I'm turning from negative to positive

I have been thinking about what has happened recently and am pleased with the captures of Gregan and Abbott, i have more confidence for various reasons as to why we will have a decent squad hopefully. With 4 signings and maybe a loan i think we will be better than the struggling team i predicted. Comparing the possible team for this season to last we look more settled, rather than all the loans we had last season. Highlighted in bold are where i think we will improve

This season last season

gk- fleming gk crossley

lb jacobson lb jones/golbourne/lomax- uncertainty we now have our own player

rb eardley rb eardley

cb gregan cb gregan

cb hazel/new cb hazel

rw purdie/smalley rw smalley

lw taylor lw taylor

cm wothington cm allott

cm furman strong possiblity cm whittaker

st abbott st lewi/windass/any loan player (all were poor)

st new- hughes/clarke possible st hughes

subs subs

new gk flem

lomax lids

hazel/new stam

smalley/purdie maher

whittaker any other striker

o grady

lewi/brooke

so on the base of it IF we get another GK, CB, CM- furman looks likely, ST- clarke/hughes we will have a stronger more established team i think with little amounts of loans like we always do.

More positive roll on signings and august

I have been thinking about what has happened recently and am pleased with the captures of Gregan and Abbott, i have more confidence for various reasons as to why we will have a decent squad hopefully. With 4 signings and maybe a loan i think we will be better than the struggling team i predicted. Comparing the possible team for this season to last we look more settled, rather than all the loans we had last season. Highlighted in bold are where i think we will improve

This season last season

gk- fleming gk crossley

I'd be surprised if Fleming started the season as our number 1 'keeper.

Obviously has potential but being young still needs to work on his decision making and communication.

This season last season

gk- fleming gk crossley

lb jacobson lb jones/golbourne/lomax- uncertainty we now have our own player

rb eardley rb eardley

cb gregan cb gregan

cb hazel/new cb hazel

rw purdie/smalley rw smalley

lw taylor lw taylor

cm wothington cm allott

cm furman strong possiblity cm whittaker

st abbott st lewi/windass/any loan player (all were poor)

st new- hughes/clarke possible st hughes

subs subs

new gk flem

lomax lids

hazel/new stam

smalley/purdie maher

whittaker any other striker

o grady

lewi/brooke

so on the base of it IF we get another GK, CB, CM- furman looks likely, ST- clarke/hughes we will have a stronger more established team i think with little amounts of loans like we always do.

More positive roll on signings and august

Dean " I'm turning from negative to positive because I'm not on my period today ''...... you are off your head, Dean. One day you say one thing, the next you say something totally different. I think it all depends upon what time of the month it is with you....

Edited by Yard Dog

Based on the team we have NOW this is what i would start against stockport..

Fleming

Jacobson - Gregan - Hazel - Eardley

Taylor - Worthington - Smalley

Puride

Abbott - Lewi

MY Own opinion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee could also play in the centre attackin mid role u got purdie in, taylor and smalley could aswell

remember if penney takes joe's advice

we might be seein taylor up front next season, also smalley could be one for upfront