Milk Cup 2010

Has anybody seen on the BBC website the link to the Milk Cup about to get underway in Northern Ireland? It is a youth tournement that attracts clubs from all over the world. I noticed one of the teams competing in this years tournement was Swindon Town. This got me thinking, wouldn't it be great to see a Latics youth team competing against some of the best teams from around the globe. We seem to have a strong youth team so I can only see it as being benifical to the club if we could enter a team into next years tournement.

Here's a link to the site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/milkcup/about.shtml

and the teams competing http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/milkcup/map/index.shtml

Has anybody seen on the BBC website the link to the Milk Cup about to get underway in Northern Ireland? It is a youth tournement that attracts clubs from all over the world. I noticed one of the teams competing in this years tournement was Swindon Town. This got me thinking, wouldn't it be great to see a Latics youth team competing against some of the best teams from around the globe. We seem to have a strong youth team so I can only see it as being benifical to the club if we could enter a team into next years tournement.

Here's a link to the site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/milkcup/about.shtml

and the teams competing http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/milkcup/map/index.shtml

Corry Evans is a good player - Jonny Evans brother

My family are from that part of Ireland. I used to go for the whole of the 6 week holidays back when i was a kid.

I remember around 10 years ago watching a game including a team from South America and being in awe at the skill they posessed.

I also remember United being scheduled to play at the ground near me and it being compeletely sold out even though 3 sides of the pitch were standing room only!!

Very very Interesting to watch

Its a great event - I live right in the middle of it all.

Go to it every year and remember seeing a Mr Beckham a number of years ago - would love to see a young Oldham team come over it would be a fantastic learning curve.

Believe Dean Furman played in the Milk Cup some years ago for Chelsea and helped Chelsea get to the final v Barcelona, but received a yellow in the semi final v Porto, being the 2nd yellow of the tournament for him, went on to score a penalty in a penalty shootout but was suspended for the final. Man U lost to Barcelona in the semis. Chelsea went on to lose 1-0 to Barca in the finals. It is a fantastic tournament and the people from Northern Ireland were warm and hospitable. Its a fantastic international tournament.

My family are from that part of Ireland. I used to go for the whole of the 6 week holidays back when i was a kid.

I remember around 10 years ago watching a game including a team from South America and being in awe at the skill they posessed.

I also remember United being scheduled to play at the ground near me and it being compeletely sold out even though 3 sides of the pitch were standing room only!!

Very very Interesting to watch

I also spent many school holidays over there, not been for ages now since nobody has got married or, thankfully, died in recent years. That tournament completely passed me by somehow, I guess pre internet days and if none of the family over there were fussed I suppose you could just never know.

I also spent many school holidays over there, not been for ages now since nobody has got married or, thankfully, died in recent years. That tournament completely passed me by somehow, I guess pre internet days and if none of the family over there were fussed I suppose you could just never know.

That's it, I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for my granda mentioning it.

Andy Ritchie Hair Gel (Son of Alan Groves Perm) off here is playing for Burnley in that Tournament.

He will be in the under 16's this season, but has been asked to play in the tournament for the youth team.

I reckon we should do a Porter on the Dingles. Well it is another country up in them there hills.

Cheers,

Harry

Andy Ritchie Hair Gel (Son of Alan Groves Perm) off here is playing for Burnley in that Tournament.

He will be in the under 16's this season, but has been asked to play in the tournament for the youth team.

I reckon we should do a Porter on the Dingles. Well it is another country up in them there hills.

Cheers,

Harry

Hi six to that pal,

He is having an amazing experience.

They lost 0-1 on Monday to County Londonderry (Kyle started the game and was subbed 10 minutes into the second half)

Then lost 3-5 to a team from Russia yesterday (Kyle was an unused sub which he was miffed about)

They drew 0-0 today to County Fermanagh (Kyle played the full match and his coach said "he bossed it" - he is buzzing tonight)

Tomorrow they play a team from Peru

He is in a house with 5 teamates and a chaparone that cooks for them, makes sure they are in bed at curfew (11 o'clock) at gets them up. They train each morning, have a little snooze after dinner then taken to their game later.

They have physios and a masseuer and are treated like first team pros. Truely amazing set up and a phenominal experience for a 15 year old to play with 17 and 18 year olds.

Hope they sign him on as pro next season and go on the same tour (hopefully with Tics youth as well). Fancy it Harry ??? :wink: