The BBC to come clean ......

The BT vision thingy I have has a handy replay option which lets me watch stuff from the comfort of my settee on the big telly rather than the stuttery fuzzy iplayer.

Nice.

Although if your iPlayer is stuttery you're doing it wrong.

I need a faster d/l speed but the line to the house it pretty crappy. I used to d/l the programmes to the pc first but get bored waiting so generally watch the stuff on replay.

Aye, that's a pretty great alternative.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddo. :lol:

Having seen the kind of stuff you watch / play / listen to, coupled with your evident interest in American foot(?)ball, I feel I've every right to counter with:

WEEIIIRRDOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :blink:

Now go and tease some people who DON'T know where you live, keyboard warrior....

:wink:

Very crafty move by the Beeb. Schuey is the Stig for one episode, so they can claim to be 'revealing the stig's identity' to boost viewing figures.

The moment I saw Schumacher's Fxx on the track (The only black one without Ferrari's central white 'fade-out' stripe) I knew nobody else would be driving it, then as 'Stig' walked through the studio it was clearly not the "regular" Stig, and pretty obviously more the gait and build of Michael.

Stig's wide use of the Hammerhead turn on the track is normally more typical of a Le Mans driver who seeks to retain momentum rather than the line taken in the past by the likes of Kimi, Webber and Lewis which is a 'power on into the turn' Formula One approach. Last night was clearly the latter.

There is no doubt a number of Stigs have been used (Perry McCarthy and others have admitted wearing the suit), and it would seem very highly likely that the suggestion that Ben Collins is the current 'Track testing' Stig is spot on.

I suppose if you have been one of the many people to have performed in one of the Teletubbies suits on TV, it is fair that you can say you are one of the annoying little bumbling childrens favourites. Being filmed in the Stig leathers would surely be no different. Schumacher is just one of many.

pardon? :shock:

Very crafty move by the Beeb. Schuey is the Stig for one episode, so they can claim to be 'revealing the stig's identity' to boost viewing figures.

The moment I saw Schumacher's Fxx on the track (The only black one without Ferrari's central white 'fade-out' stripe) I knew nobody else would be driving it, then as 'Stig' walked through the studio it was clearly not the "regular" Stig, and pretty obviously more the gait and build of Michael.

Stig's wide use of the Hammerhead turn on the track is normally more typical of a Le Mans driver who seeks to retain momentum rather than the line taken in the past by the likes of Kimi, Webber and Lewis which is a 'power on into the turn' Formula One approach. Last night was clearly the latter.

There is no doubt a number of Stigs have been used (Perry McCarthy and others have admitted wearing the suit), and it would seem very highly likely that the suggestion that Ben Collins is the current 'Track testing' Stig is spot on.

I suppose if you have been one of the many people to have performed in one of the Teletubbies suits on TV, it is fair that you can say you are one of the annoying little bumbling childrens favourites. Being filmed in the Stig leathers would surely be no different. Schumacher is just one of many.

Are you saying Schumacher was a telly tubby?

Hmm! Ok, bad analogy.

Formula 1 driver / Teletubby doesn't work really does it?

What I meant was that anyone who enjoys motor racing enough to recognise the different driving styles across the types, will have spotted immediately that it wasn't the usual Stig driving the ferrari Fxx.

and anyone who knows their stuff would have recognised that the Fxx used was Schumachers own (due to the unique characteristics and paint job), and no-one else would be driving it like an F1 driver other than him.

Therefore it was clearly going to be Schuey under the helmet.

The BBC craftily used the fact that Schuey had been 'Stig' to legitimately out stig (But not the regular one).

So therefore - Ah! feck it! You can't educate potatoes.... I give up!

:D

Hmm! Ok, bad analogy.

Formula 1 driver / Teletubby doesn't work really does it?

What I meant was that anyone who enjoys motor racing enough to recognise the different driving styles across the types, will have spotted immediately that it wasn't the usual Stig driving the ferrari Fxx.

and anyone who knows their stuff would have recognised that the Fxx used was Schumachers own (due to the unique characteristics and paint job), and no-one else would be driving it like an F1 driver other than him.

Therefore it was clearly going to be Schuey under the helmet.

The BBC craftily used the fact that Schuey had been 'Stig' to legitimately out stig (But not the regular one).

So therefore - Ah! feck it! You can't educate potatoes.... I give up!

:D

Eh? :shock:

Schumacher isn't the full time Stig (but he might have been for more than one episode- if its a Ferrari and he's retired it could be a possibility). It was fairly obvious that it was going to be a F1 driver (or recent F1 driver) considering the British GP is on and they are in the country. There was talk that Lewis Hamilton has been the Stig (or perhaps he was the Stig's African cousin). Its a clever concept as you can have the Stig be a very good driver for when you need him to be but when they do bits where he isn't driving (such as the race across London) you can just put a member of the production team into the suit. I doubt this Perry Collins is the Stig every time though because when they did the thing with the Germans the Stig whooped the German racing driver bloke handsomely and I don't think the cars were that different.

I AM SPATICUS.................

Oops, i mean the Stig. ^_^

Although having seen how wayward my "Driving" was on Friday Adie you know i would crash at the first corner i came to. <_<

Double oops.....who is Spaticus? Any relation to Sparticus?

I AM SPATICUS.................

Oops, i mean the Stig. ^_^

Although having seen how wayward my "Driving" was on Friday Adie you know i would crash at the first corner i came to. <_<

I was taking the diplomatic approach of not mentioning your failings on friday mate (Mainly because I fear it would come back and bite me on the arse next time out :blush: )

Oh!... And for God's sake, please don't YOU start thinking of unveiling your true self to the masses - those kids are at a very impressionable age you know....

I was taking the diplomatic approach of not mentioning your failings on friday mate (Mainly because I fear it would come back and bite me on the arse next time out :blush: )

I kept waking up in the early hours of Saturday in a cold sweat over that shot that went into the car park on the 18th :shock: i will get my revenge though. :wink:

Oh!... And for God's sake, please don't YOU start thinking of unveiling your true self to the masses - those kids are at a very impressionable age you know....

No worries on that front. Im like Clarke Kent, although people think its me they cant prove it. :lol: