New Mascot - possible merger

I have heard a rumour that the club are taking advantage of the forthcoming closure of the Chadderton Road End and are looking to bring Lancy the Giraffe in to cover us out of the cricket season. Whilst I respect Lancy for his very long neck and extremely disturbing sneezing sounds, I feel that his inability to move at more than 1 mph, and the fact that he finds a line of matchstick boxes to be an almost insurrmountable obstacle, I am yet to be convinced that he is a signing that shows any ambition from the club. Are we going to consign ourselves to having a second hand mascot while our neighbours forge ahead and overtake us?

I have heard a rumour that the club are taking advantage of the forthcoming closure of the Chadderton Road End and are looking to bring Lancy the Giraffe in to cover us out of the cricket season. Whilst I respect Lancy for his very long neck and extremely disturbing sneezing sounds, I feel that his inability to move at more than 1 mph, and the fact that he finds a line of matchstick boxes to be an almost insurrmountable obstacle, I am yet to be convinced that he is a signing that shows any ambition from the club. Are we going to consign ourselves to having a second hand mascot while our neighbours forge ahead and overtake us?

He has room to improve... heard he just bought some giant sneakers...

Excellent post.

It's now clear that, due to the lack of foresight during our halycon days, decline set in at the worst time possible. Lancy will be nothing but the latest false dawn as we are likely consigned to a future without a mascot.

:grin:

I believe that unless we get a 75 foot giraffe, we are doomed. It's not about having a mascot that is appropriate to our needs, it's about the board making statement to all the other clubs in the area. But have you thought about having a white elephant instead..

:grin:

I believe that unless we get a 75 foot giraffe, we are doomed. It's not about having a mascot that is appropriate to our needs, it's about the board making statement to all the other clubs in the area. But have you thought about having a white elephant instead..

IF we are to have an elephant, it will have my unquestioned support regardless of colour or creed.

Although the grey ones are a bit lazy and don’t like shifting logs in the winter months.

IF we are to have an elephant, it will have my unquestioned support regardless of colour or creed.

Although the grey ones are a bit lazy and don’t like shifting logs in the winter months.

At half-time we could have elephant polo on the plastic training pitch, visible through the windows at the back of the stands in the new stadium and beamed onto a big screen for those in the other stands. The possibilities are endless.