvious he has none and then today just abouts sums it all up.

One day the penny will drop...let me know how many pairs of special glasses you need ?

Thanks, I'm delighted you experienced yet more awful rubbish- supposedly a football match ! who are you kiddin' ...? YOURSELVES ....

And one day the Penny sure as hell did drop and right into Boundary Park....

Make your mind up.

As for your opening comment I put in bold.....I'm lost for words. I havent heard anything so ridiculous since I was in the playground with a load of reds.

Normally I'd think your post was a wind-up, but worryingly I somehow don't think it is....

Hope you and everyone enjoyed yet more crap from this Manager and this team who ARE QUITE BLATANTLY SHOWING they have no respect for him and his management skills or team selection.

This is the best team for Home matches I guess ? ah well looks like I'd better order another few thousand of those Rose Coloured Glasses, I'll get the special ones which only show two places in the league ( 10th and 11th ....forecast for you all )

Most of you who decided to read my letter earlier have obviously disagreed, no problems there, quite clearly none of you have absolutely the slightest knowledge of football.... this present team is crap, we have taken on new players and for whatever reason their faces don't fit, so we tell the fans "Craig Davies has a future at Boundary Park"... then within weeks/DAYS EVEN ! .... make it very obvious he has none and then today just abouts sums it all up.

One day the penny will drop...let me know how many pairs of special glasses you need ?

Thanks, I'm delighted you experienced yet more awful rubbish- supposedly a football match ! who are you kiddin' ...? YOURSELVES ....

You must be really happy with yourself. :lol: Had it been Sheridan who took us to 10th I'd say touche.....as it is I have a ready made get out. :tongue1:

One last thing......ridiculous things happen :)

Make your mind up.

Is their anything worse than people who gloat about the fact that we have failed and are more interested by being proved right on an internet message board than their own team winning?

Guest FyldeBlue
Is their anything worse than people who gloat about the fact that we have failed and are more interested by being proved right on an internet message board than their own team winning?

Yes Glossop.... people like yourself who for whatever daft reasons can't or won't see the wood for the trees, I'm not gloating over anything and in fact have been around for over five decades of supporting our team, basically now used to the same process every season year after year.

It is also annoying when people such as yourself, Garcon and others quite clearly don't bother to read the content of posts on OWTB and instead prefer to just have a go and make it personal.

Your choice pal.... hope we improve obviously .....Cheers.

Yes Glossop.... people like yourself who for whatever daft reasons can't or won't see the wood for the trees, I'm not gloating over anything and in fact have been around for over five decades of supporting our team, basically now used to the same process every season year after year.

It is also annoying when people such as yourself, Garcon and others quite clearly don't bother to read the content of posts on OWTB and instead prefer to just have a go and make it personal.

Your choice pal.... hope we improve obviously .....Cheers.

Mmm. Five decades . Well I'm in my 49th year of supporting Latics and my memories don't chime with yours. Wasn't there promotion in 1963, 71, 74, 91? didn't we have some close things too? Such as 1973, 1987, 1990, 2007? Didn't we have the excitement of Bobby Johnstone, Bert Lister in the early 60s ? The "moneybags" years of Bates? Three years in the top flight - and nobody in 1960 would have envisaged that. A couple of Wembley appearances?

So it's not "every season, year after year"

Mmm. Five decades . Well I'm in my 49th year of supporting Latics and my memories don't chime with yours. Wasn't there promotion in 1963, 71, 74, 91? didn't we have some close things too? Such as 1973, 1987, 1990, 2007? Didn't we have the excitement of Bobby Johnstone, Bert Lister in the early 60s ? The "moneybags" years of Bates? Three years in the top flight - and nobody in 1960 would have envisaged that. A couple of Wembley appearances?

:OASISscarf::ktf:

Bah. Go jump under a tram. :blink:

Just to be absolutely clear, that's meant to be irony. :unsure:

Guest FyldeBlue

Well nearly every season Pete !.... but as you say and I totally agree we've had some great times in the last 50 years and yes I remember all those dates you quote, I also can clearly recall all the bad ones when we awoke to another season of hope only to end with yet another false dawn.....and again as the last 15 or so seasons since the last years of Big Joe....

It's all part of being a Latics fan.... and I still am and believe I've bought a few "Beyond the Boundary" mags from you ?....over many years, sorry if you are not the Pete I am thinking of !

Let us all hope that this Manager is the right one, lets hope the fans support him, lets hope (sadly in vain I guess) for fans to stop booing their team, stop the personal attacks on our younger players and so we can go on.

It never used to be like that..... even in the bad times between the few good years you have listed.

I'll never forget the sight of the late Bert Lister hanging in the back of the net at Chaddy end after scoring his 6th goal in the Boxing day match against Southport... with the pitch marked out in Purple lines on top of the snow.... wonderful days and those are what keep you a Latics fanatic, best wishes Pal, sorry if I expressed myself inaccurately.

Edited by FyldeBlue

Well nearly every season Pete !.... but as you say and I totally agree we've had some great times in the last 50 years and yes I remember all those dates you quote, I also can clearly recall all the bad ones when we awoke to another season of hope only to end with yet another false dawn.....and again as the last 15 or so seasons since the last years of Big Joe....

It's all part of being a Latics fan.... and I still am and believe I've bought a few "Beyond the Boundary" mags from you ?....over many years, sorry if you are not the Pete I am thinking of !

Let us all hope that this Manager is the right one, lets hope the fans support him, lets hope (sadly in vain I guess) for fans to stop booing their team, stop the personal attacks on our younger players and so we can go on.

It never used to be like that..... even in the bad times between the few good years you have listed.

I'll never forget the sight of the late Bert Lister hanging in the back of the net at Chaddy end after scoring his 6th goal in the Boxing day match against Southport... with the pitch marked out in Purple lines on top of the snow.... wonderful days and those are what keep you a Latics fanatic, best wishes Pal, sorry if I expressed myself inaccurately.

Thanks for the reply. I'd agree that the vitriol that surrounds the game (and it's not just Latics) is appalling and we can well do without it. There have always been boo boys - Billy Dearden suffered from them - but not the scale there are now.

Life is a rollercoaster, Latics is the Big Max. But , as you say, let's get behind the team again.

BTW, it was probably Pete Mason you bought BTB from not me - he posted on here recently, lives in Lincoln.

KTF brother.

Edited by LaticsPete

Well I will agree with you on that although the tone of your opening post gave off the impression of "I'm right we are crap in your face Oldham fans!" such posts annoy me it was at its worst during Ronnie Moore's tenure on JKLatics I think sometimes that the arguements on here get that ridiculous that we all forget we are actually on the same side as you say hopefully this manager is the one to take us forward whatever doubts we may have about him we all want success for Oldham Athletic.

Guest FyldeBlue
Thanks for the reply. I'd agree that the vitriol that surrounds the game (and it's not just Latics) is appalling and we can well do without it. There have always been boo boys - Billy Dearden suffered from them - but not the scale there are now.

Life is a rollercoaster, Latics is the Big Max. But , as you say, let's get behind the team again.

BTW, it was probably Pete Mason you bought BTB from not me - he posted on here recently, lives in Lincoln.

KTF brother.

Thanks for correcting me - again !.....senility kicking in ?

KTF always...

Guest FyldeBlue
Well I will agree with you on that although the tone of your opening post gave off the impression of "I'm right we are crap in your face Oldham fans!" such posts annoy me it was at its worst during Ronnie Moore's tenure on JKLatics I think sometimes that the arguements on here get that ridiculous that we all forget we are actually on the same side as you say hopefully this manager is the one to take us forward whatever doubts we may have about him we all want success for Oldham Athletic.

Cheers Glossop, sorry for whatever caused you offence, most certainly not intended and I agree with you totally about some of the comments/discussions/arguments on what is supposed to be a supporters board, the majority at times appear to be personal attacks against anyone who expresses an opinion different to their own.

I also agree with you about your comments on JKL ....which ended up sadly and unfortunately as predicted as a dead duck.

People can only go so far before someone steps in and says "enough".....and at times, whilst I mainly read OWTB it appears that sometimes even this board is drifting away from the original guidelines and can't believe the number of fans who contribute who feel it is their right to openly slag off players and as for the comments about "booing" it never happened in the old days, but as Latics Pete says Billy Dearden used to get some stick quite often.

Ah well, off we go again for some cricket !!!!....and WE CAN all look forward to the forthcoming season with more hope than we honestly have had for the last 12 - 13 years, this Manager is a good guy and he will quick forge a good relationship with the crowd..... that is - if they don't start booing him as well !

Regards as always.

Edited by FyldeBlue

Cheers Glossop, sorry for whatever caused you offence, most certainly not intended and I agree with you totally about some of the comments/discussions/arguments on what is supposed to be a supporters board, the majority at times appear to be personal attacks against anyone who expresses an opinion different to their own.

I also agree with you about your comments on JKL ....which ended up sadly and unfortunately as predicted as a dead duck.

People can only go so far before someone steps in and says "enough".....and at times, whilst I mainly read OWTB it appears that sometimes even this board is drifting away from the original guidelines and can't believe the number of fans who contribute who feel it is their right to openly slag off players and as for the comments about "booing" it never happened in the old days, but as Latics Pete says Billy Dearden used to get some stick quite often.

Ah well, off we go again for some cricket !!!!....and WE CAN all look forward to the forthcoming season with more hope than we honestly have had for the last 12 - 13 years, this Manager is a good guy and he will quick forge a good relationship with the crowd..... that is - if they don't start booing him as well !

Regards as always.

No offence caused mate no problem as I said we are all on the same side a good break and a few good signing in key areas over the summer and optimisim will quickley return we are going to get out of this division eventually hopefully its sooner rather than later.