Schmeichel to Notts County

Five-year deal, fee thought to exceed £685,000.

Hughes may have joined a club to match his ambitions...

Looks like they'll be doing a Wigan and Fulham...took Fulham 4 years to get from Division 4 -Prem

Wigan took them 8 years to get from Division 4 to Prem

Just shows what real ambition can achieve, rather than playing at it. Although on the other side well run clubs like Bolton and Blackburn (once walker popped it and the money dried up) are examples of achieving whilst living within their means in Premier League terms.

Looks like they'll be doing a Wigan and Fulham...took Fulham 4 years to get from Division 4 -Prem

Wigan took them 8 years to get from Division 4 to Prem

Just shows what real ambition can achieve, rather than playing at it. Although on the other side well run clubs like Bolton and Blackburn (once walker popped it and the money dried up) are examples of achieving whilst living within their means in Premier League terms.

They've achieved :censored: -all so far that I've noticed? The only story about ambition I can see here is the lack of it from Schmeichel. Even if County steamroller the divisions and go up 3 times in 3 years, he will still be a Man City reserve keeper who then spent his first team career sitting behind a defence and team hammering all opposition in the lower leagues. Perfect preparation for being relegation to third choice keeper as City appear in the final of the Milky Way trans-planetary cup.

Well said Lees another example of football being ruined by money personally hope they stuff up and this idiot well words fail me ambition is not doing this its just a money grabber an proved nothing in football. Makes Eardley look even cheaper.

Indeed. I'm seriously losing interest in the game.

They've achieved :censored: -all so far that I've noticed? The only story about ambition I can see here is the lack of it from Schmeichel. Even if County steamroller the divisions and go up 3 times in 3 years, he will still be a Man City reserve keeper who then spent his first team career sitting behind a defence and team hammering all opposition in the lower leagues. Perfect preparation for being relegation to third choice keeper as City appear in the final of the Milky Way trans-planetary cup.

Kasper Schmeichel's a very good young goalkeeper, anyone in the game will tell you that..Notts County won't get promoted to the Prem in three successive seasons. In fact I reckon the arabs will :censored: off when they realise just how difficult the Championship is to get out of. I expect them to piss Leagues One and Two though. Just as Fulham did when Al Fayed was paying £2M transfer fees for Coleman, Horsfield et al at this level...

What I do find strange is that Sven dropped Kasper in favour of Joe Hart...

Edited by Stevie_J

Kasper Schmeichel's a very good young goalkeeper, anyone in the game will tell you that..Notts County won't get promoted to the Prem in three successive seasons. In fact I reckon the arabs will :censored: off when they realise just how difficult the Championship is to get out of. I expect them to piss Leagues One and Two though. Just as Fulham did when Al Fayed was paying £2M transfer fees for Coleman, Horsfield et al at this level...

What I do find strange is that Sven dropped Kasper in favour of Joe Hart...

That's the thing. Jack Walker bought a Premiership with less than it takes to get into the thing now. I think it wil quite soon lose it's attraction except for those who really, really, really do have hundreds or billions to burn and honestly don't care about ever seeing them back. Like, Ashley was a billionaire. Spunks maybe £300m on Newcastle and loses as much in a market gamble and although he's richer than me, he can't play with the big boys any more. The wacky thing is that his real business seems to be doing really well. Tycoons beware perhaps...