Failsworth!

I never saw that one coming! I'd be amazed if the council blocked this one, sounds like it's been sorted out "ahead of time" so to speak after the last incident. Whitehall would stamp on them if they blocked any brownfield development at the moment anyway.

I know it's for the best, but I finally know that BP is going, and I have sadness in my heart.

I can't figure out why it isn't viable to build the stadium on the current site and houses on the proposed? How would the numbers crunch much differently? Sure, we would be forced to ground share but I wonder whether the Failsworth site was just preference...

I'll be sad to see BP go too - I'm still gutted about the Lookers!!

It's strange; I'm an overly sentimental fool usually, yet the news that we're leaving BP has stirred no emotion in me at all.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to get worked up over it given that 1) we all already knew anyway and 2) we'll believe it when the stands go up at the new stadium, we've kind of heard all this before.

But if it does come off....i can't say i like it, but there's a lot i don't like about modern football. We can't carry on as we are, and we could do a lot worse.

Edited by rosa

I can't figure out why it isn't viable to build the stadium on the current site and houses on the proposed? How would the numbers crunch much differently?

With apologies to people from Failsworth, but if you look at the property prices round there and ask yourself where you would rather buy a house, you will find the answer.

I know it's for the best, but I finally know that BP is going, and I have sadness in my heart.

+1

It would be easier to take if it were being moved to the Tameside or Rochdale borders where there is plenty of respect for latics, but unfortunately it is being moved where the neighbours have total disregard for a proper grass roots side, prefering to feign allegiance to cash-fuelled success stories.

I never saw that one coming! I'd be amazed if the council blocked this one, sounds like it's been sorted out "ahead of time" so to speak after the last incident. Whitehall would stamp on them if they blocked any brownfield development at the moment anyway.

6 months in the planning...

Sadness here too...

But for the economic climate change it'd all be different. We don't get any :censored: luck...

My major concern with it is that we are moving right into City country. A decent size support of latics fans comes from Royton, Shaw, Derker, Even going in to Rochdale, Kirkholt etc, but this move would take us away from them. MCFC backed by the arabs are only going to gain support and trying to pinch fans from them will be impossible. It'll also stop people from a few from the above places from going to games (not many admitedly). I think we are moving out of our heartland of support into an area we wont attract floaters from.

BUT.....

I'm pleased we have a board who seem genuinely motivated to keep us going as best as they can.

Sadness here too...

But for the economic climate change it'd all be different. We don't get any :censored:ing luck...

Yes, if the council hadn't done what they did then we would have been gold medal winners out of the downturn in property. But bollocks to that. What's done is done, I am raising a glass to the future, and a glass to the past.

Sadness here too...

But for the economic climate change it'd all be different. We don't get any :censored:ing luck...

Or residents pissing and moaning at any opportunity. Well the end could be near for BP but there could be a very different view for the residents. They'll be begging us to stay when the plans are released for the new development at BP :grin:

Or residents pissing and moaning at any opportunity. Well the end could be near for BP but there could be a very different view for the residents. They'll be begging us to stay when the plans are released for the new development at BP :grin:

Or the last thing to happen at BP was the land drilling for the ground survey. The land may be good enough for house but not what tta proposed.

With apologies to people from Failsworth, but if you look at the property prices round there and ask yourself where you would rather buy a house, you will find the answer.

Have a look at the house prices in chadderton for example not much difference , what is it with people on here slagging failsworth of like its some sort of s*** hole plenty worse places to live in the borough of oldham!

Have a look at the house prices in chadderton for example not much difference , what is it with people on here slagging failsworth of like its some sort of s*** hole plenty worse places to live in the borough of oldham!

+1

It would be easier to take if it were being moved to the Tameside or Rochdale borders where there is plenty of respect for latics, but unfortunately it is being moved where the neighbours have total disregard for a proper grass roots side, prefering to feign allegiance to cash-fuelled success stories.

But isn't that what 90% of the population of Oldham are like anyway?

Bring it on.

If no one wants to travel to Citeh country then seya later. And it's absolute tosh to say that they're all Citeh fans down there and none would dream of coming to watch OAFC.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it's not like Citeh sell out? If they wanted to go they could. Ok, this season they may sell out, so the 'ground full' signs will be up now for years to come.

Anyway, back to Latics. BP is a ---- hole and has been since virtually every club in the country have started to move or redevelop. We can't. Now we can.

Credit to TTA for constantly looking for the club to evolve and having a vision that pushes the boundaries. I'd like to see them look at the Bradford model of season tickets though.

E4e

FSWTH

Not many to be fair. You should be happy, because your area is a dump Latics are moving their new stadium near your house. You won't have to hitch a ride to ground anymore.

My major concern with it is that we are moving right into City country. A decent size support of latics fans comes from Royton, Shaw, Derker, Even going in to Rochdale, Kirkholt etc, but this move would take us away from them. MCFC backed by the arabs are only going to gain support and trying to pinch fans from them will be impossible. It'll also stop people from a few from the above places from going to games (not many admitedly). I think we are moving out of our heartland of support into an area we wont attract floaters from.

BUT.....

I'm pleased we have a board who seem genuinely motivated to keep us going as best as they can.

agree 100%...i cant see us gaining extra fans moving nearer to mcfc.but in the the end its the product on the pitch

that will increase supporters

I live in Failsworth and my house is worth in the current economic climate £250-270k. My nieghbours house would probably fetch £350-400k.

I take it you're not an Estate Agent?