Roman Bednar

Just had word from a friend of mine who works at WBA, that we've made an offer to take Bednar on a season long loan.

Apparently, we're covering a portion of his wages with WBA covering the majority, they (WBA) see this as a chance for Bednar to rebuild his career/reputation and keep fit playing regular 1st team football, following the allegations that were in the papers recently about him buying cocaine.

Now personally, I think this is a good deal for both parties as we need quality upfront and he needs first team football (and a clean slate!)

Views ?

:unsure: ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had word from a friend of mine who works at WBA, that we've made an offer to take Bednar on a season long loan.

Apparently, we're covering a portion of his wages with WBA covering the majority, they (WBA) see this as a chance for Bednar to rebuild his career/reputation and keep fit playing regular 1st team football, following the allegations that were in the papers recently about him buying cocaine.

Now personally, I think this is a good deal for both parties as we need quality upfront and he needs first team football (and a clean slate!)

Views ?

Too good for us. Cant see it happening :(

Views ?

Would like him here - but cant see it

Like I said lads, we've made an offer and its down to Bednar now to decide if he wants to play reserve team football or regular first team football.

From what my mate says we're the only ones willing to take a punt on him - maybe we're becoming every players second chance ?

Me thinks this is an attempt to get a rumour into the fabled Chron. Roman Bednar is far too good for this level, and just because there were rumours about him buying some cocaine (crack or nostril nike?- but probs nike at those prices) WBA are going to offload him on to us, nah sorry I'm not buying it. Even if he did buy the cocaine- has he been nicked, as when Kate Moss got caught sniffing cocaine she didn't have any charges levied against her. Coppers have strict rules about entrapment and I can see this not even making court, if it was true. I'm not sure the FA can suspend him on newspaper allegations, and he hasn't failed a drugs test (cocaine is very hard to fail a drugs test on for a casual user). He might have some fans chanting about it but no more.

It's understanable that you're suspicious, but I got it from a fairly reliable source. The simple fact is we've made an offer to WBA to take him on loan, the lad could yet reject us and fight for his place there.

I just think it's becoming a bit of a sad state of affairs that every time somebody on here tries to pass on some news about a possible development people assume it's an effort to hoodwink the Chronicle !!

When let's face it, they've proved in the past they're inept enough with our 'help'.

It's understanable that you're suspicious, but I got it from a fairly reliable source. The simple fact is we've made an offer to WBA to take him on loan, the lad could yet reject us and fight for his place there.

I just think it's becoming a bit of a sad state of affairs that every time somebody on here tries to pass on some news about a possible development people assume it's an effort to hoodwink the Chronicle !!

When let's face it, they've proved in the past they're inept enough with our 'help'.

You must have thought that people are going to be sceptical about this, after all he was playing in the Premiership a few month ago

Would welcome him with open arms

And DP is in the market for long term loans so lets wait and see eh