Who do you fancy for promo this season?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many people may see or want to see it Corp...... but you certainly don't mind telling us about the impending doom.

I don't mind, no. And it will come true unless something drastically changes.

The trouble is that the club seems to have reached an impasse. I don't see that, without either additional investment or the stadium redevelopment, the club can generate the finance to get us out of this division, and, as far as we can see, neither is going to happen. The property market doesn't seem like it is going to recover to anything like its previous level, and although government measures over the year seem likely to bring about a semblance of renewed boom, they essentially involve reinflation of the various economic bubbles that caused the crash in the first place and only guarantee another crash further down the line, quite possibly sooner than we think.

And, as we are seeing, the one thing that stagnation in this division guarantees is boredom and frustration amongst a substantial section of the hardcore support, and complete indifference from the town (unles we get a PL club in the cup.)

The trouble is that the club seems to have reached an impasse. I don't see that, without either additional investment or the stadium redevelopment, the club can generate the finance to get us out of this division, and, as far as we can see, neither is going to happen. The property market doesn't seem like it is going to recover to anything like its previous level, and although government measures over the year seem likely to bring about a semblance of renewed boom, they essentially involve reinflation of the various economic bubbles that caused the crash in the first place and only guarantee another crash further down the line, quite possibly sooner than we think.

And, as we are seeing, the one thing that stagnation in this division guarantees is boredom and frustration amongst a substantial section of the hardcore support, and complete indifference from the town (unles we get a PL club in the cup.)

I wish somebody had pointed this out before... :whoosh:

Pete always has to have a content-free retort.

He'll be telling me to come up with a positive idea to help the club in a minute.

Hang on-no he won't because Pete never repeats himself...

Did you note the "whoosh" ? It was a friendly poke in the ribs, nothing more. Relax on a sunny afternoon. we can restart hostilities another day. :wink:

***ALERT***

*** HIJACKED THREAD***

Quite right-the background to the club's current situation has got absolutely nothing to do with how the team might do next season.

Very well spotted, sir.

Eh?

Do you fancy giving everyone a shock corp by telling everyone who you fancy for promotion this season - which is what the thread is about of course :wink:

Eh?

Do you fancy giving everyone a shock corp by telling everyone who you fancy for promotion this season - which is what the thread is about of course :wink:

If it can't be us, I don't care who gets promoted, and waste no time thinking about it.

Although I'd prefer it if Leeds weren't one of the three.

Isn't that the thing? We get a manager who seems to have his head screwed on and a good record, who's going to be given a chance to build his own team on a limited budget (Neil Warnock? Brian Talbot? Ronnie Moore?) and suddenly we're all supposed to believe that it's all going to be different this time.

The emphasis on endeavour rather than flair worries me, too.

(Again, to be fair, I wouldn't judge DP's side before a ball is kicked-I'm just going off the talk of 'hungry players' and low-budget signings.)

The pathetic Oldham loser mentality has seen us overtaken by clubs from similar towns who when we were riding high were languishing in the lower divisions in dilapidated grounds.

Matthew 7:5

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.