We put the BNP in...

I couldn't change this cause i dont live in oldham but it doesnt give a good image of the town to people like me and so it doesn't give a good image of latics. This is a step backward in my opinion and oldham is one of the worst places I have been to anyway

Your post doesn't really deserve a reply but I will....

Is it not a reflection on the North West as a whole ?

Edited by Yard Dog

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That make's no sense whatsoever. English please. The BNP arent Oldham based. The only people having negative views of Oldham are the narrow minded one's who instantly think of the race riots when the word Oldham is mentioned. BNP elected or not, wont change those people's views and it has absolutely nothing to do with Latics in the slightest. I think the games around the time of the riots when there was National Front members giving away their "bulldog paper" on sheepfoot lane was a more negative image directly linked to Latics than anything to do with the BNP and the town of Oldham.

Personally i'm not overly interested. I'm not really into Politics. A load of people out of touch with the working class who cant make a decision. I didnt vote, so cant really moan about who got in, who didnt or what not. I dont get how those who didnt go out and vote (in what was a ridiculously shocking turnout) can grumble about the BNP or any other party for that matter. You could of done something about it, but far too many people in this country couldnt care less about voting or quite frankly, see no one worthy of their vote.

I'm not suprised people have voted BNP in big numbers, or there reasons for doing so. People in this country are fed up and if they feel a vote for the BNP in their mind is worthwhile then so be it. There decision. There vote. End of.

Dont know about locally to anyone else, but there was only one party campaigning in the build up to the elections around my area............guess who that was?

Maybe more people should vote if only it is to get this scum which is BNP out of power it will be worth it. So many people want less people immigrating over here fair enough. They have some good ideas but BNP are the wrong party to vote for. The only reason BNP did well is because we are in a crisis. A few years ago nobody would be looking to a right wing party like BNP. It just goes to show that in Oldham we still have a lot of racism in this town. I am embarrassed to have been born and brought up in these town. Next year people need to get their fingers out and vote for anyone but BNP.

Nick Griffin was elected MEP for the North West Region, not just Oldham.

Several (uninformed) posters are wrongly and solely blaming the Oldham public for this.

So rather than being ashamed and outraged at being from Oldham maybe it would be more accurate to be disgusted at being from the North West.

BBC LINK (have a read and inform yourself)

Nick Griffin was elected MEP for the North West Region, not just Oldham.

Several (uninformed) posters are wrongly and solely blaming the Oldham public for this.

So rather than being ashamed and outraged at being from Oldham maybe it would be more accurate to be disgusted at being from the North West.

BBC LINK (have a read and inform yourself)

Further to that, the BNP gained significant vote counts in all areas of the country, it was simply down to the system used that their %age votes in the NW and Yorkshire. You should be ashamed to be British really. The country as a whole has no excuse for allowing these hate filled scrotes a single vote.

Guest Scratch2000uk

European elections?? :huh:

Despite spending 18 million of our hard earned, the euro elections have had fewer people voting for candidates, since the euro elections began. :ranting:

Mostly protest votes for the BNP and people despising the arrogant tw@s that are running this county, let alone voting for a parliament that a lot people don't know what their purpose is. :blink:

I do agree, that there is a growing concern about politicians and their morals and ethics, i mean they are calling greedy bankers while taking the piss out of the system.

While this kind of scandal is fresh in the air, they will, get more people voting for the likes of the BNP, and i think it's going to be a while before they can recover. :blush:

Out of interest, did ANYONE see any advertisements for the euro elections,? i don't get out or get to watch much TV myself. :grin:

Anybody moaning and didn`t vote, you deserve what you get, simple as that. Must say that while this country is full of economic migrants from abroad the BNP and other far right parties will always remain in the margins. Not rocket science is it really that if you tighten the borders pUll out of the EU and sort the problem out they will no longer be effective.

Yes, it must have really pissed off our home grown white trash to have all those Eastern Europeans coming in and proving that there were actually lots of jobs which they chose not to fill. They are going home in large numbers now that jobs actually are scarce, leaving bth us and themselves better off for the experience.

leaving bth us and themselves better off for the experience.

Agreed.

I saw THE best looking girl I have ever seen in, of all places, Oldham TK Maxx last Thursday. She was Polish and she was amazing. My 31 year old mate spent 10 minutes giggling and walking round with his head in his hands, I overheard other shoppers and staff discussing her, mostly females, and I personally felt compelled to take a photo. :exile:

Agreed.

I saw THE best looking girl I have ever seen in, of all places, Oldham TK Maxx last Thursday. She was Polish and she was amazing. My 31 year old mate spent 10 minutes giggling and walking round with his head in his hands, I overheard other shoppers and staff discussing her, mostly females, and I personally felt compelled to take a photo. :exile:

Prove it then!

I shared a house with a Czech girl a few years ago. She was about 5 foot 10, had the features of a catwalk model, was very slim and had massive norks. Not my type.

Prove it then!

I shared a house with a Czech girl a few years ago. She was about 5 foot 10, had the features of a catwalk model, was very slim and had massive norks. Not my type.

I'm not sure I want to share her with the likes of you ^_^

I've only got an ordinary Nokia but I'll try and get her up later, for the lads. It's a rear view shot but that's ok, even if it doesn't do her full justice. :wink:

We can all say nasty things about her boyfriend who is also in the picture, having no doubt just 'stolen' somebody's job....

I couldn't change this cause i dont live in oldham but it doesnt give a good image of the town to people like me and so it doesn't give a good image of latics. This is a step backward in my opinion and oldham is one of the worst places I have been to anyway

You cant have travelled many places then. There's far worse places than Oldham. In Britain, nevermind abroad. Various parts of Glasgow instantly come to mind.

Maybe more people should vote if only it is to get this scum which is BNP out of power it will be worth it. So many people want less people immigrating over here fair enough. They have some good ideas but BNP are the wrong party to vote for. The only reason BNP did well is because we are in a crisis. A few years ago nobody would be looking to a right wing party like BNP. It just goes to show that in Oldham we still have a lot of racism in this town. I am embarrassed to have been born and brought up in these town. Next year people need to get their fingers out and vote for anyone but BNP.

Just because people vote BNP doesnt make them racist.

Just because people vote BNP doesnt make them racist.

Does it not?

Just by looking at their constitution, they are a far-right whites-only political party. Whites only. Which not only is discriminating and racist, but illegal too. So what do these people vote for when they put their tick in the BNP box?

Guest sheridans_world
Does it not?

Just by looking at their constitution, they are a far-right whites-only political party. Whites only. Which not only is discriminating and racist, but illegal too. So what do these people vote for when they put their tick in the BNP box?

People dont look at their constitution though, its like a naughty kid in the classroom, the teachers (MP's) tell the children (voters) not to do something naughty, so they do it anway.

Protest votes Matt, you know try to kick other parties up the arse. The same reason a lot of people voted UKIP. None of them have a chance of changing the political face of this country, but they can shake it.

Protest votes Matt, you know try to kick other parties up the arse. The same reason a lot of people voted UKIP. None of them have a chance of changing the political face of this country, but they can shake it.

But what are you protest voting for? These parties, if given power, would not be a better alternative, they'd be worse. More corrupt. More extremist.

Your basically telling MP's that if they cheat and rob then you'll give power to people who will cheat and rob more!

Guest sheridans_world
But what are you protest voting for? These parties, if given power, would not be a better alternative, they'd be worse. More corrupt. More extremist.

Your basically telling MP's that if they cheat and rob then you'll give power to people who will cheat and rob more!

Thats why UKIP got so far, they are the party the people who bothered to read up on the policitcal alternatives to labour and conservatives.

BNP are the "I cant be arsed looking, I dont care that their views are so extreme because I havent researched into it, I'll vote them"

P.s. Love Gordon Brown today, "Vote reform will require referendum, but not until after the next general election"

HA

I never mentioned cheat and rob.....they all do that. I believe in English jobs for English people, does that make me racist? With the job I do lesser qualified immigrants are doing the job for less money, where does that leave me?

There's a better way to protest about the decay of British democracy than to vote for a party who openly admits holocaust denial and other forms of anti-semetism. It's not on. I'm sorry Martin but I firmly believe voting for the BNP is voting for their constitution and mandate of which some are: "[being] committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948" - and - "The BNP also proposes "firm but voluntary incentives for immigrants and their descendants to return home"

....if one voted for the BNP as a shake-up vote, then one voted for this as well. It makes me want to vomit.

"I am well aware that orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into soup and lampshades. I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter witch-hysteria"

Guest sheridans_world
"I am well aware that orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into soup and lampshades. I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter witch-hysteria"

Box of eggs anyone?

As vile as they are, do you believe the BNP would get in a position to assert any form of power? They have certain policies which the main parties are studying and assessing to see if it's plauseable for them to use. However I did vote UKIP, not the others....

Guest sheridans_world
As vile as they are, do you believe the BNP would get in a position to assert any form of power? They have certain policies which the main parties are studying and assessing to see if it's plauseable for them to use. However I did vote UKIP, not the others....

If everyone voted and thought that, the BNP would be in power sooner rather than later...

If everyone voted and thought that, the BNP would be in power sooner rather than later...

But everyone doesn't and it's just as well, it proves that they and their voters are in the minorty when hate-crimes are put on a political constitution.

To be dismissive of the BNP and their voters/supporters as just racist thickos and Holocaust-deniers is pretty dangerous - the powers that be would do well to understand the real reasons why people are sympathising more and more with the BNP and some of their policies.

Guest sheridans_world
But everyone doesn't and it's just as well, it proves that they and their voters are in the minorty when hate-crimes are put on a political constitution.

I actually got a good stat out of this fornights edition of private eye and I tend to trust their stats.

BNP's increase in votes in the euro elections 2004 - 4.3%

BNP's increase in votes in the euro elections 2009 - 1.9%

Amazing really, they havent gained much at all.