How stupid do we think TTA are?

It's impossible, at least in my experience, to get friends and acquaintances to attend BP when the football on offer is mediocre and the club appears to be stagnating. Most people I know are no longer interested even in the occasional cheap offers.

And as I keep saying, the false dawns don't help.

Right on cue..

And then along came Jones

Tall thin Jones

Slow-walkin' Jones

Slow-talkin' Jones

Along came long, lean, lanky Jones

Apologies to Ray Stevens for misappropriating his song. (Probably means nothing to those who never listened to Junior Choice) . Apologies also to the Corp if I have misrepresented his body shape - it's not something I've really thought about.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible, at least in my experience, to get friends and acquaintances to attend BP when the football on offer is mediocre and the club appears to be stagnating. Most people I know are no longer interested even in the occasional cheap offers.

Like the ladies, get them drunk the first time and hope they will fall into a familiar rut from then on.

Guest FyldeBlue

Well hello again P.O.Jones, I can understand why the TTA have such serious matters to consider as - "packing it all in"... as anyone quite rightly would also consider when the club has fans like yourself.... you really are the most negative, boring poster on OWTB.

I along with many others quite simply ask - why on earth do you bother ?......you must have the most miserable life ! :grin:

Right on cue..

Tall thin Jones

Slow-walkin' Jones

Slow-talkin' Jones

Apologies to Ray Stevens for misappropriating his song. (Probably means nothing to those who never listened to Junior Choice) . Apologies also to the Corp if I have misrepresented his body shape - it's not something I've really thought about.

Do you honestly think we can discuss the club without addrssing the fundamental problem of its stagnation and decline?

Open your eyes, lemmings. The Oldham public can see the truth of the matter.

Well hello again P.O.Jones, I can understand why the TTA have such serious matters to consider as - "packing it all in"... as anyone quite rightly would also consider when the club has fans like yourself.... you really are the most negative, boring poster on OWTB.

I along with many others quite simply ask - why on earth do you bother ?......you must have the most miserable life ! :grin:

So peddling false optimism on a message board indicates a happy life and vice-versa? Try not to be such simpletons.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Guest FyldeBlue
Do you honestly think we can discuss the club without addrssing the fundamental problem of its stagnation and decline?

Open your eyes, lemmings. The Oldham public can see the truth of the matter.

You're at it again Petty Officer.....face this fact pal - The club has been stagnating for around 2 decades - what the bloody hell has this got to do with the fact that the TTA saved it from disappearing forever ?.....

Why are they being blamed for at least trying to make positive moves, as I've already said, with people like you calling themselves "fans".... if I was one of the TTA I would be off leaving you and all your fellow negatives in your miserable negative town.

You are making me feel sick, hopefully I'll be able to copy and paste the bile that eventually comes up to its rightful place - all over you !

Right on cue..

Tall thin Jones

Slow-walkin' Jones

Slow-talkin' Jones

nice one

:lol:

So peddling false optimism on a message board indicates a happy life and vice-versa? Try not to be such simpletons.

In recent posts you've called people lemmings, simpletons, morons, and retards. Persuasive argument or have you given up on us?

Quote Wozz....

For what is worth I would guess that our total wage bill for all players and staff including bonuses would be well over £1m a year.

For all those guessing !.....Wozz - your guess works out at £19,230 per week - Do any of you on here really believe that OAFC is being run for anything like that figure ?

Try another guess - I'll give you a clue - one senior Member/Director was on £2400 p.w. when Ian Stott was Chairman ! ...that was a long time ago, I'll guess he's not had any charitable feelings towards the club and said "it's OK cut my salary in half" or any other silly ideas since then.

Sorry to have to disagree with your guesstimate.....try working out how many staff we have, then how many players and so on, then Stewards and the Senior Officers ( Fire & Safety) then the Police bills and so on, you will soon find that our expenditure for items such as these are ASTRONOMICAL - then of course there are the ground, maintenance costs etc etc... and so it goes on.

Having not seen a balance sheet for last year I can't confirm one way or another....so as a daft example - here we go

25 to 30 Management / Senior squad players - at £1000 each AVERAGE per week makes a total mockery of £1m per year.

15 to 20 Other Staff/ Junior Classed players/Youth Players/ Office Staff etc.....at £200 to £500 each AVERAGE per week.

Then the ground and Maintenance costs etc Including Groundsman and Staff at £500,000 per year

Then Managing Director, CEO etc. will be getting salaries and other fees etc....

Then of course there is Electricity/Gas/ Rates/Office Expenses/Telephone Services/ etc. etc. and so it goes on

I'll bet there is little or no change out of £3m per year just for the running costs of the club.

Work it out on basic attendaces and being generous of 5.500 home matches @ say £14 average = gate money of £1.7m - and don't forget we have to pay VAT on that, the FA and League get a cut and so on.....all in all the club are losing around £1.3m per year.

This is why SC claims they are personally subsidising the club for around £15k per week - even that leaves a shortfall of a guesstimated figure of £0.5m per season.

I don't see any of the complainants on OWTB or indeed anywhere else coming up with any solid solutions, or money !...also I seriously don't envy the TTA or T4A for their role in OAFC, in fact personally I'm going to be eternally grateful to them for saving our club from disappearing off the face of the earth, I'm sure they feel that a few others should feel that way also, instead of all this suggestion and innuendo and in some cases basically lies about them. :grin:

I'm not going to quote an accurate figure but on these figures alone - it's not much fun running a football club !

I agree Fylde, my guess was definitelty on the low side, I can imagine the amount of hidden costs that fans wouldnt even think of is sky high too.

Total player salary budget (per annum) - £2M

(That's players' wages alone, including bonuses etc. It does not include football staff, non-football staff or any other outgoings)

Source? Simon Blitz, in the radio interview he did in the states a few months ago.

We know ground maintenance costs up to £400k per annum. So that leaves £100k for everything else ...

As for transparency, if you're a Trust member then you will have had the chance to see the annual balance sheet.

Yet Simon Corney at the recent forum stated that our playing budget for last year was between 1.5m/1.6m.

Maybe they don't talk to each other, but they can't both be right.

I've never seen any reason to doubt what they say.

I just wish they were prepared to pile more of their wealth in to the club.

Not a criticism. I understand why they don't.

They brought stability. I want a notch above stable though. Rather than stagnation.

i wish they would put more of their wealth in too, but unlike you i dont understand why they wont

we should be in the Championship now according to TTA

Guest FyldeBlue
Yet Simon Corney at the recent forum stated that our playing budget for last year was between 1.5m/1.6m.

Maybe they don't talk to each other, but they can't both be right.

Playing budget, wages budget, club budget,....... does any it matter ?... they are all costs that HAVE to be found before they the TTA have to subsidise the club not the players wages or whatever....just an off the cuff answer to someone that's all.

You're at it again Petty Officer.....face this fact pal - The club has been stagnating for around 2 decades - what the bloody hell has this got to do with the fact that the TTA saved it from disappearing forever ?.....

Why are they being blamed for at least trying to make positive moves, as I've already said, with people like you calling themselves "fans".... if I was one of the TTA I would be off leaving you and all your fellow negatives in your miserable negative town.

You are making me feel sick, hopefully I'll be able to copy and paste the bile that eventually comes up to its rightful place - all over you !

Perhaps it's being so obsequious that makes you feel sick.

You seem to be failing to notice that, up to now, I haven't even mentioned TTA.

So TTA saved the club. Never knew that. Thanks TTA.

However, when it comes to the idea of stagnation, I must be imagining the fact that, more then five years on, the club is no nearer to getting out of the division, and is arguably no safer from relegation. So, too, must I be imagining the crumbling three-sided ground and the amateurish catering, the complete lack of effective marketing, the absence of basics like a scoreboard etc etc. And that the dwindling number of faithful are, in the main it seems, creaming themselves at the prospect of a little lower division ground, right in the middle of hostile territory, that might not get built anyway.

Apart from all that the club is clearly progressing.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

i wish they would put more of their wealth in too, but unlike you i dont understand why they wont

Surely thats obvious? It is their money not ours they can do what they want with it. They have stated right from the beginning that they were not going to splash money all over the place.

Guest FyldeBlue

What wealth ?.....Oh yes or are you another one who has simply forgotten about the £4.7m they put up when they first came in to SAVE THE BLOODY CLUB. :wink:

give it up eh!

TTA are our saviours!

They are here to save Oldham Athletic and thats it!

There is nothing in it for them!

although i am gratefull for still having a club - they are here to make money off us - FACT

they saved our club, so we cant question them in any way eh :shock:

the plan was to be in the Championship by now - thats my point

Happy Clappers and lemmings no longer believe, deep down, that the Championship is a realistic possibility.

Unless something drastic changes they are correct. The fourth division or the Conference is a more realistic possibility as things stand. If we ever end up there, the same people will justify why it's unrealistic to expect to regain FL or third-tier status.

Without sounding too negative do you think that TTA are beginning to regret investing.........anyone?

haha I would be. Failed to get out of this division and the recession has messed up their plans with the land.

Im starting to think some on here want them to leave.

Guest FyldeBlue
the plan was to be in the Championship by now - thats my point

Oh yes, three or is it four Managers later, around another £2.5 million personally lost through subsidising and paying out fees for players who have either disappeared, out on loan or whatever or simply left the club.

The TTA have done almost most of what they said they would, they have at least saved the club, it is one of the few which is SOLVENT !.... what they wanted was what they saw as a sensible aim and target, so far they've failed on appointing Managers who simply could not do the job.

I would guess that up to very recently they would still see the Championship as an aim for the club, but to be honest I would not blame them if they simply got fed up with the moaners and groaners - and Petty Officer Jones !....who constantly belittle whatever they try to do, then just put the club up for sale and push off cutting their losses.

Beware!.... we are on dangerous ground here, how would you feel if you had the misfortune to be one of the TTA right now ?

I should think they are bewildered by some of the people of Oldham....

Edited by FyldeBlue