In the report...starts off with "Two goal hero from saturday suddenly cast as the villain..." then goes on to say "Abbotts penalty brilliantly saved"

Talk about contradictions.

There was no name on the report, at least online, which makes me wonder if the Chronicle’s money-saving moves like making the excellent Mike Yarwood redundant have now extended to not sending a staff writer on a long midweek trip.

In the report...starts off with "Two goal hero from saturday suddenly cast as the villain..." then goes on to say "Abbotts penalty brilliantly saved"

Talk about contradictions.

I agree.

Normaly hero to villain is used in the context of scoring but then doing something stupid let getting sent off or fouling to concede a penalty. I cannot every remember a football report that casts someone missing or ,like you have said, having it well saved been cast as a villain. Even when the likes of Stuart Pearce missed in the Wrold cup, it was more sympathy than as a villian. I suppose it is when it is skied miles ver the bar, but even then villain is a bit strong.

I agree.

Normaly hero to villain is used in the context of scoring but then doing something stupid let getting sent off or fouling to concede a penalty. I cannot every remember a football report that casts someone missing or ,like you have said, having it well saved been cast as a villain. Even when the likes of Stuart Pearce missed in the Wrold cup, it was more sympathy than as a villian. I suppose it is when it is skied miles ver the bar, but even then villain is a bit strong.

Like Beckhams wonderful penalty that time :D