impatient?

Everyone keeps saying that we need to be patient over our summer signings but i think penney needs to move quick time.

pre season begins shortley and surely he need a complete squad close to that date in order to get his plans and style across. i think we need another 7 at least and i dont thinks it will be done until days before the season begins and therefore result in a poor start to the season. i am excited by penney but i am getting more and more worried by the state of events - or lack of them.

times must be bad because the rumours have even dried up on here! there will be nothing for the chron to right next week !! :grin:

Everyone keeps saying that we need to be patient over our summer signings but i think penney needs to move quick time.

pre season begins shortley and surely he need a complete squad close to that date in order to get his plans and style across. i think we need another 7 at least and i dont thinks it will be done until days before the season begins and therefore result in a poor start to the season. i am excited by penney but i am getting more and more worried by the state of events - or lack of them.

times must be bad because the rumours have even dried up on here! there will be nothing for the chron to right next week !! :grin:

I think the closer we get to the 30th when most contracts expire we will start to see players going left, right and centre as they won't want to be not getting paid and will take the best contract on offer. Until then they probably won't be in any rush to sign a contract for any team unless they know they won't be getting any better offers.

DP has done all he can now ID players he wants and offer them deals.. Like he has said most players are on Holiday mulling over cffers they have most will leave it aslong as they can trying to get the extra ££'s..

I would expect to hear/see more activity early July once contract run out as nava has mentioned..

Looking around the league not much movement at'all I think we are the most active with two signings!!

How many more posts like this?!

Most players are not out of conract till the end of this month!

With the 2 signings we have been the most active! people need to chill out !

Exactly, we have been busier than the vast majority of clubs in the football league.

Plus, positive sounds are coming out about our players that are currently injured or unfit.

It awful waiting but has to be done.

Keep the faith.

Tbh it is a little frustrating, but we've got two in already and everyone is in the same boat. The players still seem to have their heads up their arses regarding wages and length of contract - by the end of June they'll be breaking their agents' doors down asking WTF! Where's my deal? Then clubs pounce and offer them less than they would have been offered a month earlier. The sooner the players realise that like the real world it is very much an employers market then that's when we'll see the market hot up. Personally I'm glad I'm going away next week, as these type of posts of 'Where's the signings' will become more frequent. If we've not signed another two or three by end of this month, then yes it may be time to start getting a little anxious, until then enjoy the summer!

Edited by oafcprozac

Billy Clarke Decision next week maybe?

NOTTS County boss Ian McParland is hoping to make serious progress next week in his bid to land former Ipswich striker Billy Clarke.

McParland has been frustrated in his attempts to lure the talented young Irishman to Meadow Lane by a family bereavement, and the fact that he is currently away on holiday.

But the Magpies manager is pushing for a meeting with the player and his agent for early next week, so that he can move things on.

McParland said: "I know that a number of clubs are interested in Billy and he will have a lot of talking and thinking to do when he gets back from holiday. But both he and his agent realise that we are serious about signing him, and I'm encouraged by the fact that he has not dismissed the possibility of joining us.

"I know that some of the interested clubs are in higher divisions than us so realistically, it's still a long shot. But hopefully I can get the backing to make a good offer and we can convince him when we meet that Notts County is the club for him."

McParland added that time is now of the essence and he is anxious to get a decision one way or the other.

He said: "If Billy wants to join us then I will be delighted but if not, we need to move on. We already have a list of targets - not just strikers but for other positions as well - which I've given to the prospective new owners."