Latics Offers

Good to see the club putting some offers on for pre-season. Think it's a great idea they are offering discounts for the home games. £15 to watch 2 games against higher opposition isn't bad at all. The kit offer isn't bad either for those who didn't get the away kit last year.

Good to see more commercial activity around the club and I hope it continues, it was really lacking last season. It's good to see the club doing something.

Good to see the club putting some offers on for pre-season. Think it's a great idea they are offering discounts for the home games. £15 to watch 2 games against higher opposition isn't bad at all. The kit offer isn't bad either for those who didn't get the away kit last year.

Good to see more commercial activity around the club and I hope it continues, it was really lacking last season. It's good to see the club doing something.

What's the kit offer?

Hardly a lot of commercial activity. A couple of tickets for pre-season friendlies at a discount... Virgin won't be shaking in their shoes. Look at Bradford City for real marketing.

I never said it was a lot but it's good to see something happening! Suppose you can never win with latics fans, moan when nothing happens, moan when something happens because it's not good enough!

Micky Quinn was quoting Bradford as a good example of how thay have managed to get and maintain 13,000 seasonticket holders. A mix of buy one get one free and low low prices.

And I'm not moaning, just saying that the commercial activity at BP is very low profile. OK, they may be tied up sorting match sponsors but I see relatively nothing to entice the ordinary supporter.

What would I do?

Think about an indoor market stalls selling goods/tickets in Oldham, Ashton and Middleton. It could be a mix of JD Sports stuff as well.

Sell lottery tickets (scratch cards) on the high street.

Get a few local pubs to run quizes on a weekly basis to raise money for the club/Christies Oldham

Get Phil Woolas to obtain some more European money for pay for a professional fund raiser for both the club and the town charities

Micky Quinn was quoting Bradford as a good example of how thay have managed to get and maintain 13,000 seasonticket holders. A mix of buy one get one free and low low prices.

And I'm not moaning, just saying that the commercial activity at BP is very low profile. OK, they may be tied up sorting match sponsors but I see relatively nothing to entice the ordinary supporter.

What would I do?

Think about an indoor market stalls selling goods/tickets in Oldham, Ashton and Middleton. It could be a mix of JD Sports stuff as well.

Sell lottery tickets (scratch cards) on the high street.

Get a few local pubs to run quizes on a weekly basis to raise money for the club/Christies Oldham

Get Phil Woolas to obtain some more European money for pay for a professional fund raiser for both the club and the town charities

Ashton market possibly but with oldham market as it is you would probably be spending more than you would be getting back

and im not sure you would get money from eu for this sort of thing

put bums on empty seats...the same as hudders

The thing with hudders is, that there was already intrest in the club around the town before they started the discounts and offers, something we dont have! Also, thier offer last season was also done at a significant loss, on the basis that they had someone willing to throw silly money at the club!

As a result of an innovative 2007 scheme whereby ticket prices were slashed to £138 per season on the condition that sufficient supporters signed up to the offer

Think this is where we got the 70 quid cash back offer if we reached a certain amount of buyers?

Good point too that it's roughly halved the price of season tickets, yet got double the amount of fans buying them so they've not really lost out much.

Would other Latics fans like a scheme like this at BP?

I would like to see it, would rather us play in front of 8/9000 than the 4/5000 we get

Does the club still charge extortionate amounts for postage?

The last time I was tempted to buy anything on-line I cancelled the order when I saw the ridiculous sums they wanted.

How about free delivery if you spend 50 pounds?