Direct Action

I think they'd probably say that a third party came to them with this info and, as such, they haven't broken an embargo.

thing is all news goes through the editor, who im sure has been contacted by oldham council and oldham athletic regarding information as alan has stated that they asked them not to report until they have details and all the relevant questions and parties have been accounted for.

but they printed it anyway,

yes thats right chron its an outrage fans asking for better facilities for their club

lets just waste all our money on them fecking waterfalls in oldham town centre again!

lets just waste all our money on them fecking waterfalls in oldham town centre again!

That was a cracker wasn't it? Our very own B of the Bang. That said, far, far greater sums of money are wasted by our society on bizzare initiatives. So that makes it ok... :wink:

OR the blue crappy uncomfortable seats in front of the amusements across from Halifax....or the new bus station that was hell when windy over winter and slippery when wet.

Boycott the Chron, I've only ever brought it once in my life. Its a :censored: to get hold off outside Oldham and to be frank I would only ever read it to get Latics news but this site is usually much more reliable (especially as anything decent from the Chron gets put in here 5 mins later). I've said time and time again that the Chron is a waste of space and we should have told them where to stick the 'offical partnership' ages ago but it has taken a newspaper journo doing his job (like OS says) for Alan Hardy to wake up and smell the coffee. This is a decision which for me looks worse on Latics than it does on Oldham (newspaper embargo- if you don't want the newspapers to find summat out until wednesday you tell them after Tues paper has gone to its last print- its not rocket science).

I think they'd probably say that a third party came to them with this info and, as such, they haven't broken an embargo.

Are you saying some kind of reporter has some kind of contact. No chance.

FFS people. There's a difference between what is a newspaper is doing for its own good, you know reporting a story, and what a football clubs interest is. They aren't the same.

It's about time OUR club really stretched itself towards the newspaper, and not the other way round.

Sorry, I quite like Alan, but this is moaning about our own clubs inaefficiencies. Sort themselves out - get an agreement going with both MEN and the OC with stories instead of this constant bollocks bickering. I'm sick of it, and it's our fault.

Sorry, I quite like Alan, but this is moaning about our own clubs inaefficiencies. Sort themselves out - get an agreement going with both MEN and the OC with stories instead of this constant bollocks bickering. I'm sick of it, and it's our fault.

Im sorry but did they even contact us before writing this, matter of fact when was the last time they contacted us to confirm?

when was the last time you heard the chron report latics side of the story?

and when he contacts local papers asking them not to report until all partys are addressed im sure that means dont report on it till we can talk to them

but they do anyway,

the club has tried in the past but thing is the chron will report anything for that 1st exclusive

Im sorry but did they even contact us before writing this, matter of fact when was the last time they contacted us to confirm?

when was the last time you heard the chron report latics side of the story?

and when he contacts local papers asking them not to report until all partys are addressed im sure that means dont report on it till we can talk to them

but they do anyway,

the club has tried in the past but thing is the chron will report anything for that 1st exclusive

Exactly. The Chron are clearly just out for their own interests and as far as I'm concerned can Jog on. I think they've finally burned their bridges with Latics - who've been far more patient than I could have been with them.

Exactly. The Chron are clearly just out for their own interests and as far as I'm concerned can Jog on. I think they've finally burned their bridges with Latics - who've been far more patient than I could have been with them.

he gave them a chance by naming them official media partners,

I remember when I had an idea for latics to raise money they invited me in, AH made me a brew talked over what i had to say listened to my ideas told me his plans and was always very corteous,

now if the chron would have approached latics im sure they would have welcomed them and talked to them