Crisis of confidence

Another shocking defensive display yesterday. Significant improvements in midfield and Abbot and Parker have the potential to get 30+ goals this season. We have to face facts that the schoolboy errors at the back are going to cost us dear this season. Penney isn't blind and he will be looking to sort this out as soon as poss. I agree that the Sunderland centre half was a great player and got to be worth an enquiry at least.

As for Brill the jurys still out. Don't want to get on his back before the seasons even kicked off but he's needs to get up to speed... and fast.

However Hazels form has been on the slide since christmas and I reckon we're all entitled to have a go. Bottom line is he's not good enough and needs to be replaced asap.

Another shocking defensive display yesterday. Significant improvements in midfield and Abbot and Parker have the potential to get 30+ goals this season. We have to face facts that the schoolboy errors at the back are going to cost us dear this season. Penney isn't blind and he will be looking to sort this out as soon as poss. I agree that the Sunderland centre half was a great player and got to be worth an enquiry at least.

As for Brill the jurys still out. Don't want to get on his back before the seasons even kicked off but he's needs to get up to speed... and fast.

However Hazels form has been on the slide since christmas and I reckon we're all entitled to have a go. Bottom line is he's not good enough and needs to be replaced asap.

The way things are going i think it will be having to score 3 or 4 goals a match this season to be in with a chance of winning a game

Good balanced post. I agree with a lot of what you say. Between the 3 off them there is a complete lack of confidence. Something needs to change for us to have a decent season. Brill hasn't done himself any favours in the friendlies so far, not many positives to take from any of the displays as yet. I have only counted 2 saves of note in all the friendlies I have seen so far (I missed Mac and Sunderland though). I can also see peoples comparisons with Day too.

Are Greegs and Hazell making Brill look bad with their performances. Or is Brill making them look bad. One thing I am confident in is that Penney is a good manager and will get this sorted this week one way or another. At the minute my opinion is we need a new keeper and a new CB to at least push the current 3. We have options all over the pitch except for these 3 positions and it shows.

Edited by CD's Orange Heels

The way things are going i think it will be having to score 3 or 4 goals a match this season to be in with a chance of winning a game

we have only won 2 of our friendlies and they were against hyde utd and macclesfield, not exactly brilliant opposition.

i was very worried when we went with gregan/hazell as our central defence again. at the moment my worries are looking well founded. :disappointed:

we have only won 2 of our friendlies and they were against hyde utd and macclesfield, not exactly brilliant opposition.

i was very worried when we went with gregan/hazell as our central defence again. at the moment my worries are looking well founded. :disappointed:

A 'weak' Blackpool side apparently: http://www.blackpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...le.asp?a=515456

kyle not on a downer thing is BPOOL ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE so we were up against a supposedly good team, saying that i'd be happy to watch a game with loadsa goals just as long as we get the winning 1

i think the blackpool team are as good as the best teams in the division (IE norwich, charlton etc)

so i think the blackpool friendly was an eye opener to how we do against the best teams in the division

but to be honest its not the good teams im worried about,

its the crap ones, we always seemt o lose to teams who are bottom of the league or just come off a 6 game losing streak

kyle not on a downer thing is BPOOL ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE so we were up against a supposedly good team, saying that i'd be happy to watch a game with loadsa goals just as long as we get the winning 1

We were Blackpool's equals only a couple of seasons ago.

The club is going backwards.

We were Blackpool's equals only a couple of seasons ago.

The club is going backwards.

we wasnt blackpools equals at all...they were better than us or they wouldnt have gone up.

yet again another corp hijack.....

dont you get sick of banging your one beat drum

blackpool will struggle this season,now larrys gone....were on the up

new young team,new stadium plans new hope and optimism......same old boring corp

Good balanced post. I agree with a lot of what you say. Between the 3 off them there is a complete lack of confidence. Something needs to change for us to have a decent season. Brill hasn't done himself any favours in the friendlies so far, not many positives to take from any of the displays as yet. I have only counted 2 saves of note in all the friendlies I have seen so far (I missed Mac and Sunderland though). I can also see peoples comparisons with Day too.

Are Greegs and Hazell making Brill look bad with their performances. Or is Brill making them look bad. One thing I am confident in is that Penney is a good manager and will get this sorted this week one way or another. At the minute my opinion is we need a new keeper and a new CB to at least push the current 3. We have options all over the pitch except for these 3 positions and it shows.

The chuckle brothers are definitely making Brill look bad...ok, he's not helped himself when one on one but other than that I can't remember the last time a defence left their keeper so exposed...

I'm from the school of thought that I'll rarely have a go at a keeper if the 2 guys infront are leaving him so badly exposed. I remember how Pogs was exposed but when the defence was right, he was a record breaker with us. Take that away from him and Pogs lost confidence and at times, became very average. We need these back two sorting or shipping out before we feel Brill isn't good enough...it might help for a start if Gregan and Hazell actually looked like they want to talk to one another. I wrote on here very early on last season how the pair barely mutter a word to one another....they'll never make a solid partnership as it stands. Just can't understand why Penneys taking so long before acting on it though (mind you, I couldn't understand him not re-signing Gregan and THEN re-signing Gregan)...he's seen last seasons videos and little is changing.

Time to act!

Edited by boundaryblue80

we wasnt blackpools equals at all...they were better than us or they wouldnt have gone up.

yet again another corp hijack.....

dont you get sick of banging your one beat drum

blackpool will struggle this season,now larrys gone....were on the up

new young team,new stadium plans new hope and optimism......same old boring corp

It isn't an hijack-I was directly addressing a point made.

Blackpool were better than us only in the second half of 2006-7. Before that they were inferior and had recently spent time in the fourth division. Do you get it? They were in the fourth and now they're in the second? That'ws what you call advancing, as opposed to standing still or going backwards.

If Blackpool are set to struggle, it's a bit worrying that they managed to stroll past what was supposedly a strong Latics side with such ease. Isn't it?

There is no new stadium, only a stadium proposal for a small, lower division ground. It might never get built, like all the other plans that never got off the ground. Meanwhile, new young team or not, we've just once again ripped up a squad in order to start from scratch without any apparent clear aims. No, I can't say any of this fills me with optimism.

Blackpool were better than us only in the second half of 2006-7. Before that they were inferior and had recently spent time in the fourth division. Do you get it? They were in the fourth and now they're in the second? That'ws what you call advancing, as opposed to standing still or going backwards.

So which is it, standing still or going backwards?

No, I can't say any of this fills me with optimism.

You don't say...

Bored with supporting a club that never gets anywhere, yes indeed.

Well don't then....

Ya know...posts on here often meander and change course of the original topic, that's fine....but you really have excelled yaself on this one....pathetic....a complete change of topic without any relation to te 2 defenders and the keeper....all to entertain you.....sad!

Well don't then....

Ya know...posts on here often meander and change course of the original topic, that's fine....but you really have excelled yaself on this one....pathetic....a complete change of topic without any relation to te 2 defenders and the keeper....all to entertain you.....sad!

C.P Not very clued up about the game of football, as we all know

Edited by manshaw

And there was me thinking we'd been in this division over ten years...

Yes-we've failed to get out of it in all those years after being at a higher level for the previous quarter century.

Now we don't know what to expect either on the pitch or off it. That sounds like we've gone backwards to me.

It isn't an hijack-I was directly addressing a point made.

If Blackpool are set to struggle, it's a bit worrying that they managed to stroll past what was supposedly a strong Latics side with such ease. Isn't it?

There is no new stadium, only a stadium proposal for a small, lower division ground. It might never get built, like all the other plans that never got off the ground. Meanwhile, new young team or not, we've just once again ripped up a squad in order to start from scratch without any apparent clear aims. No, I can't say any of this fills me with optimism.

I shouldn't but...

Corp it was the clearest hijack ever.

The thread was about a match YESTERDAY and the post you replied to was about the position of blackpool NOW. Not 2 seasons ago, not in the past. NOW.

Your comment was about the past and the progress or lack of since then. One trick pony, corp.

Well don't then....

If every Latics fan bored with lack of success stopped supporting, the club would be left with average gates of about 750.

What do you want me to add about the two defenders and a keeper? I haven't even see them play yet.