Proposed new stadium: Open Forum on 10th August

300 tickets available in Club Shop at £2 to guarantee definite attendance and on a first come basis.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1738968,00.html

Why is it that any time I hear of something like this I just think it will be a nightmare.... the 300 people who feel the strongest against the stadium will be in the room... anyone who is happy or just indifferent normally stays away...

Just ends up a forum of abuse....

Why is it that any time I hear of something like this I just think it will be a nightmare.... the 300 people who feel the strongest against the stadium will be in the room... anyone who is happy or just indifferent normally stays away...

Just ends up a forum of abuse....

One could always wait for the Trusts meeting on this important issue. I am sure Barry and Co will be advising the membership. I guess the £600 will cover the leccy.

The money less hire charges from school should go straight to charity. :) ... or allotment holders :mmm:

Actually keeping the cash will look bad, can see why its being done that way but money should perhaps go to dynamos?

Nah, stick it all in the new ground fighting fund. Besides Dynamoes and turf crunchers are in the grand scheme with compo and new grounds provided.

Edited by Lags

I think it's sad that you have to pay to get in. What's up with holding it in the stand as per one a few seasons back?

All monies raised are going into the new ground fighting fund. Lets hope it doesn't follow the Wilf Mannion fund into that big black hole along with sports park, BP redevelopment etc.

All monies raised are going into the new ground fighting fund. Lets hope it doesn't follow the Wilf Mannion fund into that big black hole along with sports park, BP redevelopment etc.

Fighting fund? £600, which is being spent on what? Appeasing residents? Buying a few plantpots for the allotment holders? I thought the £2 entry was for hire of the facilites myself.

They should hold these things in the RRE, and just set up a small PA with a mike. Then more than 300 people will be able to attend and it won't be limited to residents turning it into a slanging match.

I'm not surprised at the comments so far, but I am surprised that nobody has welcomed the opportunity for a Q & A Forum to raise all the points that concern the fans. First come first served for tickets, so if the Failsworth objectors fall into that category then fair enough. However I would have thought Latics fans would snap up the tickets.

Happy that the club are having a Q&A session but why in a place that only holds 300? surely its not that big a deal to hold it in the rocky road end like it was a few years ago.

Was a bit of a farce that forum though, they could have told us anything that night and we would have lapped it up! I'm sure the details from the forum will be on here within minutes anyways.

Well done on the club for holding an open forum, aimed at all parties and so held at a neutral venue between the 2 sites. I think you'll find the nominal charge is there to ensure people don't just take large numbers of tickets and then not turn up...it won't be going to any fighting fund, more likely some to the venue and the rest..who cares!

300 tickets available in Club Shop at £2 to guarantee definite attendance and on a first come basis. Tickets limited to two per person.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1738968,00.html

I'm surprised no-one's already said this (or maybe I missed it). Ahem...

300 tickets?!? The owners have shown a complete lack of ambition holding it in a school with a 300 seat capacity. What's wrong with the MEN??? The chosen location is indicative of a downscaling of OAFC's future.

When it's sold out will there be touts selling tickets at ridiculous prices, tickets on ebay etc.? :grin: