German Government to ban PAINTBALL

Linky

"Berlin also plans to ban games like paintball and laser-tag that simulate killing on the grounds that they trivialise and encourage violence. "

Perhaps they should have banned it before the Nazi's came to power, then obviously the second world war would have been avoided.

At least this proves that it's not only British law makers who are absolutely potty.

Linky

"Berlin also plans to ban games like paintball and laser-tag that simulate killing on the grounds that they trivialise and encourage violence. "

Perhaps they should have banned it before the Nazi's came to power, then obviously the second world war would have been avoided.

At least this proves that it's not only British law makers who are absolutely potty.

In all fairness I can see quite a link between shooting guns to kill people and shooting paintballs to simulate killing people.

In all fairness I can see quite a link between shooting guns to kill people and shooting paintballs to simulate killing people.

So they've banned paintball but it's still legal to own a gun... how does that work?

I think they should ban Shakespear's work, it fills peoples minds with thoughts of rape, incest, murder, the brutal crushing of the French and the House of York, violent blinding, poisoning, adultery, racism, betrayal and treason.

I think they should ban Shakespear's work, it fills peoples minds with thoughts of rape, incest, murder, the brutal crushing of the French and the House of York, violent blinding, poisoning, adultery, racism, betrayal and treason.

And it's a bugger to read. All that olde English stuff! Ban English!!

BAN THE WORLD

So they've banned paintball but it's still legal to own a gun... how does that work?

You're less likely to accidently pick up a proper gun and shoot someone with it whilst playing paintball if they ban paintball. :grin:

Edited by jimsleftfoot

:lol:

I'm with Chris Rock....

object>

Eddie Izzard had a similar argument in his "Dressed To Kill" show. He said guns shouldn't be banned just bullets...

Edit: This clip doesnt actually get to that part of it...

Edited by martjs

:lol:

I'm with Chris Rock....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcVwDw4YLE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcVwDw4YLE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcVwDw4YLE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't forget Chris Rock has 3 guns in his house... They are fine in the hands of law abiding citizens who only use them to shoot murders, rapists and tax collectors.

I can honestly say my time in Berlin (admittedly not really "Germany") over the years has shown me the most liberal relaxed and unoppressive way of life I have ever encountered.

I have spent most of that time in nightclubs to be honest

Nice! :drinking: