Ricky Lambert off to the Saints

I'm amazed Southampton can afford that, even with new owners - although they have offloaded a few and the manager said he was looking to bring a few in.

From Rovers point of view, I'm happy that they've got a decent fee for him - he's the second best striker in the division behind Beckford for me.

I'm amazed Southampton can afford that, even with new owners - although they have offloaded a few and the manager said he was looking to bring a few in.

From Rovers point of view, I'm happy that they've got a decent fee for him - he's the second best striker in the division behind Beckford for me.

No doubt Beckford is a talented footballer and is exceptional with both feet (an assett at this level of football)

However, after watching him play against oldham (and a few times at Elland road with my mates from leeds university), he definately lacks a footballing brain with regards to his position off the ball.

I suppose this is expected with him playing for wealdstone albion (think thats who leeds signed him from)

If Beckford can raise his footballing knowledge and receives the right kind of development of his game, i believe he can play at the top end of the championship easily!

Ps. may i point out, i only watched leeds when oldham was too far to travel or they werent playing, i am 100% latics fan hehehe :), also im glad rovers got some dosh for lambert (back to the subject of the thread)