Chaddy The Owl on BBC 6Music this afternoon

Chaddy will be chatting to Steve Lamacq this afternoon about 4.45pm as Lammo continues to dedicate a whole week to football related callers in a feature called Good Day Bad Day.

Chaddy will be chatting about the matchday experince and some of the music used at Oldham before a game.

Lammo is a huge Colchester fan so it should be a pretty interesting chat!

You can listen online at BBC 6Music or via Digital TV and Digital Radio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What music do we play this season before the game? Cant say ive heard it as im usually running round like an idiot. Suppose i shoudl know before i go on air. :grin:

Generic chart :censored:e plus "some old favourites" that are the same week in, week out, season in, season out.

What music do we play this season before the game? Cant say ive heard it as im usually running round like an idiot. Suppose i shoudl know before i go on air. :grin:

The same old tosh as ever.

Me & my ipod could do an infinitely better job........in fact; most people's ipods could probably do a better job.......the music at BP is & most likely always will be, pish

See if you can get him to play Guns of Navarone, seeing as we can't afford to play it at the ground anymore.

i'm pretty sure he's played Mouldy Old Dough before, can't remember what feature that was for.

Yep. Adds to why "The matchday experience" is crap. I'd happily do it for a free season ticket, as would many others I'd expect.

..... it's all down to the publishing costs clubs are being asked to pay these day. Many, like ours, have refused to pay it.

Yep. Adds to why "The matchday experience" is crap. I'd happily do it for a free season ticket, as would many others I'd expect.

Why don't you send a letter in asking to assist Franny then......i'll pm you his phone number if you want it. Or send a mail into Alan.

Though i may have to point out 1 or 2 conditions to 'doing it for nowt....'

At first for a season or two, you'll have to make sure you turn up at 1-1.30 every game, more often than not with your own mic, player etc and not leave until everybodys left the stadium, do all of the reseve home games and also you may have to do the rugby also from time to time, put up with a very substandard pa system as you already know, whilst fans from all 3 sides continue to ask the stewards to turn it/turn it down constantly - take your orders like a man from Franny and you'll be alreet Frankly.

Oh and you won't need a season ticket - they'll give you a pass and even a car park pass if you ask nicely.

You are right - many others would be 'happy to do it for nowt' as even some of us have in the past - however, actually doing it whilst you are a 'fan' is very difficult due to most of the above - you may even find your 'matchday' experience even worse..... :wink:

BTW Chaddy - How did it go?

Reason for edit; Late question

Edited by futchers briefs

Personally i thought it went pretty well, he had obviously done his homework on me before getting me on. And he played my favourite tune ever.....Say something by James. I left work very happy last night, probably for on eof the last times as well :unsure:

Only heard off 2 people who heard it though. :blush:

You are right - many others would be 'happy to do it for nowt' as even some of us have in the past - however, actually doing it whilst you are a 'fan' is very difficult due to most of the above - you may even find your 'matchday' experience even worse..... :wink:

As long as I had full control of the music policy, I don't think I'd find much of an issue with that.

As long as I had full control of the music policy, I don't think I'd find much of an issue with that.

But were still have the issue that the club won't pay the silly fee's publishing houses now want for they music to be played. That won't change.

But were still have the issue that the club won't pay the silly fee's publishing houses now want for they music to be played. That won't change.

FMS would be playing stuff that nobody in the ground had ever heard of so no danger of being reported to the licensing people :)