Kennedy agrees move to league 2 club

it shouldnt matter what division they come from if they have the talent, alot of its to do with the mentality and attitude of the player.

some managers make good choices in that regard, some dont, and some can spark something in a player that may not have been seen for a while.

lets just see what DP can produce before we argue over players that we havent signed yet

I agree with this. I'm not mithered who they are or what division they come from whether it be higher, lower or the same so long as they have ability and hunger for the team they've come to play for. You can't say because a player is from League 2 he must be awful and you can't say a play is quality just because they've come from the Prem/Championship. We should know that from experience!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone that has actually seen him play live more than once- Rocky Latic- reckons he could do a job/be decent for us. Yes he's plays/ed for Darlo and yes they are in League 2 but they did well this year and last. I'm not in favour of us being linked with every Darlo player but we haven't we've only been linked with the better ones- Abbot, Kennedy. Its no different than at any other club when a new manager comes in they often sign at least one or two players from their previous club. If DP thinks a player is good enough for us no matter who he plays for then that will do for me- I'd trust his opinion on players before I trust anyone's on here. Like someone said we haven't had a lot of success in recnt times with established quality from the Championship/ Prem.

Someone that has actually seen him play live more than once- Rocky Latic- reckons he could do a job/be decent for us. Yes he's plays/ed for Darlo and yes they are in League 2 but they did well this year and last. I'm not in favour of us being linked with every Darlo player but we haven't we've only been linked with the better ones- Abbot, Kennedy. Its no different than at any other club when a new manager comes in they often sign at least one or two players from their previous club. If DP thinks a player is good enough for us no matter who he plays for then that will do for me- I'd trust his opinion on players before I trust anyone's on here. Like someone said we haven't had a lot of success in recnt times with established quality from the Championship/ Prem.

He is obviously a very ambitious player going to Spotland LOL

I would seriously doubt that we have made a bid for him. Rochdale, league 2 contenders or Dave Penney again at Oldham possible league 1 contenders

I dont think we have made a bid

Pav has now gone to Poland on holiday will give his decision when he gets back Darlo local rag.. With what DP has to say about his injuries I doubt we have offered him a contract.

As to Kennedy I very much doubt that we have offered him a contract sure he would have been back with DP and MG if we had.. Thanks them for the influence they had on his career in his Sky Sports interview..

Two contract offers hopefully to Billy Clarke and Ryan Smith

Obviously Rockys not home yet... :D

A sneaky feeling he may be posting on this one. :wink:

Who? what? :lol:

There's no club named on sky or others sites. Though there is this which was spot on in getting Ravenhill's move to Notts County and that Abbott is in Poland thinking things over. It's the only article that mentions any club and it says it's dale.

To be honest, i'm not sure how they've pulled that one if it's true.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/north-east-sp...84229-23672773/

Dale's site says nothing other than Keith Hill wants the fans to be realistic this summer in terms of players coming in - but mentions that he's looking at a few players he'd describe as quality. Even dale's message board goes about 6 pages in one thread before linking themselves too him. The only reason 'dale fans rave about Kennedy is because he runs rings around them everytime he plays against them.

Next best move after Latics obviously. :grin: As for those saying "good. Yes, it's superb that a midfielder who's better (and probably on less money) than all our current centre mid's (inc. allott in that) is joining another club. :unsure:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

If he was a target for Latics, joining Rochdale is a real kick in the teeth and may show the true level of our new ambition.

IF

Just emphasising that :wink:

We'll find out as the weeks go...where potential targets we chase (and I mean properly chase, not just linked with by lazy journos) end up. I personally have never once thought he'd be here...Abbott on the other hand, I do expect we might sign.

Edited by boundaryblue80

If he was a target for Latics, joining Rochdale is a real kick in the teeth and may show the true level of our new ambition.

It will come out in the wash, but if it turns out he turned us down for Rochdale then thats a worry, cant see it myself but wait and see eh

Absolutely.....Ricketts - England International!

Sorry to you im just in a s**t mood ...sorry mate. The crap on here in the past few days re negativity just got me a bit, not you.

Id take some time out if the crap on this board affects you like that! Or maybe go for a holiday to Ibiza that might cheer you up :grin:

I think it entirely possible we put in a bid, but a realistic one based on what we knew he was earning. Entirely possible Dale got a bit excited and bid higher. I think in this case Penney would know what he was on, put in a realistic bid and stuck by it.

this is good news all round.

Penney not held to ransom

Realstic budget

Not blow it at the first person that is available.

Rochdale blnked first and paid over the odds.

IF Penney knew that he was seriously considering an offer from Rochdale, I think it possible he walked away there and then, and quite correct to do so.

A player that is happy to stay in Div 2 is not mentally strong enough to get us into the Championship, and mental strength is what we lacked most IMHO last season.

Edited by singe

I think it entirely possible we put in a bid, but a realistic one based on what we knew he was earning. Entirely possible Dale got a bit excited and bid higher. I think in this case Penney would know what he was on, put in a realistic bid and stuck by it.

this is good news all round.

Penney not held to ransom

Realstic budget

Not blow it at the first person that is available.

Rochdale blnked first and paid over the odds.

If Penney knew that he was seriously considering an offer from Rochdale, I think it possible he walked away there and then, and quite correct to do so.

A player that is happy to stay in Div 2 is not mentally strong enough to get us into the Championship, and mental strength is what we lacked most IMHO last season.

Agree 100% with this, I want players with Ambition at the club .....