I love being.....however....

I love being a latics fan....

I have just been reading all the diverse comments after tonights performance posted on here and I have gone from feeling very sad to a least having a smile put back on my face (non - alcoholic/sexual either...lol)

I have had a little faith restored that through it all, we can have a sense of humour too - lets face it after tonight we could all cry.

I still don't agree with the level of abuse the team is getting - tonight made me really angry to the point I turned on a few fans myself and I am still questionning if I should return to witness that level of abuse again. I won't stand there quitely either listening to it like a few others didn't too. It was very hard to see and of course do - turn on another latics fan.

At the end of the day latics is my team and no matter what I will defend them at all cost, that is my choice. I "support" on the terracces even when its bad, and some fans sing how :censored:e we are an the team on't deserve to wear the shirt..I wanna sing that I love you Oldham, we do...an c'mon Olham gives us a goal.....ooooooo...."

Has the hightened abuse put anyone else off going or bringing the family to BP again???

Has it finally split the fans too?

I am questionning wether I should not go anymore - just to save myself being cartered off from the boys in blue from abusing a fellow fan.

This wil for me, be a night/early morning to remember

I have just been reading all the diverse comments after tonights performance posted on here and I have gone from feeling very sad to a least having a smile put back on my face (non - alcoholic/sexual either...lol)

I have had a little faith restored that through it all, we can have a sense of humour too - lets face it after tonight we could all cry.

I still don't agree with the level of abuse the team is getting - tonight made me really angry to the point I turned on a few fans myself and I am still questionning if I should return to witness that level of abuse again. I won't stand there quitely either listening to it like a few others didn't too. It was very hard to see and of course do - turn on another latics fan.

At the end of the day latics is my team and no matter what I will defend them at all cost, that is my choice. I "support" on the terracces even when its bad, and some fans sing how :censored:e we are an the team on't deserve to wear the shirt..I wanna sing that I love you Oldham, we do...an c'mon Olham gives us a goal.....ooooooo...."

Has the hightened abuse put anyone else off going or bringing the family to BP again???

I am questionning wether I should not go anymore - just to save myself being cartered off from the boys in blue from abusing a fellow fan.

happy clapper

Don't let the morons put you off mate,we need all the fans we can get.I'm sure we're all frustrated with the results and performances so far,but turning on our own players helps nobody.

Don't let the morons put you off mate,we need all the fans we can get.I'm sure we're all frustrated with the results and performances so far,but turning on our own players helps nobody.

I agree, but my young nephews were with me it was their second game and it scared one of them. That's when I got a wake up call as I was ranting with some fans when he came over tugging on my jeans asking why everyone was shouting and he didn't like being there anymore. It certainly woke me up fast and I realised others around were getting heated too

It was then for the sake of the kids we left, just as a friend of mine witnessed what was going on as....... "I am a lady you know"....thought I was in trouble and with kids near me too. It could have got ugly...and certainly made me think about how I behave on the terraces, I want to defend my team..even from its own fans it now seems.

My nephews are now undecided if they want to return to BP, its a shame as last home game, their first, they asked for Latics shirts for Xmas. I may have to move to another part of the ground in order for them to be persuaded to stay (they unfortunatly are Livepool fans - so I am trying to convert....)

I will bribe them with chocolate and sweeties like a good aunty should....

I agree, but my young nephews were with me it was their second game and it scared one of them. That's when I got a wake up call as I was ranting with some fans when he came over tugging on my jeans asking why everyone was shouting and he didn't like being there anymore. It certainly woke me up fast and I realised others around were getting heated too

It was then for the sake of the kids we left, just as a friend of mine witnessed what was going on as....... "I am a lady you know"....thought I was in trouble and with kids near me too. It could have got ugly...and certainly made me think about how I behave on the terraces, I want to defend my team..even from its own fans it now seems.

My nephews are now undecided if they want to return to BP, its a shame as last home game, their first, they asked for Latics shirts for Xmas. I may have to move to another part of the ground in order for them to be persuaded to stay (they unfortunatly are Livepool fans - so I am trying to convert....)

I will bribe them with chocolate and sweeties like a good aunty should....

I dont think think we are doing that bad really, if you think about it we have a whole new team and so have Brighton and they are right at the bottom, we are mid table and we still haven't got our full team out, it will be another 4-5 games until we can really decide how bad we are or how good we are, because we got a really good point at Brentford and agreat win at Orient so all the moaners should think again before they start slagging off all our players

It's not Disney on ice in all fairness is it, I stood in the Chaddy as a 5 year old and am still going

It's not Disney on ice in all fairness is it, I stood in the Chaddy as a 5 year old and am still going

in fairness nobody is saying it IS disney on ice are they...there saying that the youngsters,our fans of the future felt scared and wanted to leave mid game.....which ever way you look at it it isnt good..these kids will go away and everytime there asked if they want to go again it will be no,i was scared last time...by the time these kids are old enough to understand it they will be reds or sky blues fans and not latics....

easy answer is go in the chaddy end,it is supposed to be the new family stand....rre is now being turned into muppett central(not everyone) by those who think it great to have a go at oppo fans all game instead of watching the game...happened last season and is slowely getting worse...

in fairness nobody is saying it IS disney on ice are they...there saying that the youngsters,our fans of the future felt scared and wanted to leave mid game.....which ever way you look at it it isnt good..these kids will go away and everytime there asked if they want to go again it will be no,i was scared last time...by the time these kids are old enough to understand it they will be reds or sky blues fans and not latics....

easy answer is go in the chaddy end,it is supposed to be the new family stand....rre is now being turned into muppett central(not everyone) by those who think it great to have a go at oppo fans all game instead of watching the game...happened last season and is slowely getting worse...

You're not wrong about muppet central - it seems some of the fans in the I block are just there to:-

Stand up - so thay can have an argument with the stewards

Sing songs about standing up - see above

Prove they "love" Oldham by stabding up - see above

Glare at other fans that don't stand up - see above

Or:-

Sing songs about being loyal supporters

Sing songs about us being crap :huh:

Take the P*** out of OUR players

Sing songs for a previous manager (who they wanted out 6 months ago)

Now, don't get me wrong - the booing at half time was fully justified imho, it's not something I joined in with, but I can't see that it can be criticised, nor again at full time. But, the chants / jeers / ironic cheers at Brill, crap though he may be, is just self-destructive. If a "loyal supporter" can't understand that, then they must be a complete half-wit.

Sounded more sarcy than it was supposed to be. I had to work till 8 last night so thankfully missed the game so can't really comment on the ins and outs. I do know though If I had of been at the game I would've swore and vented frustration in all honesty wouldn't have reall taken children into consideration. Only point I meant to make is that it's the football and rightly or wrongly is part and parcel

Agree with everything Real has said. How the hell these dicks can call themselves "loyal supporters", its a joke. Not only are they inbred morons but they obviously never went to school either. To the "im a bastard song". Hartlepool=YORKSHIRE? I didnt go on tuesday but my mate told me they were singing Accrington=SCOUSER? Utter pricks.

Ever since they opened up the Rocky Road end and diluted the Chaddy a lot of the atmosphere has evaporated from the ground, more so with the loss of the old Broadway stand.

My main reason for staying in the Chaddy was to avoid the 1 tune drummer boy and the chav following he has acquired. Now that I read they sing the Bastard song to the Monkey Hangers from Hartlepool (which is something none of them would know about) and Scousers to the "posh" branch of the Dingles of Accrington, shows how poor things are becoming on the terraces.

But please, whatever your nephews decide, please re-educate them from being Liverpool fans'! Even if they became United fan's it would be less shameful!

Great post underdog.

To an extent, I agree with the comments about splitting the fans and fans turning on each other. Some people in the main stand upper made a right fool of themselves last night and I'm sure on reflection this morning they will agree.

It's not good to see fans turn on each other, but it was also good to hear other fans putting these 'fans' correct. Telling them to support the team. Or just be quiet. Acknowledged, they have paid their money, but do they really think the treatment of players like Brill will improve things?

Three words. Keep the faith. Brill will save a penalty next week and be considered the best keeper going then before the minority get annoyed at the prospect of having to chose a new boo boy :wink:

Agree with everything Real has said. How the hell these dicks can call themselves "loyal supporters", its a joke. Not only are they inbred morons but they obviously never went to school either. To the "im a bastard song". Hartlepool=YORKSHIRE? I didnt go on tuesday but my mate told me they were singing Accrington=SCOUSER? Utter pricks.

To be fair Hartlepool is probably closer to Yorkshire (well pre-1972 anyway) than some of the other places the muppets with no sense of geography sing it too. Since the boundary of Yorkshire and Durham was the River Tees in those days (Yorkshire actually play an annual home cricket match at Middlesbrough), and Hartlepool is probably less than 5 miles as the crow flies from the river Tees- stuff I didn't really know until I moved up here and I'm not exactly a moron.

I do wonder though a lot of people complaining about these 'loyal supporters' and they're songs I think a few loyal supporters left early last night and were in a pub before the game finished- perhaps if these loyal supporters were old enough they'd have done the same.

On the flip side though perhaps some comedic chanting is what's called for at times like that (and no we're so :censored: its unbelievable is not comedic chanting), maybe something like the Parker version of 'How many pints'. But how many of these 'loyal supporters' go to away games?

Well I was angry at the team. I personally didn't abuse the team - but being honest I feel nothing against those that did.

Twenty quid! Twenty quid they paid to watch that :censored:e. I'll be f*cked if people can pay that, to watch THAT and not have a go at the useless pieces of crap that produced it.

So, pick your sections to go into more carefully next time if your nephews are so gentile (I mean really what do you expect in the RRE?) and don't start :censored: whilst you are with them (or don't moan about it afterwards).

Well I was angry at the team. I personally didn't abuse the team - but being honest I feel nothing against those that did.

Twenty quid! Twenty quid they paid to watch that :censored:e. I'll be f*cked if people can pay that, to watch THAT and not have a go at the useless pieces of crap that produced it.

So, pick your sections to go into more carefully next time if your nephews are so gentile (I mean really what do you expect in the RRE?) and don't start :censored: whilst you are with them (or don't moan about it afterwards).

bit strong innit....considering his nephew is 5 years old...

had a few sherberts this evening eh.....

bit strong innit....considering his nephew is 5 years old...

had a few sherberts this evening eh.....

Well, yes, of course. It is:

a) Not lent, and;

B) I ain't religious anyway.

The points I'm trying to make are that I struggle to have a go at people that have paid a fair amount of money moaning about the garbage we were served up with, and someone moaning about their young nephew being scared when they appear to be nigh on starting the problems themselves*.

*"I still don't agree with the level of abuse the team is getting - tonight made me really angry to the point I turned on a few fans myself and I am still questionning if I should return to witness that level of abuse again. I won't stand there quitely either listening to it like a few others didn't too. It was very hard to see and of course do - turn on another latics fan."