I always got the impression that crushes such as hillsboro were due to overcrowding not standing.

Whilst I'm all for standing (I do it wherever possible) all-seater stadia makes it easier to gauge capacity and therefore negate the risk of overcrowding.

If you read my post again you will notice i said designated areas for standing and sitting. So I would say if you were sat down in a standing area then yes it would be difficult to see but you would also be an absolute idiot.

I dont see whats so hard to grasp about the concept of designating certain blocks in the home and away ends of all seater stadia as sitting and standing areas.

Steady tiger.

What I couldn't understand working is your line "one standing place infront of one seat". Still don't understand the logic of that.... Did you really mean that?

Edited by LaticsPete

Steady tiger.

What I couldn't understand working is your line "one standing place infront of one seat". Still don't understand the logic of that.... Did you really mean that?

If you see the picture on the opening post ti gives an idea of how safe standing works, and is pretty much one deep.

I presume the Germans only have it so they can use it on more heavily regulated European/International games, as I've certainly been in what we would class as normal standing areas (at Frankfurt for instance) with the only difference being that they still have the fences at the front.

If you see the picture on the opening post ti gives an idea of how safe standing works, and is pretty much one deep.

I presume the Germans only have it so they can use it on more heavily regulated European/International games, as I've certainly been in what we would class as normal standing areas (at Frankfurt for instance) with the only difference being that they still have the fences at the front.

Alles ist klar. Danke.

Steady tiger.

I dont see whats not to understand?

Take an all seater stadium. Boundary Park for example. The capacity is probably 9000 seats. Designate certain Blocks as standing. Say one in the away end of the RRE one in the home end of the RRE one in the CE. People in these blocks are allowed to stand up in front of their seat, just like some people do now anyway. This way their is no over crowding as capacity is the same, it just allows people to stand or sit according to preference? :huh:

Take an all seater stadium. Boundary Park for example. The capacity is probably 9000 seats. Designate certain Blocks as standing. Say one in the away end of the RRE one in the home end of the RRE one in the CE. People in these blocks are allowed to stand up in front of their seat, just like some people do now anyway. This way their is no over crowding as capacity is the same, it just allows people to stand or sit according to preference? :huh:

Let me explain - a standing Area in front of a Seating Area can work - I seem to recall that the Stretford end was that way - as long as there is a sufficient height differential between the two areas. See? Easy huh?

Let me explain - a standing Area in front of a Seating Area can work - I seem to recall that the Stretford end was that way - as long as there is a sufficient height differential between the two areas. See? Easy huh?

This thread is confusing me now! I know it can work, I suggested it didnt I? :blink:

Chill. It was explained by OldhamSheridan - and I acknowledged him.

Anyway it isn't going to happen at BP in the foresseable future - nor, I would put money on it, before another World Cup in england. The FA will play safe in its bid and not set the hare running of bringing back standing/mixed with seating areas.

Chill. It was explained by OldhamSheridan - and I acknowledged him.

Anyway it isn't going to happen at BP in the foresseable future - nor, I would put money on it, before another World Cup in england. The FA will play safe in its bid and not set the hare running of bringing back standing/mixed with seating areas.

Im quite chilled mate dont worry. :wink:

OldhamSheridan has explained something different to what I was advocating, I was just trying to explain my point which you replied to thats all.

Im quite chilled mate dont worry. :wink:

OldhamSheridan has explained something different to what I was advocating, I was just trying to explain my point which you replied to thats all.

In which case I am even more confused ...but let's drop it. :)

Well I'd say there is a better atmosphere in non-seated stands, no putting us down, our atmosphere is amazing. Just something about it.

I went watching Frankfurt vs Hamburger SV on the last day of the 1. Bundesliga season. Although it was a 3-2 loss, Eintracht fans put on a show!

to see it.

I think it could be done only it would take many months and much trouble. We could ask around on other fans boards too, get some feedback.

Guy whilst I like the fact you are trying to raise this, it isn't a new idea. A 'safe standing' campaign is almost as old as the Taylor Report, maybe older than you.. check this link. Safe Standing isn't an issue that can be addressed by one club on it's own. It contravenes all kinds of Health and Safety legislation and is a very political issue.

safe standing

FSF safe standing

Edited by lookers87