The crowd on friday...

is going to be ridiculously low. There is no way people who arent season ticket holders will be having Boundary Park high on their priorities on friday evening. I know I wouldnt be parting with £20 if I didnt have a season ticket.

How many full backs and wingers do we need to sign before Penney realises it's actually a centre half that is priority.

I think I know what that ranting old bloke at Cheltenham (away on the tuesday night last season) meant in his one man crusade slagging off Reuben (much to the amusement of myself, Roytonbluelad, ROAM and the others sat nearby). He (reuben) along with Gregan are liabilities.

What makes this worse tonight, is that Accy sold there biggest earner and arguably best player today.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is going to be ridiculously low. There is no way people who arent season ticket holders will be having Boundary Park high on their priorities on friday evening. I know I wouldnt be parting with £20 if I didnt have a season ticket.

How many full backs and wingers do we need to sign before Penney realises it's actually a centre half that is priority.

I think I know what that ranting old bloke at Cheltenham (away on the tuesday night last season) meant in his one man crusade slagging off Reuben (much to the amusement of myself, Roytonbluelad, ROAM and the others sat nearby). He (reuben) along with Gregan are liabilities.

What makes this worse tonight, is that Accy sold there biggest earner and arguably best player today.

and why do we enter this competition, we always show ourselves up by crashing out early on. :shock:

Fear the same about the crowd. What was it tonight? 1,600? The lowest gate at Boundary Park I've known while supporting Latics (in a competitive game).

Fear the same about the crowd. What was it tonight? 1,600? The lowest gate at Boundary Park I've known while supporting Latics (in a competitive game).

I may have missed this somewhere apologies if so but why are we playing on a Friday night?

Shame about the crowds tonight but it was never going to be anything decent - it will pick up a bit for a league game but i think 4k will be about the best we can hope for. We need some form and some home wins badley

No centre back, no goalpoacher and no goalkeeper, all top priorities in many fans eyes since pre season, but evidently not the managers.

I heard him today Rocky. He was in the George Hill and gave a few shouts to Rubes. I'd let him take a training session.

Yeah have to agree was very poor tonight nobody looked interested at all, only kieran lee stood out for me, think friday will be around 4k mark.

the team have got to put a string of wins together home and away for me to come down from salford and spend my 20 quid, more with the petrol money.

in essence penney and co. have got to sell the club to me.

20 quid for Latics is a lot in the current climate,I didn't get a season ticket and I know I'm not going to every game as my money is earmarked for other iimportant things.

I think if they dropped it by a fiver it'd make a difference in the number of attendees at a game, an it wouldn't do much damage to the wage bill with the Eardley money surely able to cover some of the TTA's losses.

We need to put a string of passes together.

That second half tonight was as bad as I've seen from us for quite a while and that is in the face of some very stiff competition from some performances over the last couple of seasons.

Thiunking that myself mate, spot on! Second half was as bad as anything we saw first half of 07/08 or the second half of last season.

I have been to every game this season and I'm honestly delighted to be going out for a family meal on Friday than going to watch that shower of :censored:e.

I think I am going on friday, would have missed it on a Saturday with England playing though, at least I am guessing thats why its moved? I actually look forward to England games at the moment.

yeah thats the reason why due to England game the fact Hartlepool never bring many anyway suspect with police costs and all cheaper to play on Friday rather than Sunday.

Cheaper seems to be the byword at this club nowadays. :(

Correct on another footballing website a Wycombe fan said rather than roll out the red carpet and struggle to make a huge profit.

Against Leeds they gave them miminum allocation to keep police costs down and keep losses to a minimum.

yeah thats the reason why due to England game the fact Hartlepool never bring many anyway suspect with police costs and all cheaper to play on Friday rather than Sunday.

hartlepool play quite a few of their home games on a friday, well at least they used to. so they might have convinced us it was a good idea. besides jeff stelling said he could only make it on the friday night. :lol:

Ive gone from being a season ticket holder to just going to the odd game, I used to wake up on a Saturday quite looking forward to going watching the lads. I went to watch Stockport first game of the season and the whole team had changed from last season with the exception of Taylor and Gregan, tbh it felt like watching a random team, not Oldham Athletic. Ill prob show up for the odd few games this season but the prospect doesn't fill me with excitement as it did under Dowie, Ritchie and even Sheridan!

I feel wholesale changes to the team doesn't help retain the fanbase, especially when the new crop of players are substandard league 2 players.

Thats my persoonal opinion anyways...