Dont Talk S!T

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schemes: Bond to help players wages for agreed signings that maybe we couldn't afford otherwise 1000 fans donate £1000 over a year raises £1m and we get some sort of shareholding/marker in the club.(I know its a lot but £100/month probably isn't out of the realms of possibility for some of the fans)

Fundraising for the future eg how much will it cost to change the proposed stadium to a 20k possible stadium and how much more could the tta invest if we were to help find the resource/cash to match.

I know these may not be the most popular ideas but thats my first 5 mins ;-)

That might be an idea for when progression is shown but decline does't exactly get the pulses racing, I think progression needs to be shown, whether that be the new ground or a higher finish in the league than last year, as a boost for the club not a bad idea, in the year 2009 with unemployment, fuel prices, utility bills etc etc we're back to how and what people spend their money on and priorities.

Fund raising is okay if one has the time, I for one don't.

I understand that, but then either the reward has to be enough to entice the apathetic or else we accept its all downhill.

They were only quick ideas without a lot of thought behind them as to the catchment and likelihood of success. Maybe the club/trust can research etc through the lapsed customer lists(members, st holders etc from the premiership div1 days)

If they've even got one - that should be a given though, that's what any business does to increase its turnover. Knowing us the files will have been used for scrap paper years ago!

If they've even got one - that should be a given though, that's what any business does to increase its turnover. Knowing us the files will have been used for scrap paper years ago!

I know that's why I would hope it would still be in existence,

Other ideas is reduced price STs for the Chronicle Suite etc - lets fill both boxes, it may only amount to a few grand but is possible.

There must be 500-1000 fans that could afford £1k over a 12 month period. Thats a more substantial amount of money that could be generated. Call it the millionaires club - and give first option at a reduced rate to the new hospitality STs at the new facility if it was to happen

Paddypower have stopped taking bets on the fat spanish waiter winning the sack race.....

I wouldn't really blame him if he walked - the Yanks have took the piss when you look at how much debt they've saddled the club with along with lots of empty promises.

He does have a tendency to sign lots of average players though - maybe this is down to the crap budget he is given, especially for a team that as well as finishing in the top 4 year after year - seriously threatens the Champions League every season.

That might be an idea for when progression is shown but decline does't exactly get the pulses racing, I think progression needs to be shown, whether that be the new ground or a higher finish in the league than last year, as a boost for the club not a bad idea, in the year 2009 with unemployment, fuel prices, utility bills etc etc we're back to how and what people spend their money on and priorities.

Fund raising is okay if one has the time, I for one don't.

Thats fair, me neither truth be known, however if we can help re-energise the club when time allows then I am up for that as well

Well I think the sentiment is that people have to accept the hand that we've currently been dealt and basically stop moaning unnecessarily.

Most Latics fans who haven't walked away do accept the hand they've been dealt. The trouble is that the 'oh well' attitude will eventually see the death of professional football in the town.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Most of that is the job of people who support Oldham Athletic.

If people want to see failure in consistently finishing in the top 10 for the last 4 years (10th, 8th, 6th, 10th) instead of 13th, 14th, 15th and 20th, then what sort of marketing do we actually need? One that asks people to open their eyes to the turth that they consistently deny?

Remaining bogged down in this divsion is failure, no matter where we finish. It's slowly killing the club.

Yes, it's called the social aspect, and I would guess it is the reason why nigh on everyone watches the game.

Perhaps nigh on everybody who still bothers going. But, as we know, these aren't sufficient in number to make the club viable-and this will not change in the proposed new stadium if, as the capacity suggests, the aim is to be a well-run lower division club.

Perhaps nigh on everybody who still bothers going. But, as we know, these aren't sufficient in number to make the club viable-and this will not change in the proposed new stadium if, as the capacity suggests, the aim is to be a well-run lower division club.

Strange, it's been viable for over a hundred years.

It's heartening to see that people can see the reality of the situation. Those responsible for the modest rise in attendances when TTA first came in, talking about Championship football and (proper) new stadiums, building on the modest rise that took place under Chris Moore, have disappeared along with any sense of real ambition coming out of the club. I'm convinced that the surrender of our golden chance of promotion after February 2007 was as much of a sickener for many others as it was for me. It was at that point that I began to sense that we were down in the doldrums for good.

I wouldn't quite say that but for me that's definitely more on my mind after last season and the acceptance of so many to run with the Failsworth surrender. Nothing at all suggests moving there will make the difference. Everything suggests we'll be down with the enemy, competing directly for fans and business with them. Just isn't going to happen...we ain't going to compete...we're going to be a Darlington, Northampton or an Oxford...unless serious talk of how the cash turns into on-the-field budgets and serious shots at promotion. TTA won't do this tho...why? Coz they won't be her as far as I'm concerned...this is their land deal (they've earned it...but moving from BP and not founding a way to revelop is somethin I won't thank them for as nothing has proven to me it's the best for us...far from it.)

It's the same sort of nodding and following that everyone did when CM came in with money pushing us seriously into a :censored: or bust scenario, the same scenario everyone accepted when they ousted a capable manager for an incapable "hero" (nothing suggested after missing out in 2007 Shez would every get it right) and for 3yrs we watched him spend the kings ransom. Now we think blindly packing up and walking away from an asset many clubs would revel in is the answer. I fear for our future...I really do! Especially when we move...

Edited by boundaryblue80

And the context is?

That we are dying in our current ground. In a new ground we will be okay, like in a 12,000 all-seater. So, which bit of his comments do you follow and not?

To be fair I disagree that the club would 'die' at BP, but I would suspect it may suffer to a Rochdale like standard. But, being honest in the long run, I wouldn't care. Because I really don't watch us for results any more (I don't know when it stopped, but it was a long while ago). I watch to be with mates and have a good day out. To have fun. If we win, it's a little bit better, but it really isn't all that important any more.

NB. There are certain games I really do want us to win, but they are ones like Hartlepool and Rochdale. And are just for saving face.

It's the same sort of nodding and following that everyone did when CM came in with money pushing us seriously into a :censored: or bust scenario, the same scenario everyone accepted when they ousted a capable manager for an incapable "hero" (nothing suggested after missing out in 2007 Shez would every get it right) and for 3yrs we watched him spend the kings ransom. Now we think blindly packing up and walking away from an asset many clubs would revel in is the answer. I fear for our future...I really do! Especially when we move...

Quite. And people get indignant when I mention the word lemming.