MMA Thread

UFC:105 Manchester Update:

Dan Hardy will fight Mike Swick as a #1 contender bout...

Dong Hyun Kim was forced to pull out of his bout with Dan Hardy due to an injury. He will be replaced by Mike Swick. The winner of Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy will receive a title shot vs GSP in early 2010.

At least this fight means something now, this will be my most awaited fight of the night...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class. He ain't the best, but he's a great competitor. I think he's superb...

D'y see his entrances in DREAM? The one with the girls in DREAM.9 was super duper.

While I'm here - DREAM.11 was fought out today - I can't wait to see it, it was a decent card. I know Minowaman beat Hun Man Choi, and I think Warren got beat too...

WEC_43_poster.jpg

October 10, 2009, AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX.

(fight was scheduled for Sept.2nd)

Main Card

* Interim Lightweight Championship bout: Donald Cerrone vs.Ben Henderson

* Lightweight bout: Richard Crunkilton vs. Dave Jansen

* Featherweight bout: Rafael Assuncao vs. Yves Jabouin

* Bantamweight bout: Damacio Page vs. Will Campuzano

Undercard

* Lightweight bout: Anthony Njokuani vs. Muhsin Corbbrey

* Bantamweight bout: Scott Jorgensen vs. Noah Thomas

* Featherweight bout: Wagnney Fabiano vs. Mackens Semerzier

* Bantamweight bout: Eddie Wineland vs. Manny Tapia

* Bantamweight bout: Charlie Valencia vs. Coty Wheeler

* Featherweight bout: Javier Vazquez vs. Deividas Taurosevicius

• 2 weeks later...

Poster_d12.jpg

DREAM.12 in Japan this Sunday sees a juiced up Alistair Overeem go against Rochdale's own James Thompson. Lamb to the slaughter springs to mind, but he's a big lad too and sports a 14-9 MMA record 9 of those wins by way of KO including Don Frye and Dan Severn, so it'll be explosive. Overeem will be just too much for him though I reckon. Thompson has already lost out to the likes of Kimbo Slice, and Brett Rogers in the past.

Anyway - all the best James, good luck son...

:England:

DREAM.12 in Japan this Sunday sees a juiced up Alistair Overeem go against Rochdale's own James Thompson. Lamb to the slaughter springs to mind, but he's a big lad too and sports a 14-9 MMA record 9 of those wins by way of KO including Don Frye and Dan Severn, so it'll be explosive. Overeem will be just too much for him though I reckon. Thompson has already lost out to the likes of Kimbo Slice, and Brett Rogers in the past.

Overeem is ridiculously "chisled" these days, still, that is one hell of a standing Guillotine he's got.

Did you see the Rua / Machida fight? They have to look at changing the judging criteria for MMA, that decision was simply unbelievable.

Overeem is in some sort of self-imposed exile - he knows he is not allowed to fight in the US due to his alleged steroid taking. So he can't defend his Strikeforce title, it's a farce. I saw him in a K-1 fight earlier on on the month and everything Peter Aerts hit him with bounced off. Having said that, Overeem is very agile for a big bloke, he loves those flying knees....

K-1 WGP Final 16

DREAM.12

---------------------

As much as I like Machida, he was well beaten - and the rematch won't rectify the situation either. It was a bit of a mess.

November 7th, Sears Centre, IL.

Strikeforce_Fedor_vs_Rogers_poster.jpg

Main card

* Heavyweight bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers

* Middleweight Championship bout: Jake Shields vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller

* Light Heavyweight bout:Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

* Heavyweight bout: Fabricio Werdum vs. Antonio Silva

November 7th, Sears Centre, IL.

* Heavyweight bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers

* Middleweight Championship bout: Jake Shields vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller

* Light Heavyweight bout:Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

* Heavyweight bout: Fabricio Werdum vs. Antonio Silva

This will now be shown on Bravo on Sunday 8th, from what I can gather it will be the full show and not an edited highlights package.

I will be placing money on Rogers, I smells an upset :shock:

This will now be shown on Bravo on Sunday 8th, from what I can gather it will be the full show and not an edited highlights package.

I dunno, I still think this win is well within Fedor's capability. Should still be interesting though. Looking forward to the Miller - Shields confrontation, if it goes to the floor too much I suspect a Shields win...

UFC:105 Manchester Update:

Dan Hardy will fight Mike Swick as a #1 contender bout...

Dong Hyun Kim was forced to pull out of his bout with Dan Hardy due to an injury. He will be replaced by Mike Swick. The winner of Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy will receive a title shot vs GSP in early 2010.

At least this fight means something now, this will be my most awaited fight of the night...

UFC_105_Couture_vs_Vera_poster.jpg

Is it just me that's going? :lol:

FFS.

Decided to give it a miss on Sat and just watch on TV instead.

Purely a financial decision, it will still be £50+ blagging a top tier ticket of a tout when you factor in parking etc...

Quite gutted at missing seeing Randy fight live though.

FFS.

Decided to give it a miss on Sat and just watch on TV instead.

Purely a financial decision, it will still be £50+ blagging a top tier ticket of a tout when you factor in parking etc...

Quite gutted at missing seeing Randy fight live though.

Shame that, I was going to suggest a meet if there were a few off here going. I'm going with a mate that I train with, but the more the merrier....

Shame that, I was going to suggest a meet if there were a few off here going. I'm going with a mate that I train with, but the more the merrier....

Definately get something sorted for the next one...

I've already had to knock away games on the head for the time being, and can't justify spending on something I can watch for free at home (this must be what it feels like to be a Premier League fan).

Great show last night!

Ross Pearson looked awesome, Bispings' second round performance was the best of his career (HUGE win that one), The Outlaw vs GSP :grin: ...

Thought the main event could have gone either way, but Randy always seems to get the rub with his "I will hold you against the cage" tactics.

Also, massive news breaking after the show...

Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and it will be some time as to when he will fight again.

Lesnar, 32, went to Canada last week to try to get some rest, collapsed, and was rushed to the hospital. He has mono and also something else that he has requested confidentiality with the UFC as to what it is. Dana White said tonight that he promised Lesnar to keep the disease private, and said he doesn't have cancer or AIDS. It is, however, extremely serious and there are at least two things wrong and there may be more.

Dana White is heading to Minnesota and will be working to get Lesnar to the Mayo Clinic or equivalent medical facility for treatment.

Also, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has a very serious staph infection and his fight with Cain Velasquez at UFC 108 is off. Nogueira will need an IV to hopefully get the infection out.

With Lesnar out indefinitely, Shane Carwin has undergone knee surgery, so he will not be available to face Velasquez at UFC 108.

The undercard hosted some of the best fights I have ever seen. Truly a fantastic evening of MMA, this was my first UFC event, and having seen other MMA live events I was skeptical - but I would recommend this to anybody. I'll be doing it again definitely.

Roll on the MSA Muay Thai Premier League in March...

men_1257440513_MSA_Event_Page.jpg