Just when you thought it had all gone quiet

I don't see why we are looking for more midfielders - surely it is defence and attack that are the issues now? We have already got a pretty congested middle of the park so are we looking to move players out?

I think when it says midfield it may be referring to wide midfield. We could still do with a left or right winger, we can't rely on Smalley all season, he's good on his day and has loads of potential but we shouldn't be relying on him if we can afford not to.

I think when it says midfield it may be referring to wide midfield. We could still do with a left or right winger, we can't rely on Smalley all season, he's good on his day and has loads of potential but we shouldn't be relying on him if we can afford not to.

It's a late bid for Ronaldo.

We already have Smalley, Taylor & Purdie who are out and out wingers, with O'Grady and Lee who can step in there and do a job. After that we have Black and Eardley who could play there if we were desperate...

Purdie is an out and out versatile player, only Penney knows were he is gonna fit in - and COG as a winger? NO

We already have Smalley, Taylor & Purdie who are out and out wingers, with O'Grady and Lee who can step in there and do a job. After that we have Black and Eardley who could play there if we were desperate...

FTFY :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
"Fixed that for you" I think...

In other words, its MOD speak for "I Know something you dont, ner ner ner ner ner!"

:)

:wink:

See the twitter link on the portal page :wink:

Hmmm, a bit of inter-mod skulduggery here? If Smalley is on his way then fair enough, another wide player would be very useful (particularly one who could do a shift up front or at full-back - Liddell or Warne-esque), but mark my words Mr Purdie plays wide right given the chance. I have foreseen it... Or at least Senior La Vega has.

Anyone care to elaborate on the Smalley business? According to a teasing wretch by the name of Wardle he was supposed to be history last week wasn't he?

Anyone care to elaborate on the Smalley business? According to a teasing wretch by the name of Wardle he was supposed to be history last week wasn't he?

FTFY is as Big Fin suggest geek/interweb speak for "fixed that for you". And indeed the rumour mill has it that Smalley has a medical at Blackpool tomorrow. Not from Mr Wardle, mind.