He Is The Worst Player I Have Ever Seen In A Latics Shirt! He Doesnt Have A Clue At All!

Look at Byfield's cameo, then look at what Parker did in 70 minutes. I rest my case! Byfield should start Tuesday with Parker wide on the right as Holdsworth was the weak attacking link imo. Not his fault but he just aint a RW and if the rumours re: Smalley being out are true then we needto pep up our wide threat.

In summary, we looked far more of a threat with Byfield and Abbott up top.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry but as soon as Byfield replaced Parker our attacking threat deteriorated. He didn't know what to do with the ball. I wasn't impressed with him and haven't been for a while.

One further point... Alessandra and O'Grady are equally as weak. We have no depth up front.

Sorry mate that's bollocks! Parker was anonymous...

This post sounds a bit like "it was a crap performance and the only player I could recognise was Byfield, so it must be his fault".

You know, if Abbott, had slipped him the pass at the end there, Byfield would have scored the winner.

You sure? :grin:

Sorry mate that's bollocks! Parker was anonymous...

Correct. Byfield was more of a threat in 15 mins than Parker was in 75.

Also thought we didn't have much in the way of width yesterday. The only half decent crosses in the entire game came in from Whits.

Would like to see us use the wings more and get some ammo in for Abbot.

Guest sheridans_world
Look at Byfield's cameo, then look at what Parker did in 70 minutes. I rest my case! Byfield should start Tuesday with Parker wide on the right as Holdsworth was the weak attacking link imo. Not his fault but he just aint a RW and if the rumours re: Smalley being out are true then we needto pep up our wide threat.

In summary, we looked far more of a threat with Byfield and Abbott up top.

That is a really good option that we have available to us and I think it should be used.

...at home. But we'd get dessimated away.

Why? Parker's an attacker that played most of his football on the right for Blackpool? It'd be no different than having Smally there, who but for his injury was surely first choice in that position anyway. I think Holdsworth will be useful there away from home but at home he is lacking going forward as we saw yesterday and to an extent in pre-season.

After reading this post it seems to me that nobody is aloud to say anything negative against a latics player, it unbelivable its just the lads opinion

I also thought it was a shocking game and came away thinking that if we can beat them how are we going to take anything away from orient and milwall. The way im thinking at the moment is (i know its only the first game) its going to be a long season if dont improve and lets all admit it we need to if we only came away with a goaless draw at home against a team of no hopers.

I never have and probably never will be a fan of byfield but he didnt do anything wrong in the 15 mins he was on for the only player i was impresed with and i hate to say it was greagan. Furman and Hazzle were good aswel. Abbot needs to stop doing them daft flicks and improve his first touch as it got away from him a lot, i wasnt impresed with holdsworth and worthington, the 2 full backs didnt do too bad i supose given that the have only just arrived and need time to settle. The worst player wasnt byfield by any strech of the imagination.

It was TAYLOR he just didnt look interested and looked like he doesnt want to play for us anymore. He couldnt pass the ball doesnt get stuck in is scared to takle he had a good effort in the second half i'll give him that but thats about it.

Before you all start having a go at me aswell for saying something negative against a latics player these are only my opinions and i hope that it was a one off performance.

Also the fact that we started the season off well last year and finished poor maybe a sign that if we start poor we might finish good :)

Talking of former Latics and Blackpool players, I'd have had Vernon back. Scored for Colchester today (but then again, who didnt :grin: ).

byefield did ok.try backing your own players instead of slagging them.we might get somewhere with more encouragement.

but overall it was one of the worst football matches ive seeen in my life

You have not been to many then?

That was not by far !

Should have had at least 1 penalty (chaddy end) Double hand ball. their goalkeeper saved 2 more, + off the line clearance. i would change that statement to one of the unluckiest games you have seen.

ive been to plenty of games

but now im sober i will rephrase what i said, the first half was one of the worst ive seen, bearing in mind being the first game of the season

He Is The Worst Player I Have Ever Seen In A Latics Shirt! He Doesnt Have A Clue At All!

This coming from a chap that has a picture of a new plaer that in all honesty has done nothing for the club yet, with 1 Pawell Abbott underneath - bit of a contradiction pal

Guest sheridans_world
byefield did ok.try backing your own players instead of slagging them.we might get somewhere with more encouragement.

Try reading the rest of the thread mate.

Fact Is That He's Done Alot Better Than Byfield Performance Wise.

But Has He Done A Lot Better In Competitive Games? No. There Has Only Been One Competitive Game This Season. Pre-Season Counts For Nothing At All.

Give Him A Chance!

You'll Be Saying Purdie Is Rubbish Next, He Isnt Likley To Play Until September!

Guest FyldeBlue

Honestly, I Dont Know What Any Of You Saw In That Preformance Today Apart From The Over Head Kick Which Was His Only Decent Bit Of Play. He Would Not Have A Run With The Ball, Always Looked For The Pass (Which Never Went To A Player In Blue!). Would Much Rather Have Ben Burgess Back!

WIND UP MERCHANT !...

Suspected to be related to Corp ! :wink:

Edited by FyldeBlue

There were lots of lay-offs and little passes that went astray, but it would only have taken one of them to find the target for us to win the game. The game often seemed to slow when the ball arrived at Byfield's feet, but that's because he gave himself the time to look up and try and find the best option. I'm more than happy to see intelligent play up front even when the final pass goes missing - cos sooner or later it will definitely bring goals aplenty against League One defences.

It may take a little while for Byfield and Abbott to work out how best to play together (when they get the chance) - my impression is their natural game is a bit too similar at the moment.