Well done eardly,

I know we give him plenty of stick from time to time , but at this level hes as good a right back as we can expect .

It may only be wales but doing well with his country and working with the players and coaches in the wales setup will only improve his game .

So well done to him and we should all be proud!

I know we give him plenty of stick from time to time , but at this level hes as good a right back as we can expect .

It may only be wales but doing well with his country and working with the players and coaches in the wales setup will only improve his game .

Only adds to his value further :D

TBH it amazes me how much (unjustified) stick he gets on here, he is a more than decent full back at our level and is still only about 20.

People criticise him on the grounds that he plays the ball long, but in most instances he has absolutely no options of a midfield player coming short to take the ball off him, and as he is closed down has to hit it long to avoid being caught in possesssion deep in his own half (which would be a far worse crime).

Without a Wellens/Kilkenny type midfield player willing to take the ball short and play it through the middle, he is left with little option and will presumably continue to get criticised, oh well such is the life of a Latics player.

TBH it amazes me how much (unjustified) stick he gets on here, he is a more than decent full back at our level and is still only about 20.

..... that's always been my point about him, he's a decent League 1 right back with maybe potential to play at Championship level nothing more. People saying he's worth £2M are living in cloud cuckoo land.

People criticise him on the grounds that he plays the ball long, but in most instances he has absolutely no options of a midfield player coming short to take the ball off him, and as he is closed down has to hit it long to avoid being caught in possesssion deep in his own half (which would be a far worse crime).

Without a Wellens/Kilkenny type midfield player willing to take the ball short and play it through the middle, he is left with little option and will presumably continue to get criticised, oh well such is the life of a Latics player.

Last season he got criticism because his passing was dire at times. This wasn't just the long ball but simple passes when he had options available. He was also caught out of position frequently.

Im a fan of his and think he has a big part to play for us. However, some games last season he just wasn't up to scratch. Like you say he is young and will only get better. Don't think he should have been made captain though.

we?