What a load of tosh!

Awful performance. Carlisle's number 7 ripped us to pieces all night.

"give it to taylor, give it to taylor." - seems to be about the only thing our players can muster to mount an attack. It's going to be a long tough season.

Thank god it only cost a quid.

Zzzzzzzzz!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

last night was truly shocking one of the worst performances for years on that evidence we will struggle this season we have played 2 sides who will be near the bottom this season and failed to score

Coming from you Dean who has lambasted performance after performance I can only fear for the future!!! You've never been one to be shy about saying how crap we are.

Glad i went playing golf then last night with Beardy and Mike. Got a text whilst on the 10th tee which i read out to them that said "0-0 at half time. Not really created anything. They hit the post half way through first half but that failed to motivate us! :angry: Dont know why i bother sometimes".

Beardy said "who was that off?"

I said "Dave Penney" :lol:

Beardy and Mike pissed themselves laughing much to the annoyance of the guy teeing off on the next tee to us :blink:

Just glad i didnt waste 6 hours of my life watching that last night by the accounts i got.

Now I wasn't there last night, but all this talk of "the worst performance in years" is surely just the usual moaning nonsense from those whose memory never stretches back as far as the game before last.

I mean honestly... it can't have been as bad as 0-5 at Hereford?

Worryingly, he isn't far from the truth either!

But basing anything on one performance is barking. Whether brilliant or dire. As some of the rational have said, let's see after the first month.

Of course some Oldham fans would say that if we were top it will then collapse, but if we are bottom it can't change...

Coming from you Dean who has lambasted performance after performance I can only fear for the future!!! You've never been one to be shy about saying how crap we are.

i was encouraged on saturday i can accept when we play well and dont win but if you would have seen how we played last night it would only make you wonder how we are going to pick anything up at orient or millwall

Now I wasn't there last night, but all this talk of "the worst performance in years" is surely just the usual moaning nonsense from those whose memory never stretches back as far as the game before last.

was worse than that game at least we had attempts on goal at hereford

I can think of lots of away games where we've barely created a chance and come away with a draw or a 1-0 win and everyone's been cock-a-hoop!

And lots more where we've come away with a 1-0 defeat without this level of despair.

If the reaction of some fans so far this season is anything to go by, then yes it is going to be a very long one... especially on here. :blink:

Exactly...

Remember 7-1 against Cardiff as being pretty dam awful...

Patience is a virtue my friend.......

Exactly.

Wasn't going to dignify the doom and gloom with a response, but just as a reminder, the 06/07 playoff season started with Latics scoring one goal in the first five league games, and defeat in the League Cup. As accustomed as we've got to getting knocked at out at Turf Moor in the second round, it's hardly the end of the world (or the season for that matter).

Edited by jsslatic

Exactly.

Wasn't going to dignify the doom and gloom with a response, but just as a reminder, the 06/07 playoff season started with Latics scoring one goal in the first five league games, and defeat in the League Cup. As accustomed as we've got to getting knocked at out at Turf Moor in the second round, it's hardly the end of the world (or the season for that matter).

Correct, but our performances in that time were very good. We played Tranmere off the park, played ok against Port Vale when Sodje scored late on, played very well against a good Swansea team, held our own against Milwall until late on. Rotherham in the cup was poor and then we were unlucky not to beat Carlisle with 10 men for over an hour.

There were signs there that a good run was only around the corner. With performances like last night, there is no way we will have the success of 06/07.

Correct, but our performances in that time were very good. We played Tranmere off the park, played ok against Port Vale when Sodje scored late on, played very well against a good Swansea team, held our own against Milwall until late on. Rotherham in the cup was poor and then we were unlucky not to beat Carlisle with 10 men for over an hour.

There were signs there that a good run was only around the corner. With performances like last night, there is no way we will have the success of 06/07.

So what you're saying is that we played encouraging football on opening day and played tosh in the Cup :wink:

Message boards are a bad thing at times - so much over-reaction and doom and gloom when we fail to win, over the top confidence and predictions when we win.

New manager, many new players, and the rest a team who finished outside the play-offs in a mediocre league last season on the back of one of the worst runs in living memory in terms of results.

In addition due to the 'funds' available the new players are generally of a standard similar to what we did last season - so its not like we have had a sudden influx of quality (perhaps even the other way) that will change the team performance over night.

If success is going to come this season (and that might be classed as a mid-table finish given budgets) then its likely to take some time.

So what you're saying is that we played encouraging football on opening day and played tosh in the Cup :wink:

I remember that cup game against rotherham it was dire. Still had didnt let it knock my optimism for the season tho.

The league cup first round is always difficult when especially away at similar opposition. Are Sheffield United heading for the conference? they lost at home to Port Vale.

I wasnt expecting us to come away with an emphatic win up at Carlisle, its a cup match anything could happen. Just like when we beat Everton away.

Edited by wozz_oafc

Calm down. Yes it was a poor performance but we've been much worse in recent years. Had the feeling of a reserve match and the quality of performance to match. The squad have just come together so give the poor buggers a chance.

By far the most dissappointing performance of the night was the pies - I have never experienced such a poor excuse for fayre, no depth at all, the middle might as well not have turned up, didn't appear to have any structure at all it was as if someone had simply thrown some ingredients into an oven and told them to try and sort themselves out into Pukka's finest - then partway through realised it was tosh and tried to disguise it by sprinkling some stock on the top which didn't combine with anything and simply looked like a layer of lard - found I'd eaten half the container before I'd realised.

Early days boys, early days.