Anti-Failsworth move begins..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somehow i think famousfuller is against the idea :wink:

I can understand their concerns though. I wouldn't want Latics building a football ground behind my house in Chadderton (Oh hang on - yes I would, but unfortunately it aint gonna happen).

cant somebody start a pro move page?

not that id join it yet, until i see what is happening with dynamos..

Done!

I've also added one that states we must remain as Oldham Athletic, no matter where we play. I know some aren't too worried and I know others are spewing this has got out but from little acorns the Franchise Bastard MK Dons was born. This 'idea' must not even be allowed to get off the ground.

Sorry but whilst supporting the principle a related site of Ian Moores a :censored: hardly adds cred

surely it needs a complete fresh page, keeping to the issues to the point.

I see its been changed...thanks it does matter.

(He is though!!!!)

Nowt to do with me that one mate! But adjusted the settings anyway.

Edited by oafcprozac

Andrew West wrote

at 10:08am

Andrea Lynch true blonde relating ur comment of the bnp to oldham athletic silly girl the bnp are everywhere and have nothing to do with oldham athletic does the bnp have a possition on the oldham board NO!! so ur comment is invalid simpleton

Delete

Andrew West wrote

at 10:00am

sad people i cant wait to take a dump in our m35 post code stadium toilet thinking as the last drop falls in it giving manchester a right stink

Apparently I live in a shanty town slum…just never realised it… guess I am used to it. Nurture and all that.

Will you put some money into my MacDonalds cup when I am begging outside BP before the game on Saturday… course I won’t be going in, can’t afford it… I will just listen outside. Hope it’s not as quiet as usual.

In all seriousness though Hallamblue and Prendy 1984, there was some interesting reading there.

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/neighbours-in-m35.html was just funny though.

They also like to listen to light classical music

Interest in current affairs – Low

However, putting my postode in was pretty accurate, so maybe there are locals who shut themselves in the house all day to listen to classical music at the possible expense of knowing what the hell is going on in the world around them.

In my time here I have not heard of much crime, not seen many (if any) boarded up houses, not seen thousand of huge obese people wandering the streets looking like a heart attack is imminent, no beggers or homeless people. Locals seem ok, generally seems a nice place to live to me. I can only take it as I have found it.

Hopefully this development and the coming tram facilities will raise the profile of my town.

Anyway, welcome to Failsworth Oldhamer's.

t561752602_3449.jpg

:ranting:

Andrea, Firstly I am an Oldham fan as you can probably tell.

I can understand some Failsworth Residents being opposed to a football ground being built near their homes for various reasons.

BUT I cannot believe you openly and so publicly share your completely idiotic views that Oldham Athletic Football Club and its fans are prominent BNP supporters or have any links with the BNP?

Are you that much of a naïve imbecile to think that your puerile attempt at slanderous propaganda would infect the minds of decent people from failsworth and have them believe that we as Oldham fans support the BNP in such a stalwart way as you so proudly imply, all in order to try and get them behind your objection to the building of a community stadium and conform to your way of thinking?

Andrea I seriously suggest that if you want your objection to have any credit or substance about it at all,

Then you change your approach and end the slanderous and liable drivel you share online.

I dislike this andrea ‘person’ quite a lot!

Okay I might be wrong here, so please somebody feel free to correct me.

Littleborough is a town/village on the outskirts of Rochdale that falls under the Rochdale Borough Council

Royton is also a town/village on the outskirts of Oldham and its control falls under the Oldham Borough Council

Lees is a village that is in the town of Oldham and its control falls under the Oldham Borough Council

Failsworth is a town/village that is located on the Oldham and Manchester border and falls under the control of the Oldham Borough Council.

So at what point in time did people from Failsworth decide that the rules don't apply to them and that infact they are from Manchester. The only way they are from Manchester is the same as everybody else from Oldham and that is the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham is within the Metropolitan County of Greater Manchester (just as those who live in Heathershaw, Limeside, Fitton Hill, Waterhead, Sholver, Derker, Moorside, Springhead Holts, Greenacres, St Mary's, Glodwick etc).

Its like when people from Saddleworth say their from Yorkshire, they aren't they just think they are.

Furthermore, if anything should the people of Failsworth not consider themselves to be apart of Ashton. Its 2.7 miles to Ashton, 2.9 miles to Oldham and 4.2 miles from Manchester.

Surely the people of Failsworth should just accept that they are just 'another' area that make up the town of Oldham just as those area's that I mentioned above.

Again if I'm wrong then I will be glad to be informed otherwise.

As for the Oldham BNP brush. Well my argument above would indicate that since Failsworth falls under Oldham and we are all supposed to be BNP supporting idiots then they are just calling themselves racists are they not? I had the mis-pleasure of attending that game eight (YES 8) years ago and witnessed first hand that almost 99% of the trouble caused that day was by the Stoke City fans that had made the journey up. Yes Oldham has its 'firm' (just like the majority of the clubs in the country, including the Media perfect Manchester United and trendy Manchester City who the the majority of the Failsworth mob no doubt support) and some of that hardcore element was involved during the days events. Also the 'actual' riots took place in Glodwick and I would be amazed if there was one BNP supporting Oldham fan present that night once the violence started.

So just to sum up, Failsworth is in Oldham NOT Manchester and Oldham Athletic are NOT a breeding ground for the BNP and if we are then so is every single football club in the North West.

Edited by millsy82

This has really p :censored: ed me off. The people of failsworth are being plain old mard arses. Latics are basically putting failsworth on the map. Today i was reading about some scum bag from failsworth who took some mans eye out for fun !

We will create more jobs and more places for kids to go play football and keep off the streets but yet this is a big F***ing problem ! What happened when stoke came was a one off thing because i carnt remeber ANYTHING like that happening since.

TTA are trying to make oldham a succesfull football team and there is nout wrong with that. All these people who are against it, i can put 5 years wages on that they will still go to the new stadium and watch latics.

Yeah so what if it has a Manchester post code. Rochdale have a oldham post code. It dosent mean anything the spirit of Oldham Athletic will still be with all the Loyal latics fans who will still be attending games at The stadium.

No matter what i will still watch latics and will do until the day i die.

OLDHAM TILL I DIE !!

Okay I might be wrong here, so please somebody feel free to correct me.

Littleborough is a town/village on the outskirts of Rochdale that falls under the Rochdale Borough Council

Royton is also a town/village on the outskirts of Oldham and its control falls under the Oldham Borough Council

Lees is a village that is in the town of Oldham and its control falls under the Oldham Borough Council

Failsworth is a town/village that is located on the Oldham and Manchester border and falls under the control of the Oldham Borough Council.

So at what point in time did people from Failsworth decide that the rules don't apply to them and that infact they are from Manchester. The only way they are from Manchester is the same as everybody else from Oldham and that is the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham is within the Metropolitan County of Greater Manchester (just as those who live in Heathershaw, Limeside, Fitton Hill, Waterhead, Sholver, Derker, Moorside, Springhead Holts, Greenacres, St Mary's, Glodwick etc).

Its like when people from Saddleworth say their from Yorkshire, they aren't they just think they are.

Furthermore, if anything should the people of Failsworth not consider themselves to be apart of Ashton. Its 2.7 miles to Ashton, 2.9 miles to Oldham and 4.2 miles from Manchester.

Surely the people of Failsworth should just accept that they are just 'another' area that make up the town of Oldham just as those area's that I mentioned above.

Again if I'm wrong then I will be glad to be informed otherwise.

As for the Oldham BNP brush. Well my argument above would indicate that since Failsworth falls under Oldham and we are all supposed to be BNP supporting idiots then they are just calling themselves racists are they not? I had the mis-pleasure of attending that game eight (YES 8) years ago and witnessed first hand that almost 99% of the trouble caused that day was by the Stoke City fans that had made the journey up. Yes Oldham has its 'firm' (just like the majority of the clubs in the country, including the Media perfect Manchester United and trendy Manchester City who the the majority of the Failsworth mob no doubt support) and some of that hardcore element was involved during the days events. Also the 'actual' riots took place in Glodwick and I would be amazed if there was one BNP supporting Oldham fan present that night once the violence started.

So just to sum up, Failsworth is in Oldham NOT Manchester and Oldham Athletic are NOT a breeding ground for the BNP and if we are then so is every single football club in the North West.

What you're saying is technically correct, but it isn't as simple as that. The reason why possibly (these things can never be verified) a majority of Failsworth people identify with Manchester is because so many of them hail from the city. Failsworth has never been part of Manchester, but ever since that semi-rural area began to expand in the 1960s, it's been a popular choice for many residents of inner-city Manchester who wanted something better as their own areas entered decline. Those who moved up in the sixties and seventies have continued to regard themselves as Mancunians, as do their Failsworth-born offspring, and the 1974 boundary change and who they pay their Council Tax to changes this not one bit.

As far as I've ever been able to tell, Failsworth is pretty evenly split between City and United, with a thin scattering of Latics fans (often those who were won over after experimental trips to BP for big games). Attitudes towards Latics veer between indulgently wishing us well to complete indifference through downright bloody-minded hostility-with all three attitudes sometimes embodied in the same person.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

That andrea is a typical women going on over fek all maybe she should look at all the killings in manchester before making dribble up

You're not the bloke who's replied to her on Facebook, who thinks the best way to argue with her opinion that Oldham fans are all narrow minded bigots is to tell her to shut up and get back in the kitchen, are you?

who

someone replied to her with this:

stop dreaming rubbish up and do what ur good at and stay in the kitchen

which possibly wasn't the best counter-argument. :wink:

i'm gonna have to stop reading that facebook page because she really is annoying me beyond all sense. Had to laugh at this comment:

The BNP issue is a two line enquiry in my letter and as soon as I hear from the club that they are doing all they can to ensure that far right groups don't have a place within their fanbase and that they have a sound strategy for dealing with such groups should they apear, then I'll feel much better about it, particularly as I have two young children.
Oh good, the 'my opinion's worth more than yours because i've managed to pop a kid out' argument.

maybe i'm getting pedantic in my old age but her inability to spell the word 'fascist' properly is almost more annoying than her ridiculous hysterical generalisations about Oldham fans.