Please, No Boo's

The New season is here, full of expectations and hope. the same as very other football fan and their team.

There are a few players that have gone over the summer, that I have been sad to see go, BUT, there are more than a few that have arrived to make me excited about the coming months.They will need time to gel together, but DP has forseen that with the amount of pre-season friendlies, and as he has said, the players are fit and rearing to go.

He has signed plenty of players to be able to change the squad for WHATEVER reason, and I for one, am going to trust his judgement, guidence and management.

What nobody needs at the beginning of a new season, is BOO boys or bullies. A bit of praise and encouragement goes a long way to instill confidence. If you want to BOO, then sign up to Latics World and boo in your own home.

SEE YOU ON THE TERRACES,LETS MAKE SOME NOISE FOR OUR BOYS

The New season is here, full of expectations and hope. the same as very other football fan and their team.

There are a few players that have gone over the summer, that I have been sad to see go, BUT, there are more than a few that have arrived to make me excited about the coming months.They will need time to gel together, but DP has forseen that with the amount of pre-season friendlies, and as he has said, the players are fit and rearing to go.

He has signed plenty of players to be able to change the squad for WHATEVER reason, and I for one, am going to trust his judgement, guidence and management.

What nobody needs at the beginning of a new season, is BOO boys or bullies. A bit of praise and encouragement goes a long way to instill confidence. If you want to BOO, then sign up to Latics World and boo in your own home.

SEE YOU ON THE TERRACES,LETS MAKE SOME NOISE FOR OUR BOYS

Best boo ever, a Scottish football fan had been abusing his team for 89 minutes, in the end he runs down to the front points to his latest victim and simply shouts "Fookin.....................................booooo!" :grin:

Now that is quality baracking!

On a serious note we've another new team, we've no idea how we're going to fare - no silly promises have been made like under Ronnie Moore, expectations are low so let's get behind the 11 in blue. No reason to boo, we know little about most of the new players so give them a chance. As for the manager, again he might have been here for 3 months, but no judgement should be made until the end of his contract at the end of next season. Please none of the Ronnie Moore bollocks...

Little Grey Dave's Barmy Army....

Edited by oafcprozac

I was one of the boo boys last season and even came on here saying I would never go back again for the rest of the season!!!

Well, after plenty of thought over the summer I'm coming back but with different views this season. There's now a manger in charge that I believe will try his hardest to get the best from his players. If we do get beat, Im satisfied that if they dont play well the team will still give 100%.

Football has got silly at the top these days where there is no competition. Its the same teams at the top every season. We have a league where anyone can win it & Im sure it will be us one day. Other latics fans need to realise what we have here and get back to BP to support the team and keep us going because the way the PL is going every small club will soon go out of business.

I dont care if we dont get promoted this season as long as the team tries to give its' all.

I don't think anyone goes with the intention of booing, and I'd be amazed if anyone started booing from the first match.

If we lose today, there may be the odd crank saying " Bloody Hell, same old Latics, we're in for a long season", but the booing we've seen over the past 3 years has usually been the result of seeing the same mistakes, and the same lack of ideas week after week.

We have a new team, with a new management, and hopefully a new mentality when it comes to tactical decisions. So far, DP appears to have his head screwed on the right way, and we can only hope that the managerial and playing staff changes, coupled with the fans' expectations being lower, will mean that the atmosphere will be that bit more positive.

I was one of Shez's fiercest critics, as I could never see anything being learned from his mistakes, but I wouldn't level any abuse at the players (Other than a best-forgotten incident involving Wayne Andrews after the game once), as the manager is the one pulling the strings, and until he proves unworthy of it, he'll have my 100% backing. As will the team.

P.s I'll give Penney until Christmas :wink:

Best boo ever, a Scottish football fan had been abusing his team for 89 minutes, in the end he runs down to the front points to his latest victim and simply shouts "Fookin.....................................booooo!" :grin:

Which comedian does this gag in their stand up??

The best/worst abuse i've seen was the psychopath i was sat next to at Goodison. i was expecting him to spend the entire first half screaming abuse at Lee Hughes. I was not expecting him to shout "F**KING PUT SOME F**KING EFFORT INTO IT YOU FAT C**T!" at the bloke doing the half time crossbar challenge.

:grin:

He definitely deserved my wrath. Those that slate Alessandra for his lack of ability to stay on his feet clearly don't remember the original Bambi On Ice. Constantly having a go at the ref, too, instead of getting back into the game and helping his team mates out. Complete arse.

:grin:

He definitely deserved my wrath. Those that slate Alessandra for his lack of ability to stay on his feet clearly don't remember the original Bambi On Ice. Constantly having a go at the ref, too, instead of getting back into the game and helping his team mates out. Complete arse.

Which game?

Guest sheridans_world
No it isn't Frankie Boyle, it's one of the other Scottish comedians off Mock The Week. It just sums up brainless abuse and very funny imo! :grin:

I thought it was Frankie Boyle...

Guest sheridans_world
Yeah but the question was 'Which comedian does this gag in their stand-up?', which you didn't answer, so HA. :wink:

It does :grin:

Guest sheridans_world
You didn't name him in your post....oh sod it, we could keep this up all day and the coach to Chadderton leaves in an hour and i'm not even dressed.

You win. :wink:

Really :blush: