Kennedy agrees move to league 2 club

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it entirely possible we put in a bid, but a realistic one based on what we knew he was earning. Entirely possible Dale got a bit excited and bid higher. I think in this case Penney would know what he was on, put in a realistic bid and stuck by it.

this is good news all round.

Penney not held to ransom

Realstic budget

Not blow it at the first person that is available.

Rochdale blnked first and paid over the odds.

IF Penney knew that he was seriously considering an offer from Rochdale, I think it possible he walked away there and then, and quite correct to do so.

A player that is happy to stay in Div 2 is not mentally strong enough to get us into the Championship, and mental strength is what we lacked most IMHO last season.

That would be true if it was another club, but 'dale have already come out this summer and said that the budget will be down on last season (Hence why they've released seven) - they dont spend beyond their means and never will do. So I fail to see that "blinked and then paid more" possibility - as in previous cases Dale have always caved in and looked elsewhere when that's happened.

Rochdale have been after Kennedy for ages. Hill has made it no secret in the past that he's a fan of him.

I love how people make out that he's happy to stay in league 2 - laughable - just because he's opted there rather than league 1. The bloke's come from Middlesbrough. Has already had a brief chance at the top and surely wants to get back there one day. It's already come out that Kennedy see's dale as a progressive club who will mount a challenge in league 2 once again this season.

I'm pretty sure he'll have had words with Keltie and Wiseman as to what sort of a club 'dale are.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

i'm still waiting for confirmation that latics wanted him.

all bloody hearsay.

According to today's Chron, Kennedy was our 'number one target' if that's true (which I think it isn't) perhaps it is time to start getting worried just what our intentions are.

According to today's Chron, Kennedy was our 'number one target' if that's true (which I think it isn't) perhaps it is time to start getting worried just what our intentions are.

If you don't believe it...it's surely not time to start getting worried then? At all! I'm not...I don't for one second think he was a main target, nor even possibly a target. If he was, he would've been here...there's not a single chance that Dale would offer more IMO.

Overall though...only thing I'm worried about is I'm seeing the same as what happened in the Summer of 2005 happening all over again...

Too high, too early - the expectations on the new manager

Players not being kept on that fans want (Beckett/Gregan)

Players signed that some can't understand (Swailes - many stating injured when he arrived / Wolfy signs to prove fitness)

Manager going back to previous club

Fans reading utter :censored:e in the press, believing it and then being utterly negative about it

There's a few things worrying me off the top of my head...the list is sure to grow and a ball's not been kicked...

Edited by boundaryblue80