Dave Penney

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask roylearmy he's the one who started all this :censored:e for christs sake cause bringing a new guy in with penny's signings would really solve the current form,however dean brill does need locking in a dark room till the end of may....

The question was aimed at him, mate. Just interested in the rationale of the moaners on here - I put it down to attention seeking.........

On the other point, seen Brill against Stockport, Orient and Brentford and he's been solid in all of them.

The question was aimed at him, mate. Just interested in the rationale of the moaners on here - I put it down to attention seeking.........

On the other point, seen Brill against Stockport, Orient and Brentford and he's been solid in all of them.

sorry mate he's :censored:e end of story :grin:

F****** shut up the lot of you!!!! you are NOT fans of OAFC!! yes we all have opinions but to want DP out after 6 YES 6 games is an insulting suggestion!!

Tonight was excellent 1st half, poor 2nd half and yet again we give teams goals without them doing anything through our poor defending. He KNOWS we need a CB but anyone ever thought that the people he wants arent available at present? No because you are all morons wanting instant success in 8 weeks of a job!

Clueless Shez had 3 YEARS!! DP knows his football and knows what he is doing. He has no or little money to spend he has already brought in some good young players, add to that purdie and abbott and we have a very good squad.

We have 6-8 key players out injured!!

When we have a full squad to pick from we will have a very good team and i think a lot of you will be suprised where we finish. OK we may not get playoffs this year but id certainly back us as top 6 material next year once he has finished getting rid of the dross left by Shez (hazell, lomax, casper, o'grady)

DP is the best this club has had since JR and the glory years, give the man time FFS and we may just do something, god some of you guys do my nut in!!

TEAM WHEN EVERYONE FIT:

Brill

:censored:

Gregan

NEW CB

Sheehan

Colbeck

Furman

Worthington

Taylor

Abbott

Blackman

subs: GK, Holdsworth, Hazell, Whitaker, Smalley, Purdie, Lee, Jacobson, Parker, Brooke, youth lads etc. (add stephens and Alessandra to that list if they return from loan spells)

Colbeck?????? He's really not gunna get you to the championship.

Edited by MattTinlge

I for one won't be calling for Penney's head to roll, that is until I feel he is the wrong man for the job, that could well be if we are deep in the relegation zone edging towards the end of this season. If it is mid-table (ish) where we finish then I shall look forward to next season hoping for an improvement on this one, if we finish below where we finish this season or don't see much improvement then I shall question myself is he really the man to carry us forward and perhaps give him another season. Ideally I would like to see us in the playoffs within the next 3 years. Instead of telling people to get a grip/ shut up whinging or any other weight throwing why not ask them to justify their post, afterall the majority on here are Oldham fans/ supporters and have as much right as anyone else to post whatever they like. Thanks.

Thank God someone with sense, the board is dying from utter crap being spouted only at latics could a manager come in buy young players, get a structure going that anyone with a guide dog can see will bring dividends in future we have several big tall young lads who need a little time to push a centre half but who are more likely to be the long term solution than a loanee.

get rid after 7 17 games or 46 games ridiculous crap, under pressure ffs we arent doing anything that wasnt needed. he has a limited budget but a vision he cant help the likes of Taylor, Jacobsen Purdie being ill. He needs 3 years to turn a young team into a good young team but with threads like this its embarrassing supporting latics.

Isnt that the truth,maybe it will change when the schools open again.

Am losing my faith with him now give him couple of more games if he fails i want him out sorry to say.

he has not brought a central def in thats the main problem we got.

Didnt want Penny... Getting the feeling my gut was right but bloody hell!!! Its September! Give the guy a chance!

Where mid-table... What more did you expect ?

Edited by oafc0000