Ernieflag goes to Walsall

When you say "the final domestic leg of the flag tour", do you mean for this season? The flag's not getting retired next season, is it?

The flag will still be at the games, we're just not sure whether to write about all of them. To be decided over a pint or five, probably.

The flag will still be at the games, we're just not sure whether to write about all of them. To be decided over a pint or five, probably.

Fair enough, i look forward to the report from Kazakhstan with them posing with the flag in mankinis. :wink:

Well done to all involved this season. Have really enjoyed reading about the exploits and many a time during a game this season, when I thought I was at a point of despair, the flag has caught my eye and brought a sense of prospective to proceedings.

Have really enjoyed reading about the exploits and many a time during a game this season, when I thought I was at a point of despair, the flag has caught my eye and brought a sense of prospective to proceedings.

Thanks for that. Your comment has masde it all worthwhile for me.

Thanks to all involved for the Ernie Flag reports I have read everyone (and look forward to the final Khazakstan report).

It's always been an entertaining read........ and if the awareness raised has saved just one life during this last season then what a fatastic initiative it's been. Ernie would be proud!!!!!!

:chubb:

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the reports and would love them to continue next season, but appreciate the work involved. A massive thank you to you all for a job brilliantly done!

I completely agree. Well done to the team. The flag has also put forward a positive side of Oldham Athletic to many away clubs and fans. I hope that the 'do' at the Rifle Range yesterday raised plenty of funds. I enjoyed the couple of hours I had there. Its a shame the club wasn't better represented. Well done to Deano, the only current player I saw attend.

I'm sure the flag will be seen at many more Latic & England games in the future.

From a little idea by Mark W to what has happened this season is amazing, the responce from some clubs and there fans has been great too.

The incident in Spain hasn't stopped the flag continuing to travel either and a massive thank you must also go to the members of Owtb who donated money to the replacement flag. I'm unsure if I have mentioned before but we also managed to give £38 to link4Pink after we covered the cost of the flag.

I will be at the WC in South Africa next Summer, so no doubt not only will the flag be seen in Norwich, Southampton, Exeter, Charlton, Wycombe, Brentford it will see Jo'Berg, Capetown and Pretoria amoungst other places :wink:

I'm sure the flag will be seen at many more Latic & England games in the future.

From a little idea by Mark W to what has happened this season is amazing, the responce from some clubs and there fans has been great too.

The incident in Spain hasn't stopped the flag continuing to travel either and a massive thank you must also go to the members of Owtb who donated money to the replacement flag. I'm unsure if I have mentioned before but we also managed to give £38 to link4Pink after we covered the cost of the flag.

I will be at the WC in South Africa next Summer, so no doubt not only will the flag be seen in Norwich, Southampton, Exeter, Charlton, Wycombe, Brentford it will see Jo'Berg, Capetown and Pretoria amoungst other places :wink:

You do realise this is a fictional independent nation, don't you?

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and the support we've had with the reports this season. It's been a great experience and I'm really proud of the awareness of both Ernie and malignant melanoma that we've been able to generate.

The support we've had from the vast majority of clubs has been amazing.

As well as the Kaza trip, I'm hoping to put an article on in the next week or so summing up the highlights of the season.

The flag will be around for a long time to come and we will try and do some one off articles next season with the new trips.

I'd also like to offer my congratulations to everyone involved in aranging the 'Ernie Day' at the Rifle Range yesterday. I only managed to pop along for a couple of hours but it was a great event.

I think we should carry on with trips to the new grounds until Latics play Burton Albion (again) - possibly in the Paint Pot trophy or similar. Next season we should organise a boycot of THAT pub in Southend. :grin:

P.S. Posting at the moment from the West coast of Ireland attending the traditional music festival. :drinking45::drinking45::drinking45::drinking45: