O Grady goes to Dale on loan

It seems Penney doesn't see in him what I do.

Penney out. :blush:

I really wanted it to work out for him here, but I've finally come to the conclusion he's just not good enough for League One, he barely got to double figures in the league below - ok he's a target man and it really was a great back heel to set up the winner v Walsall but in pre-season he's looked decidedly average and although he holds the ball up well he never looks like scoring because he's never in the box or has a cat in hell's chance of getting on the end of anything. I mean Brooky's played 20 minutes in the first-team and already scored more than him. If letting C O'G leave means kids like Brooke and Eaves get their chance higher up the pecking order (reserves) then so be it. Good luck Chris, sorry it hasn't worked out. Who signed you anyway?

Kieran Lee next?

Edited by oafcprozac

While I have doubts about O'Grady's goal-threat, from what I've seen of him comments about his touch are way off line. He's always looked to have a decent touch, a bit of skill and good hold up play - his issue was that the areas of the pitch that he occupied weren't those from which he was ever going to score.

That said though, he played up top with Hughes who never passed and one of his 3 starts was Burnley away and he played up front alone. I feel very aggrieved for the lad because he was never given a fair chance here. Compared to Alessandra who likewise doesn't score yet has been given loads, I'd almost say he should be considering legal action for bullying in the work place.

Being a good striker takes experience, and O'Grady could have learned to get himself into more dangerous areas. I can't say that I'm glad to see that back of him because Byfield and Alessandra are no better and yet have been given far more opportunities. A poor decision in my opinion.

While I have doubts about O'Grady's goal-threat, from what I've seen of him comments about his touch are way off line. He's always looked to have a decent touch, a bit of skill and good hold up play - his issue was that the areas of the pitch that he occupied weren't those from which he was ever going to score.

I really can't agree with you. I think his first touch is awful.

I watched him in the pre-season friendly at Hyde and noticed that he had started to anticipate the ball bouncing off him and was quicker to react. I applauded the effort but it really didn't cure the problem.

the fact we chased the lad a while is disgusting really as suggests despite all the positive remarks the scouting isnt good enough.

has been treated shocking so a fresh start elsewhere better for all. Not DPs fault but should never have been signed.

why is it disgusting that we chased him????

not dp's fault he was signed by shez,just like others who shez had chased for ages,and turned out to be less than decent than what they think they are.

the only one im dissapointed in is kieran lee...never given a chance,but if you listen to rumours has very poor fitness.

this is make or break for o'grady now. if he does ok, penney may keep him on as back up but if he stuffs up, he'll be out of the club asap. i think he'd fit in at dale, from what i saw on tues, they need a striker who can hold it up and play dagnall in but can also pose a threat to the goal. not sure if he'll do the second bit but if he can, he might do ok.

christ,the guy's going to have played for nearly all the north-west lower league teams soon,been given plenty of chances the fact is he is CRAP.....

Well it suggests a fair few managers have seen something in him.

I still think he'll come good although it's looking like it wont be here.

this is make or break for o'grady now. if he does ok, penney may keep him on as back up but if he stuffs up, he'll be out of the club asap. i think he'd fit in at dale, from what i saw on tues, they need a striker who can hold it up and play dagnall in but can also pose a threat to the goal. not sure if he'll do the second bit but if he can, he might do ok.

he can talk to other clubs from January 1st, I think both parties have long ago since realised it just hasn't worked out for him here and a parting of the ways is inevitable.

What i dont get is people are calling him crap etc..

he never got a run in the first team

NEVER.

only started 3 games and a handful of sub appearances..

When he has started the 3 games.. he has had a different strike partner constantly.

Couldnt prove himself in the reserves last year as shez was a idiot and scrapped having a reserve team

this is also why lee's fitness is shockingly poor if rumours are to be believed.. got injured then had no reserve team games to play in to get his match fitness up