Eardley to start for Wales at left-back

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/8076231.stm

Gunter is set to be moved to right-back for his 16th cap, covering injured Spurs and Wales team-mate Gareth Bale. Neal Eardley is expected to come in at left-back for the Group Four World Cup qualifier at the Tofig Bahramov Stadium in Baku.

Gunter moved to an 'unfamilar' right-back role (despite him being a right-back) to cover for left-back Gareth Bale. So surely Eardley's covering Bale? And if Gunter's so unfamiliar with the right-back role, why's he wearing no. 2 in the picture? :wacko:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/8076231.stm

Gunter moved to an 'unfamilar' right-back role (despite him being a right-back) to cover for left-back Gareth Bale. So surely Eardley's covering Bale? And if Gunter's so unfamiliar with the right-back role, why's he wearing no. 2 in the picture? :wacko:

Got to agree - this does not make sense - :blink:

As much as Wales are a 3rd world country, i feel really proud that we have an international player in our ranks!

Its like i felt with Gunnar and Norway!

Racist. Watch out or we'll burn your holiday homes......... :wink:

:Wales:

Edited by Snookmeister

Eardley to Man U? Let's see if we can get this in the Chron :shifty:

I've actually heard this rumour this week, apparently they are looking for cover in the full back positions and have released Simpson this week (a young fullback), so I think this could have something to it.

I've actually heard this rumour this week, apparently they are looking for cover in the full back positions and have released Simpson this week (a young fullback), so I think this could have something to it.

Maybe we could loan him to them, and get the benefit of their training!

As much as Wales are a 3rd world country, i feel really proud that we have an international player in our ranks!

Its like i felt with Gunnar and Norway!

Wales a third world country and then you hold up a Scottish flag- LOL. Wales is a better country than Scotland in quite a few aspects and if Scotland was treated separately from the rest of the UK (as some Scots want it) it would be the worse country in western Europe in loads of stuff.

To get back on to topic if Eardley is playing left back (I doubt it more a case of shoddy BBC sub editing) this must put his price up a few houndred K.

Aye in Exchange we should demand Fabio and Rafael :)

gunter is a left back but plays for wales at right back because they have bale aswel.

gunter will go back to his proper position and eardley will come in..

i still dont see why people even bother with anything other than SSN

Live on the BBC website, too.

So we can watch Wales in about 6 formats but not England thanks to :censored:anta. Gits.

Neal's had a decent start, lots of the ball, couple of good crosses and a clearence. Add twenty quid to the asking price please Alan!